City to open Old Village fire station

There are 1 comment on the Oct 20, 2011, HomeTownLife.com story titled City to open Old Village fire station. In it, HomeTownLife.com reports that:

Plymouth's new partnership with the city of Northville will mean the reopening of an Old Village fire station that's been mothballed for more than 20 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HomeTownLife.com.

Tony

Plymouth, MI

#1 Oct 20, 2011
This is an interesting arrangement. Plymouth is surrounded by Plymouth Township so the former arrangement with them made perfect sense. Northville is five miles from Plymouth and some calls could be ten miles. Will the response time be adequate? They are attempting to solve the problem with logistical sophistication. The lesser used aerial and pumper will be stored in Old Village closer to Northville and could be deployed after initial contact with the fire scene.

I hope they cut corners by eliminating all the duplicate response to ambulance runs. When one person is hurt, they don't need to send three ambulances. I saw three respond to a woman short of breath at the library during the summer. As is typical, Plymouth FR went home and HVA took the person and revenue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) 19 hr Reader 25
News Business owner defends hanging nooses, Confeder... Sat watching livonia 4
News 'Obama Phone' store opens in Livonia (Apr '13) Fri Ericka Braxton 3
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Apr 24 curious1960 24
15 candidates running for livonia city counc... Apr 24 watching livonia 2
News Livonia seeking bicyclist input for non-motoriz... Apr 20 Tony 4
New street signs and tarring of side streets Apr 18 watching livonia 2
More from around the web

Northville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE