closing

Maggie Valley, NC

#108 May 13, 2013
Guess they r closing... didn't last long. Wonder if the people that already paid gym dues will get money back? Someone needs to file a complaint against kloud 9 if they rip a bunch of people off. Glad I'm at fitness five.
rain cloud

Norton, VA

#109 May 13, 2013
I suggest anyone read this article before committing to a fitness membership.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22579223/ns/busines...

If you search online, you will find that getting money back after a gym goes out of business can be difficult, if at all possible. Before I pay anyone anything in advance, I try to find out as much as I can about the people/business to make sure I can trust them with my money.
lol

Vinton, VA

#110 May 13, 2013
I love how they are turning this into a religious crusade against the Honeycutts. They only had 100 memberships...100. It failed. And as the owner of my own establishments, I can understand that if a business is failing and they can't meet the demands of their agreements with the owner(s) then they need to leave. Did they honestly think a Honeycutt was going to give a single damn about their "faith-based business"?! It's laughable all the way around. They knew exactly who they were dealing with.....
rain cloud

Norton, VA

#111 May 13, 2013
lol wrote:
I love how they are turning this into a religious crusade against the Honeycutts. They only had 100 memberships...100. It failed. And as the owner of my own establishments, I can understand that if a business is failing and they can't meet the demands of their agreements with the owner(s) then they need to leave. Did they honestly think a Honeycutt was going to give a single damn about their "faith-based business"?! It's laughable all the way around. They knew exactly who they were dealing with.....
Honeycutt or not, business is business. They should have known that. It would be no different if they were renting a space in the shopping center where walmart is and a restaurant moved into the space beside them. Obviously, they rented THEIR space, not the ENTIRE building. They need to stay in their own space and mind their own business.

100 gym members is not a lot. If all 100 of those members had a single membership (no discounts), that is $3000/mo. revenue. My guess is that is not enough money to pay the rent and utilities. They are going to have to sell A LOT of cinammon rolls to make up the difference.

If they are not making money, it is wrong for them to try to blame anyone else for their own failures.

I don't know how their situation is from a legal standpoint, them being a church and all. I don't go to church. Most of the holy rollers I have ever met use religion to cover up their skeletons they are hiding- lies, cheating, stealing. Then to cover up their mistakes and failures, they throw all the blame onto the "non-believers".

I don't like people who attend church because of the way they treat people who don't. I have nothing to hide but most people who attend church are hiding something and use religion to deceive others.
rain cloud

Norton, VA

#112 May 13, 2013
AND ABOUT THAT LEASE...
They should be able to present their NOTARIZED COPY of the lease agreement and this would PROVE that the purpose of the establishment was intended to be a daycare and everyone was in agreement.
rain cloud

Norton, VA

#113 May 13, 2013
If my wife loses money she paid in out of this, I am going to write ripoffreport.com and file a complaint on ftc.gov
disgusted

Wise, VA

#114 May 13, 2013
She seems to be a very conceited person. It is so tiresome to listen to all of her garbage. If she was such the business executive she claims, she would have all her "paperwork" before getting started. Also all of her other ventures would not have failed either. I remember when David first married her, they had this huge write up in the newspaper stating she was so rich, owning oil wells,and they flew home in a private jet to their new home. Wasnt soon after they ended up in Coeburn in HUD housing. Seemed to me that if you had oil wells in Oklahoma you wouldn't move to Wise county. This whole situation is like a car wreck, you don't want to look, but cant resist.

Really people... a board of directors...hahahahaha
disgusted

Wise, VA

#115 May 13, 2013
Also I would like to say, If they went to the city of Norton and got a legitimate business licence, wouldnt they have to show a proof of ownership of their building or an official lease agreement on the property? Maybe the city would have a copy of their mysterious lost paperwork.
closing

Hixson, TN

#116 May 13, 2013
Yeah its a train wreck.... I'm sure we will see more in the days to come.
Say what

Easley, SC

#117 May 13, 2013
Most new businesses are put on month to month lease to begin with due to the likelihood of failure in the first year. I'm sure that this is their agreement due to the square footage of the building and apparent rent they are unable to pay. The truth is that their has never been 100 cars if they have 100 members they definitely have failed. Actually it is an epic fail because theirs paying members won't come to the gym. I'm sure their used equipment and religious propaganda will suit them well on their next venture of metal salvage or whatever they choose. I also feel bad for the people they uprooted from good jobs through deceit to come and work there, but the truth will stand when the world is on fire. If they had payed their employees they wouldn't have people walking out on them the first week. And like they have said "God's will be done". We are seeing it now.
amazed

Johnson City, TN

#118 May 13, 2013
Eva and David's marriage was written up in the Coalfield ??? Why on Earth ???
Say what

Easley, SC

#119 May 13, 2013
amazed wrote:
Eva and David's marriage was written up in the Coalfield ??? Why on Earth ???

To spread their lies across Southwest Virginia. It is crazy. I wish I could get disability from my mowing job so that I could open and quickly close another unsuccessful business.
curious

Norton, VA

#120 May 14, 2013
So does anyone know about the new restaurant?
Delicious

Lexington, SC

#121 May 14, 2013
It will have a New Orleans feel. The menu looks amazing. I can't wait.
I know

Norton, VA

#122 May 14, 2013
The chef will be the owner and he is amazing
Kontrol

Roanoke, VA

#123 May 14, 2013
I know wrote:
The chef will be the owner and he is amazing
This sounds more like a classy restaurant than a sleazy bar. The way the Jessee's are talking, you would think they are putting in a sleazy bar- loud David Allen Coe music, thick heavy cigarette smoke, cheap beer, fist fights. They are saying the building owners are choosing a bar over christianity. But they are making this out to be a rough redneck bar instead of a restaurant that serves alcohol. Has anyone ever been in Reno's or Applebees on a Sunday afternoon? I have and it's packed with people just getting out of church. This place probably will be too. What is the big problem? They also stated that a burger restaurant was the initial plan to go into that space. So they knew when they made the deal that space was up for rent. Although the burger restaurant chose not to rent it, the building owner can't hold it open and refuse tenants because Kloud9 wants them to.
If I owned that building, this is what I would do. Kloud 9 must not have had an official lease because they said there is no records of it. If there was, Kloud 9 would have a copy. I would remove them from the premises and rent the space out to other businesses. It seems like Kloud 9 are control freaks and just want to create conflict with everyone.
I know

Norton, VA

#124 May 14, 2013
Kontrol wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds more like a classy restaurant than a sleazy bar. The way the Jessee's are talking, you would think they are putting in a sleazy bar- loud David Allen Coe music, thick heavy cigarette smoke, cheap beer, fist fights. They are saying the building owners are choosing a bar over christianity. But they are making this out to be a rough redneck bar instead of a restaurant that serves alcohol. Has anyone ever been in Reno's or Applebees on a Sunday afternoon? I have and it's packed with people just getting out of church. This place probably will be too. What is the big problem? They also stated that a burger restaurant was the initial plan to go into that space. So they knew when they made the deal that space was up for rent. Although the burger restaurant chose not to rent it, the building owner can't hold it open and refuse tenants because Kloud9 wants them to.
If I owned that building, this is what I would do. Kloud 9 must not have had an official lease because they said there is no records of it. If there was, Kloud 9 would have a copy. I would remove them from the premises and rent the space out to other businesses. It seems like Kloud 9 are control freaks and just want to create conflict with everyone.
this restaurant will be the coolist thing to happen here. go by and check it out, the owners actuually know what theyre doing.
jennifer

United States

#125 May 14, 2013
Where are all their defenders who usually get on here?
jimmy

Norton, VA

#126 May 14, 2013
jennifer wrote:
Where are all their defenders who usually get on here?
They joined anothr gym.
hard to defend

Hixson, TN

#127 May 14, 2013
Ya know its really hard to defend them when they are..........fruitkakes!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adams Tire post making people nervous 32 min Nut sack 26
Shiny 19 hr The truth 10
Micah Rogers Mon mike 51
Looking for male Pomeranian , to breed with my ... (Jan '11) Sun Madameckerson 106
Allen Brock Jan 19 CAT 42
Sasha Issacs? Jan 19 MKLT 13
Doctor Kumar Jan 18 Judy 1

Norton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norton Mortgages