- Finance Director Bill Kabler was fired (finally) last week. No one is saying why and sources are in the dark at this time.
* One can speculate if Northlake will now find out where the stolen $100,000.00 from June of 2011 went to.
* Kabler was, in my opinion, a snake. He was the "Hi, how are you? Let me stick this knife up your a$$" kind of person. I know, I felt the knife a few times thanks to him.
- The Chicago Tribune reported that Wolf-Ridge Condos had about 20 vacancies?? Last I heard they had about 25% occupancy. Interesting.
* They neglected to mention the cities purchase of Rhodes Manor Apartments and changing the name to Creekside Manor. Another waste of tax payer money to go along the numerous lots around town that are sitting empty after being purchased by the city (just look at Roy and Armitage).
- The city failed to recognize Patriot Day on September 11 by NOT lowering the United States Flags to half staff as called for in the presidential proclamation issued by President Obama. The proclamation has been issued ever since 2008 when President George Bush issued it. So, it is not like this was something new.
* I sent the city an email and Mayor Sherwin said "Thank you for pointing it out. We'll make a note of it for next year".
* I am positive every first responder and the family members of the victims are thankful you will "make a note of it for next year."
* Northlake's disrespect for the flag is nothing new, as all one needs to do is visit this YOUTUBE (
* Removal of the flag from the police uniform has been accomplished through intimidation by Chief Koletsos.
- Guess they are allowing churches to be operated out of houses in foreclosure with for sale signs in their yards.
* At least that is how it looks on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays at 236 E Fullerton (Cook County case# 2010-CH-33613).
* AND......AND.......A little birdie told me a fourth ward alderman may have (may have, not making an accusation) told the police to leave it alone