Is there a church in this area that d...
King Of Kings

Wise, VA

#21 Nov 30, 2012
JUDA wrote:
<quoted text>hey skippy..im very happy with who I am as you say..I find it amusing to provoke the religious simoletons. and who am I going to account to? YOUR god?? I don't think so..I do bot believe in that rubish im a believer of science. and evolution. not ghost stories ..
"Skippy",who calls people skippy? I find it "amusing" that you troll religious topics just to interject your feeble minded insults directed at people of faith. I mean, really. Is your life so empty that this is all you can find to entertain yourself?

I have always and will aways find it "amusing" that people like you that "Believe in science and evolution" as fact (even though science has yet to provide any solid proof, only guesses supported by even more guesses built on a foundation of ignorance, that "The Big Bang" is indeed how all of this came into existence) and who are absolutely committed to insulting or degrading people of faith at any and every opportunity. It seems that with all of your/Atheists hate filled and ignorant comments directed at people of faith,your "science and Evolution" offers very little comfort when you think about eternity. Why else do you fear the existence of God so!

In the end it matters very little what you beleive. Your lack of faith in God will not change the fact that you WILL stand before judgment one day. You WILL be judged for the life you have lived and you WILL suffer the consequences for that life. No one escapes judgment,saved or sinner,Christian or Atheist...not you,not me. All great and small will stand before judgement one day and all will have to give account. ALL OF US!

Now. Laugh all you want but remember,It is your choice to make and you along will be accountable for it. Ignorance will be no excuse and there will no parole from Hell!
Radio

Big Stone Gap, VA

#23 Dec 1, 2012
King Of Kings wrote:
<quoted text>
"Skippy",who calls people skippy? I find it "amusing" that you troll religious topics just to interject your feeble minded insults directed at people of faith. I mean, really. Is your life so empty that this is all you can find to entertain yourself?
I have always and will aways find it "amusing" that people like you that "Believe in science and evolution" as fact (even though science has yet to provide any solid proof, only guesses supported by even more guesses built on a foundation of ignorance, that "The Big Bang" is indeed how all of this came into existence) and who are absolutely committed to insulting or degrading people of faith at any and every opportunity. It seems that with all of your/Atheists hate filled and ignorant comments directed at people of faith,your "science and Evolution" offers very little comfort when you think about eternity. Why else do you fear the existence of God so!
In the end it matters very little what you beleive. Your lack of faith in God will not change the fact that you WILL stand before judgment one day. You WILL be judged for the life you have lived and you WILL suffer the consequences for that life. No one escapes judgment,saved or sinner,Christian or Atheist...not you,not me. All great and small will stand before judgement one day and all will have to give account. ALL OF US!
Now. Laugh all you want but remember,It is your choice to make and you along will be accountable for it. Ignorance will be no excuse and there will no parole from Hell!
Science has provided plenty of proof that this planet is far older than Christianity believes. It's called "Radiocarbon Dating". Even good ol' Pat Robertson (700 Club) has said that it's silly to go against science when it comes to the age of this earth. Religion is nothing more than a means to control people, and in my experience, it's mostly weak-minded people who are vehemently against science.
Also I noticed you said Atheists are "hateful", I think you should re-read that, look back through history and tell me that again with a straight face. Christianity has killed more people than alcohol, assault rifles, earthquakes, volcanoes, or serial killers combined. More people are killed in the name of religion than anything else on this planet. Atheists don't buy into all that hate and warmongering. That would be you hardcore "bible-thumpers"...
God Loves You!!!

Big Stone Gap, VA

#24 Dec 1, 2012
Radio wrote:
<quoted text>Science has provided plenty of proof that this planet is far older than Christianity believes. It's called "Radiocarbon Dating". Even good ol' Pat Robertson (700 Club) has said that it's silly to go against science when it comes to the age of this earth. Religion is nothing more than a means to control people, and in my experience, it's mostly weak-minded people who are vehemently against science.
Also I noticed you said Atheists are "hateful", I think you should re-read that, look back through history and tell me that again with a straight face. Christianity has killed more people than alcohol, assault rifles, earthquakes, volcanoes, or serial killers combined. More people are killed in the name of religion than anything else on this planet. Atheists don't buy into all that hate and warmongering. That would be you hardcore "bible-thumpers"...
Well I guess that we just ended up here from an explosion? Religion isn't something made from science, but something made of faith and as much as you don't want to believe in God he has knocked on your door and you have turned your back to him. He is a forgiving God and I know no matter what you type on here, you have felt him. Religious people are not going to get mad at what you type on here against religion, we pray for "YOU" that it want be to late to get into Grace. We will pray for you.
Radio

Big Stone Gap, VA

#25 Dec 1, 2012
I didn't say faith was a bad thing, RELIGION is bad, organized religion aims to control the masses. Think I'm wrong? What are the core beliefs on how say Christians for instance should conduct themselves. I have no problems at all with people having faith in something, anything, be it God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, themselves, The Flying Spaghetti monster, as long as it gets them through the day, I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is when conservative-Christians look down on anyone who doesn't live the way they do. It's called being "Judgmental", something that is said NOT to do in their Bible...Another thing that bothers me is these so-called Christians saying if "You're no friend of coal, let em freeze in the dark". So much for that "Love thy neighbor" bullshit huh? This country is supposedly a free country, where we have freedom of religion, it doesn't say you HAVE to have a religion, it says "FREEDOM" of religion, which means you're free to worship anything, or nothing, if you so choose.
God Loves You!!!

Big Stone Gap, VA

#26 Dec 3, 2012
Radio wrote:
I didn't say faith was a bad thing, RELIGION is bad, organized religion aims to control the masses. Think I'm wrong? What are the core beliefs on how say Christians for instance should conduct themselves. I have no problems at all with people having faith in something, anything, be it God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, themselves, The Flying Spaghetti monster, as long as it gets them through the day, I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is when conservative-Christians look down on anyone who doesn't live the way they do. It's called being "Judgmental", something that is said NOT to do in their Bible...Another thing that bothers me is these so-called Christians saying if "You're no friend of coal, let em freeze in the dark". So much for that "Love thy neighbor" bullshit huh? This country is supposedly a free country, where we have freedom of religion, it doesn't say you HAVE to have a religion, it says "FREEDOM" of religion, which means you're free to worship anything, or nothing, if you so choose.
You have the wrong idea for "real" Christians, these people talking about coal may go to church, but does not mean they are a Christian. Not saying that Christians don't make mistakes we do, every single day but we try to do better and ask for forgiveness. These coal miners saying this are not necessarily bad people, they are scared of losing what puts food on the table. I know I'm a coal miner and I don't think they would really want you to freeze in the dark, it's just a way of others to think before they try to shut down people's lively-hood when they are just jumping on a bandwagon and spreading some truth but a lot of lies they hear. And yes you can do as you want with religion, it's not that they look down on you but we love you and don't want you to be lost and burn forever!!! But it is your choice!!!
Radio

Big Stone Gap, VA

#27 Dec 3, 2012
[QUOTE who="God Loves You!!!"]<quoted text>
You have the wrong idea for "real" Christians, these people talking about coal may go to church, but does not mean they are a Christian. Not saying that Christians don't make mistakes we do, every single day but we try to do better and ask for forgiveness. These coal miners saying this are not necessarily bad people, they are scared of losing what puts food on the table. I know I'm a coal miner and I don't think they would really want you to freeze in the dark, it's just a way of others to think before they try to shut down people's lively-hood when they are just jumping on a bandwagon and spreading some truth but a lot of lies they hear. And yes you can do as you want with religion, it's not that they look down on you but we love you and don't want you to be lost and burn forever!!! But it is your choice!!![/QUOTE]

I will say your posts give me hope, but not much. I chose Atheism because living here in South-west Virginia all my life, I personally witnessed MANY people who claimed to be religious, living one way, then bashing others for doing the same simply because they didn't attend church...I witnessed them doing things that most people wouldn't do whether they were religious or not. The biggest misconception about Atheists is that we are "Immoral" and we're hateful. Couldn't be farther from the truth, personally, I am very nice, like most people though, that can change depending on what I'm having to deal with. I am not immoral, as a matter of fact, I have a very high moral standard, and I pass that along to my children. What I'm doing differently with my children though is I'm letting them make their own mind up on spirituality, which is theirs and theirs alone. I was force-fed religion, which is another reason I converted, and I refuse to force-feed my children MY belief, that is a decision that is up to them. But it naive to think that most Christians around here don't "look down" on Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, homosexuals, trans-gendered people, because they do, they pass judgement on them, saying "They'll burn in hell for their evil ways". Who are they to speak for god and what would be and wouldn't be acceptable to him? The Bible was written thousands of years ago, he could have changed his mind since then for all we know, because no one has written any new books to add to the bible for a very very long time, which means god hasn't been directly speaking to anyone here for a long time. So again I ask, where do they get the authority to speak for god? The Bible, while I will admit there are things that many of us could use as guidelines on how to treat our fellow man, is full of things that applied to the people and times it was written in. Take tattoos for instance, I have many, but most religious types tell me "You shouldn't mark your body, the bible says so". That's from the book of Leviticus 19 verse 28, if they want to pick and choose, then I'll just pick the verse right before it, Leviticus 19:27 "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard". When a clean shaven preacher tells me I shouldn't mark my body with tattoos it makes me want to laugh so hard in their face, milk will magically come out of my nose. In my opinion, cherry-picking verses to judge people is childish, and I've just shown that both sides can do it. Just because I'm Atheist doesn't mean I've never read the Bible, I actually know the Bible better than some Christians.:D
God Loves You

