9 People Shot, 1 Killed During Gradua...

9 People Shot, 1 Killed During Graduation Party

There are 77 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from May 16, 2010, titled 9 People Shot, 1 Killed During Graduation Party. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

The Tuscaloosa Police Department is investigating a shooting involving nine people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Elizabeth

United States

#2 May 16, 2010
Memory Eternal to the deceased. May all who knew you find mercy peace comfort and strength in each other and their faiths! To the survivors of the attack: Godspeed a full recovery to all of you! May God Bless, Protect and Comfort you during this time.
Timoe

Tuscaloosa, AL

#3 May 16, 2010
I live there. They don't close the gates at night and anyone can come in. This doesn't surprise me. They don't take security as a high priority. It only costs $7 an hour to staff a security guard. Now this happens.....maybe a lesson.
Brenda

Athens, AL

#4 May 16, 2010
I still don't know why authorities think that one teacher in a classroom can handle these out-of-control kids. Small things drive them to murder including not passing tests and grade levels. Our very lives are in constant danger.
Josh

United States

#5 May 16, 2010
All I can say is I will be praying for the victims. For those that don't know the lord better be praying too for themselves and get right with God because with the way the world is today you could be next!
james

Arab, AL

#6 May 16, 2010
this is why it shoulb be like the old west. if everyone carried a gun this kinda of crap would come to an immediate hault!!
Wrong people

Montgomery, AL

#7 May 16, 2010
Exactly what are 23,28,28 and the shooter 20 year old young men doing at a high school graduation party? High school functions need to be limited to high school students. If I had an 18 year old daughter at that party I would not want a 28 year old guy hitting on her.
Bizkit

Marion, IL

#9 May 16, 2010
Wrong people wrote:
Exactly what are 23,28,28 and the shooter 20 year old young men doing at a high school graduation party? High school functions need to be limited to high school students. If I had an 18 year old daughter at that party I would not want a 28 year old guy hitting on her.
Perhaps they were the adults who where supervising the event. I would think there would be some adults present.
Reread the post

Hurley, SD

#10 May 16, 2010
Wrong people wrote:
This shooting happened just after midnight. This was probably a private party, not a high school celebration. As HS events don't go on that late nor are they held in apartment complex's clubhouses.
blackacre

Auburn, AL

#11 May 16, 2010
Black, white, latino?
TiKi

Huntsville, AL

#13 May 16, 2010
this is truly a sad story...i will pray for all victims and for the shooter...GOD has a reason for everything although at times it seems unfair...GOD bless you ALL!
BlaZe

Saint Petersburg, FL

#14 May 16, 2010
blackacre wrote:
Black, white, latino?
who CARES...?
GenieBelle

Decatur, AL

#15 May 16, 2010
Bizkit wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they were the adults who where supervising the event. I would think there would be some adults present.
I would think "older" adult...as in parents would be there to chaperon, not 20-somethings!
sad

Hamilton, OH

#16 May 16, 2010
they were older siblings of those who were graduating.
Shsv

Headland, AL

#17 May 16, 2010
James:

Yes because imagine if there were more guns among all these drunk, out of control, wildly impulsive young adults who think they're invincible.

Guns have their place if they're used appropriately...but I can guarantee you it's not around alcohol.
Mil41

Gurley, AL

#18 May 16, 2010
It is sad to know that teenage kids cannot go out and enjoy themselves after prom without having someone pull out a gun.
BMD

Tuscaloosa, AL

#19 May 16, 2010
Timoe wrote:
I live there. They don't close the gates at night and anyone can come in. This doesn't surprise me. They don't take security as a high priority. It only costs $7 an hour to staff a security guard. Now this happens.....maybe a lesson.
I live there too, and the gates not working has always bothered me. Don't we pay such high rent for things like the clubhouse and the security of a gated community? The clubhouse was being rented to non-residents and the gate was, as usual, wide open. I hope the office has been flooded with phone calls about this, I'm sure they have
Kristy

Arab, AL

#20 May 16, 2010
Why is there such an age gap in the people at the party?
Sharona

Gurley, AL

#21 May 16, 2010
What a way to ruin a graduation celebration. Seems like there is always someone that just has to make a mess of things for everyone else.
And the idea of these young people having guns...please...what the hell are you thinking?
Guns don't need to be in the hands of someone that can't control their emotions because once that round leaves the chamber...it is not coming back....
Anya

United States

#22 May 16, 2010
..... seriously, people? "once a round leaves the chamber..." -- c'mon! This tragedy deserves more than an NRA/no NRA rant. This young man is, clearly, broken - and felt a need to make others feel as hurt as he. No acceptable excuses for such behavior. No closing the barn door (or clubhouse gates) will help anyone. It's just sad.
not Social Justice

West Point, GA

#23 May 16, 2010
Since I am not familiar with that area of Tuscaloosa, I will refrain from condemning anyone. Once the testosterone starts flowing, before, during or after fisticuffs, and a handgun is available, it is not uncommon for this type of repercussion. I do not condone violence in any form. I do pack and I have a concealed carry permit. It is getting more and more unruly in our streets and I for one intend to protect my family, property and friends from those that would do us harm. I highly recommend everyone obtain protection before the regime in DC outlaws guns from the public. It will be coming out of the professional politicians next. Oh, by the way, the new American Power (a.k.a. Cap and Tax bill)will have an added Gasoline Tax included and guess whom will pay the tax? You are so right. Anyway, God help those that are in need of his assistance right now. Deal with the murderer in a swift fashion. Probably came from a bad family relationship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Venmo @Christina-Powell-10 Sep 17 Christina 1
How Do You Feel About Judge Moore's Refusal To ... (Feb '15) Sep 12 IvyLively 68
Clay Hinson Sep 12 Big Booty 1
News Alabama funeral planned for journalist George C... Aug '16 okimar 1
News Viral video: Chattanooga dog takes tricks to th... Jul '16 Knock off purse s... 7
man at walmart jerking off in his car Jul '16 alabamaisweirdaf 1
City Cafe (est 1946) Jul '16 jim thompson 1

Northport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northport Mortgages