Shooting in Norton
Curious george

Big Stone Gap, VA

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Just heard of a possible shooting of a norton police officer. Anybody know what happened?
really

Norton, VA

#2 Dec 25, 2012
nobody is really ever gonna know the truth so dont try see i already heard he shot his self so who knows
Curious george

Big Stone Gap, VA

#3 Dec 25, 2012
Was he alone at home?
Curious george

Big Stone Gap, VA

#4 Dec 25, 2012
I heard he shot himself but it was an accident.
just to let you know

Wise, VA

#5 Dec 25, 2012
he was at home his power had been cut off and he was going to get his flashlight off of his duty belt and he hit his gun the wrong way and it went off on him
So sad

Wise, VA

#6 Dec 26, 2012
This is so sad! I know this family & they have lost a husband, father, & grandfather. Their lives will never be the same. Such a tragic accident on Jesus' birthday. God has called this good man up to be with him. Prayer for the family.
FYI

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 26, 2012
Power was not cut off, but having electrical issues.
okok

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2012
who was he?
TOTO

Roanoke, VA

#9 Dec 26, 2012
VERY SAD..THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY.
just to let u know

Norton, VA

#10 Dec 26, 2012
It was Roger Cooke and it was an accident. He was a very good man cop husband and father. It was just a horrible accident especially on Christmas. Im so sorry to his family and friends. He will be missed.
John

Norton, VA

#11 Dec 27, 2012
Sounds intentional. His gun shoulda been strapped in his holster
Curious george

Big Stone Gap, VA

#12 Dec 27, 2012
I heard or read he was trying to get a flashlight and somehow shot himself in the head????? Very disturbing to me.
So Sad

Wise, VA

#13 Dec 27, 2012
There was another shooting today on Powell river. A man killed his wife & himself. What is wrong with people?
Dmm

Wise, VA

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Just heard about that shooting on Powell river it was before you get to club Scotty's hill
Curious george

Big Stone Gap, VA

#15 Dec 27, 2012
Anybody know who the other shooting on powell river was?
All I know

Wise, VA

#16 Dec 28, 2012
Last name Blackburn.
Friends

Big Stone Gap, VA

#17 Dec 28, 2012
I knew them both. Please let the family have some peace during this time of grief. I'm sure they don't frequent here, but they may know someone who does and wouldn't take very kindly to their family's laundry being aired on Topix.
wayne

Norton, VA

#18 Dec 28, 2012
Friends wrote:
I knew them both. Please let the family have some peace during this time of grief. I'm sure they don't frequent here, but they may know someone who does and wouldn't take very kindly to their family's laundry being aired on Topix.
amen
others

Auburndale, FL

#19 Mar 11, 2017
rogers wife was abuseing kids at this time ?
Mcf

United States

#21 Mar 12, 2017
others wrote:
rogers wife was abuseing kids at this time ?
Makes people think that he was in on it too so figure he'd take the easy way out shoot himself and make people think it was an accident anyone can be a good family go to church everyday but guess what u don't know what happens behind closed doors unless u are psychic or a fly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot grand-mother 54 min curious 18
Madison Mullins 2 hr Mello 2
Shade and Missy Blair 3 hr Nope 4
Coach Ray Thacker...Child Beater??? (Oct '10) 3 hr who cares 103
anthony isaacs (Mar '13) 6 hr Katrina 42
Where's Hugs? (Jan '14) 7 hr FYI 54
mcondalds in norton sucks (May '15) Tue Just look 4 me 17

Norton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance