Tracey Grissom 'shot ex-hus...

Tracey Grissom 'shot ex-husband dead after he made an obscene gesture at her'

There are 5 comments on the Free Republic story from May 29, 2012, titled Tracey Grissom 'shot ex-husband dead after he made an obscene gesture at her'. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Tracey Grissom, 30, from Northport, Alabama, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of her husband Hunter Daniel Grissom, 28.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Jacksonville, FL

#1 May 31, 2012
should have happened long time ago
Black widow perhaps

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2015
meme wrote:
should have happened long time ago
That's what I thought also in the initial aftermath. I think her lawyer didn't use the right defense. I think his domestic violence history including all the PHOTOS should have been admitted in this case with proper foundation. However, after reading through the reports, documents and transcripts, I had to change my mind. I think he deserved at least one good old southern ass whipping after each and every " beating but not as many as he should have had when he was being raised. We're he my son, his papa would have ensured he had more respect for ALL females, not just toward his mother. He was a FLAKE at the very LEAST when he decided to stop paying child support for his own daughter. Not to mention lying to the court in claiming the "I don't have an income" excuse. Had she not taken the action she did that final day, he should have had to serve time for contempt over the lie, a hefty fine and all arrearages before getting out of jail. To be continued.....
Black widow perhaps

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2015
Now as far as Ms. Alabama who is so flippant in all video and pictures, including her 48 hrs episode. Considering the damning evidence presented against her.... She was her own worst enemy. 1). If she REALLY thought of herself as being a victim of domestic violence, she'd never go provoke him as she did. She must have a shitty cell phone camera that couldn't zoom for a picture opportunity to nail him for lying to the judge regarding his job status. Her reason? MONEY. 2). The first mistake though was placing a call to his life insurace company the day BEFOREHAND! Didn't she know they tape conversations? 3.) calling for the life insurance to report the "Guess what y'all?).{Giggles } "he's dead now, when is the dead goose gonna expell that big ole fat check to little old me? Don't pay no mind that I'Mcharged with murdering him, now I was the victim of cruel and unusual punishment and ain't nobody gonna EVER gonna convict me". Again, recorded. She ought to be blonde.... Both occasions again for MONEY. 4.). With holding visitation with his daughter which is the same as holding your child for ransom AKA MONEY!!

The deceased's mother would have really had my sympathy until she had to go all white trash on TV and call the mother of her young granddaughter a Bitch. I can imagine the poor child she's now raising being subjected to constant insults about her mommy killing her daddy. Not to mention being ripped apart from her only other closest bello relative......her big brother. I wonder where Tracey's parents are at. Why couldn't her parents raise both together with visitation for his parents? We're they ashamed to speak about their daughter?

Yes, in the end I must agree with his mom. She really did hunt him down that day. And what was her excuse? MONEY!!!
Black widow perhaps

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2015
And one final thought. She was her worst enemy in many ways but to refuse a lesser being sure she was going to be found innocent in a case where she really did shoot was was most likely a running man, stupid. Again, too flippant. Her attorney really didn't do very well. He should have talked it over with her privately and advised her sternly. But in the end, I'm sure she's appealed and upon the judge doing the attorneys job and actually saying on record that it was not a murder case, it was a manslaughter case, she'll get a new trial. On one reason or another. If she had been found not guilty, she would have been a little richer. Had she plead to the lesser, she wouldn't have gotten a cent. Why did she refuse the lesser? For the .....MONEY!!!!!!!
Black widow perhaps

United States

#5 Nov 9, 2015
I promise y'all, I'll try to end my thoughts on this case. But.... If the deceased had been a black man, she would have walked free and a tiny bit richer. Stupid planning and arrogant. I'm surprised she didn't get charged for and convicted of PREMEDITATED murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alabama football Oct 21 Curious 1
Hunter Grissom Oct 16 Justice 1
How Do You Feel About Judge Moore's Refusal To ... (Feb '15) Oct 1 victor 69
Venmo @Christina-Powell-10 Sep '16 Christina 1
Clay Hinson Sep '16 Big Booty 1
News Alabama funeral planned for journalist George C... Aug '16 okimar 1
News Viral video: Chattanooga dog takes tricks to th... Jul '16 Knock off purse s... 7

Northport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northport Mortgages