Ky. Mining Jobs

Ky. Mining Jobs

There are 24 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Feb 24, 2013, titled Ky. Mining Jobs. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Harlan, Harlan County , Kentucky A contracting company is looking to fill more than 800 coal mining jobs in Kentucky and Virgina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone really believe this?
coalminer

Cumberland, KY

#2 Feb 24, 2013
they have started to send the a few of men to retraining and drug test to put to work on the ky side.stop by the office they will tell you what ever you need to no.more then you will get on topix very few things on topix is true.if you want the truth to the office and ask not topix.you are just trying to take what hope the miners have away.the mines are reopen for how long no one noes.better than nothing.
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#3 Feb 24, 2013
My point is that with over 100 addional power plants switching from coal to natural gas and other types of fuels the reality is that the demand for coal is going to decline in 2014 and 2015. These are facts. The best thing for most of these miners to do is to stop living in the past, except what is going to happen, and find new careers. I'am trying to keep you good people. Everything I'am stating is true and a matter of public record. And what are the miners going to do when companies like Alpha Natural Resources and James River Coal, to name only a few, are forced into bankruptcy?
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2013
help*
West Ky coalminer

Crofton, KY

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Mr Washington County wrote:
help*
Sad but true. People need to look at what Patriot Coal is doing to the UMWA. This is what the future holds for all coal miners. Coal copanies big and small are tring to revert to the way it was befor Matewan. Look it up on Google. The really sad thing is that the government is going to help.
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 25, 2013
West Ky coalminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad but true. People need to look at what Patriot Coal is doing to the UMWA. This is what the future holds for all coal miners. Coal copanies big and small are tring to revert to the way it was befor Matewan. Look it up on Google. The really sad thing is that the government is going to help.
The whole coal situation is sad for everyone in Central Appalachia.
miners wife

Wise, VA

#7 Feb 28, 2013
If you havent read on the internet they have been searching ways to make coal burn more clean they have spent millions of dollars to figure it out. And they have finally figured out a way.. look it up!
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 28, 2013
miners wife wrote:
If you havent read on the internet they have been searching ways to make coal burn more clean they have spent millions of dollars to figure it out. And they have finally figured out a way.. look it up!
But I think natural gas is much cleaner. Look it up.
Just the Facts

Logan, WV

#9 Mar 1, 2013
As a matter of fact, according to recent proven scientific evidence, Natural Gas emits more ozone-depleting molecules than the CO2 emissions than coal.

The same stunt was used on the old R-12 Freon years ago. Freon contained methane molecules which was harmful to the ozone. Natural gas is nothing more than Methane gas, with the physical harmful toxins taken out, and odor induced into it.

Guess who started the uproar over Freon? Dupont. However, Dupont held the exclusive patent on Freon at the time for 20 years, and at about the 18 year mark started the uproar over it. Why? Because they had just developed R-134a and had a 20-year patent on it now. That kept any competition non-existant.

Out of all the energy (BTU's) underneath the United States, 97% is coal, 2% is Natural Gas, and 1% is oil. Would you rather sell that 2% over a period of 10 years, or 100 years if you owned it?

Methane emits TEN TIMES the amount of harmful molecules to the ozone.

Why do you think that the largest contributors to Clean Air groups are Natural Gas companies? Hmmm...
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
As a matter of fact, according to recent proven scientific evidence, Natural Gas emits more ozone-depleting molecules than the CO2 emissions than coal.
The same stunt was used on the old R-12 Freon years ago. Freon contained methane molecules which was harmful to the ozone. Natural gas is nothing more than Methane gas, with the physical harmful toxins taken out, and odor induced into it.
Guess who started the uproar over Freon? Dupont. However, Dupont held the exclusive patent on Freon at the time for 20 years, and at about the 18 year mark started the uproar over it. Why? Because they had just developed R-134a and had a 20-year patent on it now. That kept any competition non-existant.
Out of all the energy (BTU's) underneath the United States, 97% is coal, 2% is Natural Gas, and 1% is oil. Would you rather sell that 2% over a period of 10 years, or 100 years if you owned it?
Methane emits TEN TIMES the amount of harmful molecules to the ozone.
Why do you think that the largest contributors to Clean Air groups are Natural Gas companies? Hmmm...
Your post is not true. In fact it is laughable. Do more research. Coal is a dying fuel. If you really want to know the truth research how many U.S. utilities will switch from burning coal to natural gas and biofuels now until 2020. It's in the 100's.
coal

Cumberland, KY

#11 Mar 1, 2013
eddie came out with it .it is all a big lie.no mines.no deal with mr bunn(he is dead)should all be on the news by monday.
just a mooney game him and his helpers had going
country girl

Lebanon, VA

#12 Mar 1, 2013
coal wrote:
eddie came out with it .it is all a big lie.no mines.no deal with mr bunn(he is dead)should all be on the news by monday.
just a mooney game him and his helpers had going
How do you know it is all a hoax.If this is all a big joke it is not funny. And i am sure all those men that need a job are not laughing either.
Check it

Cumberland, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2013
That's a different Daniel Bunn that died Jan.3. The one that died was a missionary in Bolivia...not an heir to the Bunn empire. Check it out. You should know there would be more than one Daniel Bunn in the world.
Check it

Cumberland, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Daniel J. Bunn died January 3.

NVZ, a Nevada Limited Liability Company managed by Daniel W. Bunn, invests in coal mining ventures.

*Notice middle initials.
Check it

Cumberland, KY

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Next time you all decide to piss in everyone else's Cheerios, the very least you should do is check your facts out, idiots. If you don't, someone else (like me) will.
Just the Facts

Logan, WV

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Washington County wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is not true. In fact it is laughable. Do more research. Coal is a dying fuel. If you really want to know the truth research how many U.S. utilities will switch from burning coal to natural gas and biofuels now until 2020. It's in the 100's.
With my holding a PhD in Chemistry, I'm not stooping to your level to debate this with you.
yep

Harlan, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Check it wrote:
Next time you all decide to piss in everyone else's Cheerios, the very least you should do is check your facts out, idiots. If you don't, someone else (like me) will.
He very well may be alive, but its still a scam & he is not involved with Professional Contracting.
truth

Cumberland, KY

#18 Mar 4, 2013
what is going on with all of this.
coalpowered

Gray, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2013
the man that works in that office for estep told me it was a hoax. he has no partner and as you all know estep dont have two sticks to rub together. i bet mr nathan would had kept his job he had
Mr Washington County

Johnson City, TN

#20 Mar 5, 2013
I started this discussion and as I stated on my first post I strongly thought this was a hoax. It looks like I am right. I feel so sorry for all the men and women who believed Mr. Eddie Joe Estep. He should be arrested and put in jail for what he has done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regena Bullion 3 hr well 4
Julzs Trent Tue Nopr 4
telemed everyone knows (Jul '12) Tue well 38
Why do ambulance services hire the nastiest of ... Tue Wow 6
looking for a real man to dominate me Jan 16 yuck 1
satanic churches in area? (Jan '11) Jan 15 hate wise 61
Missy Lintz (Jun '15) Jan 15 Everybodyknowswho 4

Norton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance