NW Ohio Emergency Response Too Slow To Save Man | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

A Northwood widow said that her husband died while waiting nearly half an hour for emergency crews to respond.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 21, 2011
Guido

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

More stories like this to come if SB5 goes into effect
hope

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

Find it impossible to believe that people on this department didn't know this could happen. Someone knew, it was just to much of a hassle to fix.
jeff

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

File charges against the State for wrongful death..... Get yourself a good lawyer... This is b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t....
hope

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

hope wrote:
Find it impossible to believe that people on this department didn't know this could happen. Someone knew, it was just to much of a hassle to fix.
Thing is this was probably reported as a potential issue by a department member, way it usually works is that people in charge normally won't fix a thing until something bad happens. Well something bad happened, something really bad happened. I imagine there is more than one person responsible for this, they need to get hammered for this. I hope they think about what they should have done everyday for the rest of their lives.
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

jeff wrote:
File charges against the State for wrongful death..... Get yourself a good lawyer... This is b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t....
That's right.If it were me in this case, i'd file suit just to prove one point.They knew something like this would happen sooner or later by cutting back on emergency personnel citing the fact they don't have the momey to pay them yet they do in fact have it to city leaders in undeserved raises.
wow

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

It is a common trend.. lets expect the best service a person can have, but, we really are not willing to pay for it. SB 5 is going to make this event very common. Fact is the squad in this area is listed as volunteer, they cut their full time people to save money. Just keep that in mind when you go to the polls. The people who would have been there to make a difference had to seek other employment to pay their bills.
HighKickThruCana l

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

With all the organized crime in gov't and budget cuts and levys not passing, expect more of this in the future. When you are laying there dying, just think, its a privilege if they show up and not your right as a taxpayer. Just like driving on the roads is a privilege.
tired of idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

wow wrote:
It is a common trend.. lets expect the best service a person can have, but, we really are not willing to pay for it. SB 5 is going to make this event very common. Fact is the squad in this area is listed as volunteer, they cut their full time people to save money. Just keep that in mind when you go to the polls. The people who would have been there to make a difference had to seek other employment to pay their bills.
SB5 will have no affect what so ever on this issue. You idiots need to quit blaming the system and blame yourselves... I bet this woman voted know for every fire levy that came down the pike. Volunteers are not unionized, so the SB5 plays no part. these departments are funded, or DEFUNDED by the VOTERS.. that is all of you.. Sb5 would not affect a paid dept, because SB5 has nothing to do with staffing or response times. on the CONTRARY.. it will STOP this kind of issue, because the way the unions work, their contracts come first, so if they have to pull from a fire department to pay the contract on a police union contract, then the other one suffers. So SB5 will actually PREVENT these issues, by making sure that a union cant hold the city HOSTAGE for a contract negotiation, or by striking. But the staffing and response times for you people serviced by these types of EMS departments rests SOLELY on your votes. So there is noone to SUE except maybe everyone that voted down their latest levy. Thats what keeps these departments going, is levies. You guys dont want to spend your money on fire service levies, then dont call them..
DUH

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Wow, how sad is that.
Read please

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

Hey, SB5 has nothing to do with this. It was ans is an all volunteer department. See some give all and never get paid!
Honestyfirst

Cloverdale, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

This happens far more often than you think. In rural counties they do not respond to some calls depending where they are or what they are for. Mant times they will call two or three different departments.
tired of idiots

South Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Honestyfirst wrote:
This happens far more often than you think. In rural counties they do not respond to some calls depending where they are or what they are for. Mant times they will call two or three different departments.
when there is no money to pay a department for resources, then there IS no deprtment.no one to blame on this one except for the tax payer, that doesnt want to vote a levy. people say that they dont want to pay a tax, but fire trucks and medics arent given away for free. its enough that volunteers are just that, they do it for FREE without whining like the union babies do, but they need equipment, and fule, and a building to put it in. and that ISNT free.
Yikes

Mount Victory, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Judged:

Guido wrote:
First of all this was a volunteer station so SB5 wouldn't have changed a thing. However, had it been a full time station SB5 would help because the taxpayers would not be paying the ridiculous pension/vacation/sick leave benefits that the unions have demanded in the past and they could actually afford to staff the station. Don't give me the "people don't want to pay taxes for these services" speech. We pay more in taxes than ever before yet our services in every area continue to get cut. All government employees, from the top down, are going to have to make adjustments just like the people in the private sector have and stop asking the taxpayers to give more and more.
From the Powell Bubble

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Wow, what a horrible worst nightmare...to watch your loved one just die right in front of you. OMG I can not imagine. Very sorry for the loss of this lady. I sure hope they can get the act together up there in NOrthwood.
Bill

Plain City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Judged:

Guido wrote:
Really you moron, these are volunteer firefighters, get a clue!
neal baker

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Judged:

HighKickThruCanal wrote:
With all the organized crime in gov't and budget cuts and levys not passing, expect more of this in the future. When you are laying there dying, just think, its a privilege if they show up and not your right as a taxpayer. Just like driving on the roads is a privilege.
You are correct about crime in Government. I was a forman at a private state agency in the home repair program and to me this was a scam. My former boss Roger Patton is the business director and his job is to not only to save the government money but, also to make the government money. I got injured on the job and had to file for workers comp. While after being lied to about if I accepted this job I would get full insurance benefit's but, never got them. So, I get hurt on the job and that missed Roger off because, now they got to pay for my surgery's on my back. So, after going through so much s**t just to get my incident report in, they thought they would get me later ( cut off my workers comp ). Well, they tried and after I realized that my workers compensation attorney was lying to me as well, I started reading the rule's and revised code's and I did find out they all were lying to me. So, after reading and knowing my rights I called the BWC and the Industrial Commission and told them that they are not allowed to stop my workers comp payments and they thought somebody was helping me. They kept asking me whom was telling me and whom was helping me? I told them that I attended college and known how to read. You see they are so use to dealing with uneducated injured workers and lying to them so they don't what their entitled to and they tried this on me. If you look on my face book you'll see the government harassment that my wife and myself has been through just because I was injured at a private state agency. I fully understand what those postal workers went through. On face book my name is Neal Baker and my profile picture is the illustration drawing that I draw the day of my workers compensation hearing. The guard walked into the hearing room and pulled his gun out. The hearing officer nodded his head at me as to grab the gun. This did make wsaz huntington WV new's. The security guard was arrested for pulling his gun out doing a hearing. A week later the church next to our home caught fire and I believe I was being lured out side that night? My wife cant' get a job in this town now and she was fired from her job and then the second job while she was on vacation her work place was robbed and the FBI got involved and questioned all five employee's except my wife. On the tape my wife noticed who it was but, that is why they didn't question her because it was the executive's nephew. The executive of my former work place. It got to dangerous so I told my wife to quit. I do know that a round here in Pike County, Ohio if a person gets injured and if that injured person is on welfare and the state just thinks their just living off the government, that injured person won't get the proper medical attention they deserve. If a person is related to State employee's or Government employee's I notice they get top medical service's and the nobody's get little. And, it is very hard to get an Attorney to challenge the state or government. Attorney's are to scared and I don't blame then. Not only did they try and kill me, they send me people on face book that are under age asking to be friend's. Why, so they can arrest me and tell everybody that I was a pervert. This is Roger Patton doing this he is so mad at me because of all the medical bills plus, I able to get my workers compensation. But, I've never been questioned or involved in any sex crime but, they'll trying anything to lock me up so they don't have to pay workers comp. Anytime you challenge the state or government you can't get an Attorney. I almost quit me job because they way they were treating me. Glad I didn't

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Northwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Anonymous of Indy 30,198
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 hr Marvin Levels 188
Debate: Ferguson - Toledo, OH Tue fightforourrights 1
national day of rage toledo Tue pissedofamerican 1
Abortion clinic vows to keep serving Aug 18 ATE CHRISTY 12
Buckeye cable system Aug 16 Gerald Goodman 2
Review: Pleasure365 Aug 15 Sunshine 1

Search the Northwood Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Northwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000