Everyone should pay sales tax

Posted in the Nortonville Forum

yrick

Kansas City, KS

#1 Sep 9, 2010
The state legislature raised sales tax on all Kansas businesses by 1 cent except farmers. Why? Nebraska farmers pay sales tax. We are cutting school funding, and it is time for everyone to pay their fair share. Add to this the subsidy program, and a lot of tax revenue is going to some very wealthy farmers. Check out this link and copy and paste the same to Pyle and Fund.
http://farm.ewg.org/top_recips.php...
Joe

Osage City, KS

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Well I do not know about wealthy farmers. I have only met two. They both were MBAs and semi-retired CEOs. Otherwise you might see the so called wealthy farmers with brand new equipment that cost in the 6 digits, but most of that is financed. Just like their beginning operating expense. Roughly to plant 1500 to 2000 acres it takes almost a million dollars of operating expenses. Just to own 1500 to 2900 arces is roughly 4.5 million. Can you imagine the monthly payment on that! Now at harvest time is when all the loans payment must be met. Most the farmers I know work outside the farm with full time jobs.
outsider

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Farm programs are just another form of welfare.Where is everyones self pride???
rezboy

Gardner, KS

#4 Feb 22, 2011
Joe wrote:
Well I do not know about wealthy farmers. I have only met two. They both were MBAs and semi-retired CEOs. Otherwise you might see the so called wealthy farmers with brand new equipment that cost in the 6 digits, but most of that is financed. Just like their beginning operating expense. Roughly to plant 1500 to 2000 acres it takes almost a million dollars of operating expenses. Just to own 1500 to 2900 arces is roughly 4.5 million. Can you imagine the monthly payment on that! Now at harvest time is when all the loans payment must be met. Most the farmers I know work outside the farm with full time jobs.
What planet are your from? Most farmers you know work outside the farm? The ones that I know draw subsidy money, don't work outside the farm and talk crap on poor people for drawing welfare when ...low and behold....they take subsidy money. Maybe if we stop paying subsidy money they can get Willie Nelson to raise more money for them! What a joke! The reason why land is going sky high is because all the incorporated farming operations buy up all the land to get more subsidy money. That is a fact my friend. I am a taxpayer that pays taxes every paycheck and I am tired of a lot of people in this country getting a free ride on my back...including farmers! If you cannot make the business go without government help then get a different job. Although most farmers I know could not handle working a full twelve months in a calendar year. Most of them couldn't handle being told what to do by a boss either because they are too pig headed!
Ned

Mayetta, KS

#5 Jun 15, 2011
Nope

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Sep 5, 2011
yrick wrote:
The state legislature raised sales tax on all Kansas businesses by 1 cent except farmers. Why? Nebraska farmers pay sales tax. We are cutting school funding, and it is time for everyone to pay their fair share. Add to this the subsidy program, and a lot of tax revenue is going to some very wealthy farmers. Check out this link and copy and paste the same to Pyle and Fund.
http://farm.ewg.org/top_recips.php...
Their are states that don't charge sales tax at all, and some that don't charge sales tax on food or cloths. Now, as far as farmer go. It may look as though farmers are wealthy, but if you were on the inside looking out rather than on the outside looking in, you would see that the only thing farmers own is dept, and land they may or may not make a profit from. Now it seems we've had some great bumper crop years. But I feel for the young farmers who have just started in these years. They won't know what to do if the weather turns on them. And they too will be at the mercy of the government. Therefore charging them sales tax would be the same as taking money they already owe.
tom teller

Groveland, IL

#7 Aug 16, 2014
2013 was a bumper year for farmers, in fact the 5 years have been the best years for farmers, and they still get subsidies from the goverment. The money they receive from subsidies can be spent on anything,campers, boats, motorcycles, towhouses even more farmland, which will give them even more subsidies. They pay no Illinois sales tax on anything related to farming, but we the taxpayers paid for three/ fourths of their crop insurance cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nortonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sparks Kansas Flea Market Met Cute Lady! (May '14) Fri Whiny1 2
News Horton man arrested in connection with kidnappi... May 16 eric clarry 8
Erika Zibell (Sep '14) May 2 Nightmare 2
Who is kimberly haugland ? May 2 Nightmare 5
Looking for Gerald Sexton Mar '15 Quantummist 1
Jackson County Sheriff's Office (Dec '08) Dec '14 lala 94
jackson county police farce (Nov '14) Nov '14 rezboy 1
More from around the web

Nortonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE