Let out to DRY

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jan 30, 2010
Prior waterproofing company that went bankrupt is now under operating under this new name. Needed to get initial "service" done for them to "acquire" our warranty. Initial inspection done. Approx 1-2 mos. later, sump pump started acting up (i.e. shutting on/off, on/off). Never did this before. Called to schedule a service call for them to check it out. After about 5 missed appointments, and no calls until after the appointment time came and went, technician showed up. Looked at it - said pump was "fine - just doing that because we get a lot of water". I told him it never did that before, but he assured me that it was "just fine". Put a "used" alarm on the pump to give me reassurance. Day after Christmas (12/26/09), the pump "exploded" shooting water all over our basement! We called and left 3 messages with the technician that had told us it was "fine", and 3 messages with their answering service. Each time, the answering service said they would definitely get our message to them right away. They even confirmed that our first message on Sat evening was dispatched 45 minutes after we called. NO ONE RETURNED OUR CALLS. We heard from the technician first thing Monday am, he said he "never got our messages" although when I questioned the office as to who gets their emergency calls, I was informed it was this gentleman. But, somehow, he claims he never got our messages - none of them! He came that morning (Monday), looked at the pump, asked us for 2 bricks to put under it, said it was "fine". How could it be "fine" if it malfunctioned and flooded our basement? We requested a new one be put in because when he came to look at it previously, he said he was bringing a new pump because by the sounds of it, we needed one. Anyway, he put a new one in. Very concerned as to why I never heard back from anyone from my 6 emergency calls, I called and spoke to the Owner. He immediately said there was nothing wrong with my pump, and that I had his guys drive all the way to my home when my pump was fine. I asked how it could be fine if it exploded? He just kept saying there was nothing wrong with it, and never, ever said anything about my flooded basement. He said "I got a new pump out of it, so what was my problem?" I WAS APPALLED AT HIS COMMENTS, UNPROFESSIONALISM, AND ATTITUDE - TO SAY THE LEAST! He said he was sending me my money back (the money I paid to have my warranty transferred to them and -- please note -- the money I paid for the "extended warranty on the pump" that malfunctioned). He said he did not want my business! The only thing he was concerned about was that they put a new pump in (even though I paid for an extended warranty - which they recommended I do should anything happen to it). He could have cared less about the damage the water did to my basement.
If anyone is considering having them do any type of work, PLEASE THINK TWICE! I would never, ever use this business for anything, and I will tell everyone and anybody to "BEWARE - STAY CLEAR"!
Kids at risk

Conshohocken, PA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
I totally agree with Let Out To Dry. We had work done by JES that has become a problem. We saw the PRESS RELEASE from ITG saying they would honor warranty work. They had 2 guys come out and admit work was done wrong. Now, they will not return phone calls and are hiding behind the receptionist. They are trying to act like they are separate from JES, but the owner if ITG - Jim Halloran - WORKED FOR JES BEFORE THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. ITG also took over the Northumberland property from the JES owner. There is lots more connecting the 2. It is pretty clear Halloran formed ITG for the purpose of taking over JES and that is what happened. Now he is trying to act like he knows nothing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. No return phone calls. NO professionalism. NO good.
Let out to DRY

Pottstown, PA

#3 Mar 16, 2010
Thank you "Kids at risk" for posting your comment! I am certain there are many others experiencing these types of problems with JES/ITG. I also have found various documention connecting the two, and am searching for more to confirm the connection. I would be interested in sharing our information. Look forward to another post from you.
Should I

Williamsport, PA

#4 Mar 17, 2010
Just had waterproofing estimate from ITG a.k.a Jim Halloran. Can't find any BBB info on his company. Very personable and pleasant though. I like the system his company installs. 'Let out to DRY' what documentation do you have concerning JES/ITG. My plumber told me to stay away from JES.
Happy customer

Lewisburg, PA

#5 May 6, 2010
ITG installed a waterproofing system in my basement and I am thrilled with the system and their service. My sump pump alarm went off at approx. 8PM on a Friday night. I called the job foreman (?) and he came right over to my house to address the situation. There was another instance where I called them for a service call and they very courteously and efficiently took care of that issue too. My home is currently in need of new gutters and downspouts and the first and only company I called was ITG. They are coming next week to do the installation. I think more satisfied customers like myself should post reviews; not just the dissatisfied ones. As of this writing, I'm The Guy is the guy for my home repair needs!
fine so far

United States

#6 Jul 15, 2010
They were prompt, did a good job with the roof on our carport and gave us a good warranty. Reasonable rates too. Good follow up all along and nice to deal with.
Janey

Altoona, PA

#7 Oct 18, 2011
This company is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I would never recommend them to anyone! I had anchors put in my garage to keep the walls from falling in and 3 years later, I still cannot use my garage. The walls keep moving in and the anchors are tearing up my yard. They have made minimal effort to fix the problem and I am still trying to get the problem fixed. DON'T CALL THIS COMPANY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selinsgrove Driver License Center (Aug '10) Oct 31 Mandy 35
montour ridge (Mar '06) Oct 25 Anominous 7
News Selinsgrove man pleads guilty to sexual assault... (Mar '15) Mar '17 Natasha 3
Penn Lyon Closing (Aug '10) Jan '17 Lost my ass 17
News Montenegro seeks man in photo with Russian fore... (Dec '16) Dec '16 AntemuraleChristi... 1
News 52 Year Old Rev. Jose Rosa Missing Since (May '09) Jun '16 PastorJoesDaughter 9
Denise Zechman (May '16) May '16 Curious 1

Northumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northumberland Mortgages