North metro officers allege corruptio...

North metro officers allege corruption in federal drug probe

There are 31 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Mar 23, 2010, titled North metro officers allege corruption in federal drug probe. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Two local police officers are filing a federal lawsuit, claiming high level supervisors in their departments are corrupt and further accuse their police chiefs of helping to cover it up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
skyknight42

Westminster, CO

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Looks like some police chiefs and/or city managers have some explaining to do.
swine

Louisville, CO

#2 Mar 23, 2010
This will be interesting how far they dig before they're told to stop.
Allan

Arvada, CO

#3 Mar 23, 2010
Yes it seems, corruption is rampant in Drug Enforcement .
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 23, 2010
what a surprise!
Sam

United States

#5 Mar 23, 2010
corrupt cops, say it ain't so.

some people say I only give cops heck because I got a ticket or the like.....ya want the real truth. I was a cop and saw the corruption first hand.
mea1234

Denver, CO

#6 Mar 23, 2010
Wow I know officer Joyce personally and I am very sorry to hear that he has had to endure this kind of pain. He is a Good Police officer as a matter of fact he was the one too show me that not all police officers are jerks and that there are officers who really do care. I would also like to thank him for helping me in my situation many years ago. God bless you Daniel Joyce.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2010
Officer Joyce, Officer Lopez:

If you guys are right, don't ease up on the bastards. Remember Frank Serpico! Good luck guys.

With greatest respect and admiration,

One of you...

Since: Mar 10

United States

#8 Mar 24, 2010
Politically Incorrect wrote:
Officer Joyce, Officer Lopez:
If you guys are right, don't ease up on the bastards. Remember Frank Serpico! Good luck guys.
With greatest respect and admiration,
One of you...
THINK ABOUT THIS FOR ONE SECOND

I am no cop and i have alot of respect for the honest cops out there, I can also see the NO WIN situation facing america and its LOSING battle against the war on drugs. Say your a cop in the worst of area's getting shot at everyday and getting threats sent home, then you realize its not all worth it, while you cant even make ends meet and your going to lose everything. I am not making excuses for the guilty and NO i dont think its right, but you have cartels out there throwing 100 of 1000's around at our local and DEA members for covering these crimes up and its happening more and more often. Im sorry but this is not going to work, we spend millions and millons every year and it only gets worse, how many more millions do we have to spend and how many lifes do we have to loss before we finally realize what we need to do?????????? YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

United States

#9 Mar 24, 2010
F@@K the police
FREE TANG
Down with the DEA
S@@ts beat here in america think ill go check out another country.
Propaganda to democracy is what torture is to a dictatorship.
Snooop

Denver, CO

#10 Mar 24, 2010
I was a cop with Thornton P.D. Doesn't surprise me a bit. They will set you up and chase you out if you don't "play the game". About time some of this came to the public's attention! Good riddance to the criminals with badges!
ADBIRDS com

Austin, TX

#11 Mar 24, 2010
My hat is off to those brave officers.
ADBIRDS com

Austin, TX

#12 Mar 24, 2010
Read the book; "Powderburns" by former DEA Agent Cele Castillo. Go to his website powderburns dot org for more details. It will make your skin crawl to know what happened. The book from chapter one is an amazing read.
Retired Star

United States

#13 Mar 24, 2010
A similar thing happened to me while I was a Deputy Sheriff in Albuqerque, NM. I arrested a pedophile(with 3 prior convictions)who had raped two 10 year old boys. Upon his arrest he tells me he's working for DEA as a CI. I got him downtown and all hell broke loose. The US attorney showed up threatened to put me in jail if I did not release him into their custody, then I discover my entire chain of command knew who I had been looking for 3 days prior to his arrest but did not tell me. They backed the DEA and the goal was to get him into the Witness protection program on the following Monday. We had to eventually serve a search warrant on our own department to reclaim our evidence that DEA and task force officers(my co-workers)took from us that night. I was subsequently suspended on trumped up charges and transferred out of the child abuse unit. To spite their attempted interference our suspect pled to life plus 18 and was the first "Three Strikes and You're Out" case in NM history. THis case go so big it was featured on ABC 20/20. You want the truth then everyone that reads this blog should read Deep Cover by Michael Levine. He is a retired DEA agent that tells it like it is and knows from an inside prospective that it's politics that drives this "war on drugs". Hang in there Officer Joyce and Officer Lopez. I would urge these officers to contact Michael Levine as well. He is a qualified expert witness in these cases. After what I personally experienced with these Feds I would be more than happy to help them out as well!!!

United States

#14 Mar 24, 2010
PS document document document. tape when you can!!!
Be very careful!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#15 Mar 24, 2010
Now let's go after the corrupt ICE officials who shirk their duties.
What The Heck

Denver, CO

#16 Mar 24, 2010
They don't sound any better than anyone else. I'm sure they want the $$ more than anything else so that makes them just as bad. Take it to the courts and not the media!

United States

#18 Mar 24, 2010
Customs,ICE,DEA,CIA, FBI they are all involved in protecting drug lords in Bolivia, Columbia and all the way into Mexico. The politicians are up to their elbows in helping protect them because they are getting RICH from it. Everyone in this country should be outraged by what is happening with so called "law enforcement" in this country. A retired DEA SAC told the producer on 20/20 of my story that if the public knew what went on outside their doors everyday, they would never come out of their homes. If anyone can put me in touch with these officers I'd love to share my experience with them and offer any help they may need.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 24, 2010
Angel Wings wrote:
This is police crime like they have back in NYC, Miami and Chicago.
The police agencies involved are closing ranks and keeping their mouths shut. What's next? Murder to maintain their code of silence!
This marijuana issue and the money it generates is causing more and more crime and corruption.
I wonder what politicians are involved as well?
Right on!. Legalize MJ. Tax it, package it, regulate it, profit from it. Stop spending $$$ investigating, prosecuting, incarcerating.
What The Heck

Denver, CO

#20 Mar 24, 2010
Too bad this outweighs everything good the depts and task force has ever done. We shouldn't be judging it all on the crap two people have brought to the media. Sounds to me like maybe they are the trouble makers.

United States

#21 Mar 24, 2010
Some of you just don't get it. When NOONE in your department will listen, sometimes the media is your only choice to shed light on corruption. Noone WANTS media attention. It's stressful and it will change your life but sometimes there in no other alternative. I don't think for a second these guys are trouble makers. I think they are doing the right thing and standing up for what they believe in.
Read Deep Cover..it will open your eyes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northglenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 48 min Truth 45,088
News 8 arrested in alleged Arvada kidnapping, assault 1 hr weanniedog 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr tbird19482 27,175
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 12 hr INKSC 708
News Governor, Denver mayor welcome dozens of new re... 19 hr @Real Kelly 4
News Denver area cheaters exposed in Ashley Madison ... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Marci 3
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... (May '15) May '15 dminor 1

Northglenn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northglenn Mortgages