Big Stone Gap, VA

#28 Dec 5, 2012
Radio wrote:
You have the wrong idea for "real" Christians, these people talking about coal may go to church, but does not mean they are a Christian. Not saying that Christians don't make mistakes we do, every single day but we try to do better and ask for forgiveness. These coal miners saying this are not necessarily bad people, they are scared of losing what puts food on the table. I know I'm a coal miner and I don't think they would really want you to freeze in the dark, it's just a way of others to think before they try to shut down people's lively-hood when they are just jumping on a bandwagon and spreading some truth but a lot of lies they hear. And yes you can do as you want with religion, it's not that they look down on you but we love you and don't want you to be lost and burn forever!!! But it is your choice!!!"

I will say your posts give me hope, but not much. I chose Atheism because living here in South-west Virginia all my life, I personally witnessed MANY people who claimed to be religious, living one way, then bashing others for doing the same simply because they didn't attend church...I witnessed them doing things that most people wouldn't do whether they were religious or not. The biggest misconception about Atheists is that we are "Immoral" and we're hateful. Couldn't be farther from the truth, personally, I am very nice, like most people though, that can change depending on what I'm having to deal with. I am not immoral, as a matter of fact, I have a very high moral standard, and I pass that along to my children. What I'm doing differently with my children though is I'm letting them make their own mind up on spirituality, which is theirs and theirs alone. I was force-fed religion, which is another reason I converted, and I refuse to force-feed my children MY belief, that is a decision that is up to them. But it naive to think that most Christians around here don't "look down" on Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, homosexuals, trans-gendered people, because they do, they pass judgement on them, saying "They'll burn in hell for their evil ways". Who are they to speak for god and what would be and wouldn't be acceptable to him? The Bible was written thousands of years ago, he could have changed his mind since then for all we know, because no one has written any new books to add to the bible for a very very long time, which means god hasn't been directly speaking to anyone here for a long time. So again I ask, where do they get the authority to speak for god? The Bible, while I will admit there are things that many of us could use as guidelines on how to treat our fellow man, is full of things that applied to the people and times it was written in. Take tattoos for instance, I have many, but most religious types tell me "You shouldn't mark your body, the bible says so". That's from the book of Leviticus 19 verse 28, if they want to pick and choose, then I'll just pick the verse right before it, Leviticus 19:27 "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard". When a clean shaven preacher tells me I shouldn't mark my body with tattoos it makes me want to laugh so hard in their face, milk will magically come out of my nose. In my opinion, cherry-picking verses to judge people is childish, and I've just shown that both sides can do it. Just because I'm Atheist doesn't mean I've never read the Bible, I actually know the Bible better than some Christians.:D
I have tatoo's also you will be just fine, there are going to be evil out there speaking out in the name of religion, you follow your heart and you want go wrong...
Gods child

Big Stone Gap, VA

#29 Dec 8, 2012
Well honestly where ever you go, go with a open heart. God's discerning spirit will lead you out of bad situations. Please do not feel badly about all churches. God believes in unity. Tell yourself you will find the church that God wants you to be at. Pray without stopping. just to add another comment for others money pays the bills at the churches and your a killing your blessings by bad mouthing that. The Bible teaches us to pay our tithes. Blessings will come to those people
Try Lost Creek, Appalachia Pentacostal and there is another Church in Big stone that is amazing. I can not think of the name right now though.
where R They Now

Norton, VA

#30 Dec 12, 2012
Duhhh wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a queer because that's the only ones that talk about being judged!!!! You can't justify what you do so don't think you will find a good church that will!! A god church tells you the trust and queers can't take the truth!!!
I think you just said what I was thinking.You don't need to look for a good church they want one to say its OK to be Gay or Drink,you know what I'm talking about.
Shiiiittt

Norton, VA

#31 Dec 12, 2012
Goin to church don't get you in Heaven only You and God knows what's in your heart.If they preach the Bible that's all you need. Work out your own Salvation
Shiiiittt

Norton, VA

#32 Dec 12, 2012
Gods child wrote:
Well honestly where ever you go, go with a open heart. God's discerning spirit will lead you out of bad situations. Please do not feel badly about all churches. God believes in unity. Tell yourself you will find the church that God wants you to be at. Pray without stopping. just to add another comment for others money pays the bills at the churches and your a killing your blessings by bad mouthing that. The Bible teaches us to pay our tithes. Blessings will come to those people
Try Lost Creek, Appalachia Pentacostal and there is another Church in Big stone that is amazing. I can not think of the name right now though.
Yes you said the truth there..Thank You
Shiiiittt

Norton, VA

#33 Dec 12, 2012
Radio wrote:
You have the wrong idea for "real" Christians, these people talking about coal may go to church, but does not mean they are a Christian. Not saying that Christians don't make mistakes we do, every single day but we try to do better and ask for forgiveness. These coal miners saying this are not necessarily bad people, they are scared of losing what puts food on the table. I know I'm a coal miner and I don't think they would really want you to freeze in the dark, it's just a way of others to think before they try to shut down people's lively-hood when they are just jumping on a bandwagon and spreading some truth but a lot of lies they hear. And yes you can do as you want with religion, it's not that they look down on you but we love you and don't want you to be lost and burn forever!!! But it is your choice!!!"

God don't change his mind and the Bible says A man don't lay with another man.Your way off on your comment
jesus lover

Vinton, VA

#34 Dec 12, 2012
Come to FOWC in dorchester on the mountain. The pasters there are really good Robbie Fultz and Scott Addison. I think you would enjoy it,
Shiiiittt

Norton, VA

#35 Dec 12, 2012
CHICAGOPRINCE wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like you've got some issues ..can't spell also.
Chicagoprincd stay out of our talks and get a lifeYou must be gay also
Radio

Big Stone Gap, VA

#36 Dec 13, 2012
Shiiiittt wrote:
<quoted text>
God don't change his mind and the Bible says A man don't lay with another man.Your way off on your comment
The Bible says a lot of things...You seem to be one of those "Cherry Pickers" I was talking about.

How do you know? Do you personally know him? Have you ever actually held a conversation with this deity? Do you know his phone number? I'm not talking about prayer, I'm talking literal talking here, like the MEN who wrote the bible allegedly did. They purposed that they ACTUALLY talked with God, not through prayer, or divination, but actual conversation. How many people do you know that has actually spoke with god? I'll answer for you. None. I'm not "way off" I'm spot on. You people preach your "love for fellow man" unless they do something YOU think is wrong. Just because YOU think it's wrong doesn't mean it is, it means it's YOUR opinion that it's wrong. If there is actually a heaven and hell, I'll see many people such as yourself there, I'll be the guy with the big pitchfork and pineapple waiting for you by the fire.
look

Norton, VA

#37 Dec 15, 2012
I like HVUUC. Unfortunately, they're between Kingsport and Johnson City.

Since: Apr 11

Norton, VA

#38 Jan 2, 2013
I love Jesus wrote:
Would love to find a church in the wise/norton area that is not filled with hypocrites. I am so tired of these so called preachers, preaching HATE. The Jesus Christ that I know taught one to, love one another, judge not your fellow man. What is wrong, I know in the end of days, there will be false teaching,(false prophets). Where ole where has my little church gone???? Someone told me that some preachers are even into the politico debate. Judging one man over another. My BIBLE tells me there is only ONE judge, and they will stand in front of him.
Spirit and Truth Worship Center in Big Stone Gap is wonderful! They are the most loving people I've ever met.
earl

Norton, VA

#39 Jan 4, 2013
dont go there alot of things go on there, one evil lady mary ann cassell, an couple more, anyone knows her knows she hides the evilness, by goin to church, hypocrit! She has done alot to people! God is love, you dont hurt gods people, she thinks shes holyier than thou! But god knows the truth,she is old to raise a small child
Connie

Roanoke, VA

#40 Jan 17, 2013
There are still a lot of good churches in the area you just have to keep looking and dont give up.
Presbyterian

Cowpens, SC

#41 Feb 9, 2013
I love Jesus wrote:
Would love to find a church in the wise/norton area that is not filled with hypocrites. I am so tired of these so called preachers, preaching HATE. The Jesus Christ that I know taught one to, love one another, judge not your fellow man. What is wrong, I know in the end of days, there will be false teaching,(false prophets). Where ole where has my little church gone???? Someone told me that some preachers are even into the politico debate. Judging one man over another. My BIBLE tells me there is only ONE judge, and they will stand in front of him.
I would love to welcome you to Gladeville Presbyterian Church in Wise. Services start at 11:00 a.m. I like to think that we aren't "mean" and "judgmental"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This guy 2 hr Mr Nick 1
Hilltop and Joseph boys 11 hr Michelle 1
Tommy Mullins (Oct '11) 16 hr Jmillertime 10
Woodboogers Wed My Opinion 3
Robin j Aug 23 Hot under the collar 1
Sara mullins Aug 17 mustapha4667 6
Why are people in Norton so dumb and lazy? Aug 17 mustapha4667 9

Norton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance