Northville school leaders eye wa...

Northville school leaders eye wa...

There are 2 comments on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Northville school leaders eye wa.... In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

Faced with a budget gap of nearly $2 million, Northville Central School District officials are considering changes for the coming year, including potential staff cuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

PARENT AND TAX PAYER

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Mar 4, 2011
As a former manager of a #1 and 2 retailer, I find it hard to believe the pay that some of the staff gets in that little school. I can't figure out why for so long the unions have gotten away with so much and for those people incharge of the budget to agree to such rediculous contracts. For example, sick pay? I don't know how many other days off they have but only working 180 days at most for a full years pay is nuts.we have subs working full time all year so the teachers can get their time off! Then to have a super making what she does, where is that justified? If the position of super is deleated and combined with principle and principle was to be reduced to one then all teachers take a 10% cut in pay, just maybe they will keep thier jobs, but no, the greed will over come and no one will have a job. But they will still say we do it for the kids!
Don't get me wrong, I love our teachers, most anyway, but why keep the worst just because of senority! Not saying the longest ones there are worst but I bet you'd find some of the newer ones are best.
Let's keep taking more away from the kids so you make sure you get your raise, do it for the kids. Take away art and music first right, all those in each all get a chance to participate where as in sports only the few choosen play, like basketball, 5 play - look at last year, the same 5 played most of the time. Is bench sitting a sport?
Take a step back and tighten up
GET RID OF THE UNIONS AND SAVE AMERICA!!
ps; time to get serious, do your part!
Merger

Woodhaven, NY

#2 Mar 12, 2011
We need to merge Northville, Mayfield and wells school district to save funds thats the only way.

Merger Wells, Northville and Mayfield schools...

Class size is only average 4 to 5 kids thats nothing they should be 20 min in a class...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bannertown Fair Aug 24 Mr Bannertown 1
Bridge to where (Mar '14) Aug 22 Just saying 4
Debate: Abortion Debate - Northville, NY (Mar '12) Aug '15 caterwaul 4
Snapchat Jul '15 bthwaits 1
Mike rudds Jul '15 Dumb 3
superintendant jon peterson and his past Jul '15 truther 1
barrier window systems complaint (Mar '09) Jun '15 jeans 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northville Mortgages