Infant scalded, mother arrested

Jul 15, 2008 Full story: Alabama Live

A nine-month-old boy is recovering from severe burns after police in Tuscaloosa said the child was deliberately scalded in hot water.

Full Story
jjamie

Montgomery, AL

#1 Jul 15, 2008
jail for life!
ayla

Atmore, AL

#2 Apr 16, 2012
Well I was scalded with hot water off the stove when I was 18 mos old and my dad accused my mom of doing it deliberately, but I was tall enough to reach the pot handle it I pulled it off on myself. All my life, my mom told me over and over to turn the pot handles inward, especially if there's little children around. I know my mom didn't do that to me, it grieved her to her soul that it happened. Turned out, I had keloid scars from it that covered my left arm (I'm 42 and still have the scars), but she used to have to take me in the tub and using a knife now, skim the top layers of the scars off nightly. She said she would just cry and cry while doing it. Now THAT'S what kind of mom I had! Never judge before you really know. Turned out my dad's heart was surely not in his marriage to my mom and he did many unloving things to her before he finally left her (but he still took us - knew it would hurt her). RIP MOM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 18 hr Centrist 242
Abortion doctors restrictions take root in South Aug 29 Ms_Julie 8
Why does Alabama continue to elect dishonest Se... Aug '14 Morbious 2
Heather McCulllar Jul '14 Leanna 2
Just needed some opinions Jul '14 Spell Check 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Give Him a Brain 84
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
•••
•••
•••

Northport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Northport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE