Read the news about Logisticare !

Posted in the Norton Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
Logisticare made the news

La Vergne, TN

#1 Sep 2, 2011
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/pi/126641433...

this link tells how unprofessional logisticare is and how many complaints they've generated when my grandma was sick and had to use them as transportation she hated them as well she said they were very unprofessional!
DWT

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 2, 2011
Buy a horse or a car.
sqc

Nashville, TN

#3 Sep 2, 2011
what does something going on in Wisconsin have to do here?
Logisticare News

La Vergne, TN

#4 Sep 2, 2011
Logisticare takes calls from everywhere just like Sykes does we aren't stupid. From every state there is a logisticare they take calls.
Henrietta

Brownsville, WI

#5 Sep 3, 2011
Logisticare made the news wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/watchd og/pi/126641433.html
this link tells how unprofessional logisticare is and how many complaints they've generated when my grandma was sick and had to use them as transportation she hated them as well she said they were very unprofessional!
FYI LogistiCare is the Broker that schedules Non-Emergency Transportation for Medicaid and BadgerPlus Members throughout Wisconsin. The employees that work for LogistiCare truly care for the members. We work with contracted existing transportation in the State of Wisconsin. Coordinating transportation is a huge task. We have taken on this task to save the State of Wisconsin people money. So judge as you will LogistiCare Cares. It's a much bigger picture than people realize. Time will tell how it all turns out. People need to understand it's a much broader picture than meets the eye.
Helen NYC

Jackson Heights, NY

#6 Apr 15, 2013
This is the absolutely worst service ever. This past Fri I missed 2 appoinments even though they were made 1 month in advance. They keep you waiting a minimun of over 1-2 hrs even though my dr's office calls the service to give them 45 min to pick me up.

The reason they did not skdl someone in the Bronx to come to Mhtn. I've been complaining since May 2012 when they came on board.

Perhaps it's time to start a petition or contact the media for help to inform the public of the non-help for the elderly and disabled.

Totally unprofessional!
humerly

Niota, TN

#7 Apr 17, 2013
Lots of queers work there.
Iknow

Salem, VA

#8 Apr 17, 2013
Helen NYC wrote:
This is the absolutely worst service ever. This past Fri I missed 2 appoinments even though they were made 1 month in advance. They keep you waiting a minimun of over 1-2 hrs even though my dr's office calls the service to give them 45 min to pick me up.
The reason they did not skdl someone in the Bronx to come to Mhtn. I've been complaining since May 2012 when they came on board.
Perhaps it's time to start a petition or contact the media for help to inform the public of the non-help for the elderly and disabled.
Totally unprofessional!
. Why don't you call a day or 2 in advance instead of 45 mins before a doctors appointment. Common sense should tell you that it's going to be hard To find you transportation on that short notice with the other probably hundreds of people already having rides scheduled. Be proactive and quit relying on somebody else to make the call for you. I know it's tough being disabled and trying to find transportation but my goodness don't wait 45 mins before an appt and expect a ride. If ur gonna do that pay for it yourself and call a cab.
lady

United States

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Iknow wrote:
<quoted text>. Why don't you call a day or 2 in advance instead of 45 mins before a doctors appointment. Common sense should tell you that it's going to be hard To find you transportation on that short notice with the other probably hundreds of people already having rides scheduled. Be proactive and quit relying on somebody else to make the call for you. I know it's tough being disabled and trying to find transportation but my goodness don't wait 45 mins before an appt and expect a ride. If ur gonna do that pay for it yourself and call a cab.
If you would read, that's not what they said. The appt was made in advance. Once their dr appt was over, the drs office calls their ride to come back and get them. Once the ride was called, it was 45 minutes before they got there.
hmmmm

Norton, VA

#10 Apr 20, 2013
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read, that's not what they said. The appt was made in advance. Once their dr appt was over, the drs office calls their ride to come back and get them. Once the ride was called, it was 45 minutes before they got there.
cab companies don't have someone on "standby" to immediately pick up a specific person. They take rides as the come. the appointment could be made in such a way that the provider could have been there in time to make the next appointment. Besides, with the way some docs keep you waiting, appointments should not be scheduled so closely together. Take some personal responsibility here. It's the posters fault too.
Iknow

Coeburn, VA

#11 Apr 30, 2013
Logisticare is actually just the middle man, they themselves do not transport, they just schedule and put in request for transport for the patient to a transportation company. So when you call complaining that nobody ever showed up to get you, they know nothing about it, they have to call the cab company or whatever third party and see what the problem is. The longer you give them to find you a provider, the better, you can always call the day before your appointment and ask what company has been assigned to you. Also, if they are late, you can call logisticare and they will call on your behalf and make sure the company is on their way to pick you up. Their has been many cases where the companies forget or misschedule. If they know about the problem, they can try their best to fix it before your appointment. If you just sit there and wait til your appointment is over and do nothing, more then likely logisticare will never know there is a problem and the company will be paid for the transport regardless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottie in Norton 2 hr Cousin 6
Vapor Shop Posts 8 hr Michelle 5
Daniel Vires 20 hr Tell me bout him 1
Child's play 21 hr Lou Lou 2
Bon Fire and Beer. 22 hr yep 6
destiny pilkenton Fri Mullican 13
#// bound Fri Bobby Jo 11
•••
•••
•••

Norton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Norton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Norton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Norton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••