Teachers warned layoffs possible

Teachers warned layoffs possible

There are 1 comment on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Mar 2, 2010, titled Teachers warned layoffs possible. In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

Ten teachers and one teaching assistant in the Northville Central School District were notified Friday they may lose their jobs as a result of an impending budget deficit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 4, 2010
2 days after a building project was voted on!! I feel betrayed. If I had known this I would not have voted for it. It's bad enough the administration included some not needed items in the project like a $230,000 card system for door security, and some highly needed items like a gym room and science classroom renovation. I voted for it because some of the project is certainly needed. This administation is going to spend $230,000 of taxpayers money on door security? Has Northville Central School under some sort of crime wave?...if so maybe they need metal detectors also??
I have to question their competence. They are ging to cut 11 teachers! They have an outstanding teaching staff. Spend money on door security and cut teachers?....does that make any sense? If they need to reduce staff why not start in the administration. They have 3 full time administrators who probably costs the district well over $300,000 in wages and benefits. In a school district of about 500 students, two quality administrators should be able to lead the district. But It appears that they have no such leadership presntly in the district. If they need to reduce staff, start with the present superintendent and principals. Bring in new leadership who will put a building and financial plan into effect that is well thought out and reflects that is compentent educationally and fiscally responible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Glorosio Dec '17 Peter 1
Local YouTube channel Oct '17 Cool 1
News Tri-county blotter Oct '17 Liberal Bedwetters 1
Muni Restaurant (Sep '17) Sep '17 Shannon Wright 1
Edinburg school (Sep '17) Sep '17 Really 2
Review: TRU Colors Creative Styling INC (Mar '15) Sep '17 Charlene Healey 3
Adirondack Animal land (Aug '17) Aug '17 How sad 1

Northville Jobs

Personal Finance

Northville Mortgages