City of Northglenn Endorsing a privat...

City of Northglenn Endorsing a private Company SLWA?

Posted in the Northglenn Forum

Tim B

Arvada, CO

#1 Aug 5, 2012
By now all of us in Adams county have received letters with our citys LOGO from service line warranties of america.The PRIVATE company that offers to help pay sewerline repairs..
The city of northglenn is not a private entity and should not lend or sell its name to whomever it wants without the knowledge and approval of its residents...it is a city that is supposed to be governed by the people."I feel duped" I felt like the city of northglenn was endorsing this company and that if something went wrong then northglenn would be there to help their citizens....The city gave a private company an advantage over its competitors via the city managers signature for usage of the citys logo on thousands of letters sent to us TAX payers....I wounder what the sell out was?
How much money did the city receive for this?...I wonder if the city is getting a kick back on work performed?....
Bob

Arvada, CO

#2 Aug 5, 2012
I had no idea about this.We thought SLWA was backed by our city.
Lindsy

Arvada, CO

#3 Aug 5, 2012
SLWA is a Scam!.Do not buy into there program.My Husband and I had nothing but problems with them back in Texas and there not backed by the City.You can get records on what SLWA gave the City for the rights to use there logo.BEWARE is all We can say.Good luck!
Lindsy and Joe Cooper
HOTtotrot

Arvada, CO

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Our city got almost 50,000 as a kick back.You can find out what your city received from there website.
great topic,you should complain to your board members for the usage of there logo's..
Gene Wieneke

Arvada, CO

#5 Aug 6, 2012
The city council told the company that it did not want any money. The company (SLW) was told to lower the price to all residents in the alternative.

The company obtained an endorsement from the National League of Cities. We endorsed them after reviewing the proposed contact and exceptions that would go into the contracts with the residents. There are several companies offering similar programs with exceptions that are disadvantageous to the home owner. Some are using similar initials in their solicitations.

Considering the high cost of replacing a sewer line and the low cost of the program, we joined with SLW in the solicitation. That is why there were two logos on the envelops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northglenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Respect71 60,709
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Respect71 30,618
Time to Chill it's 4/20!! 10 hr Native Landlord 1
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds (Jun '15) 11 hr Ding 3
Damascus will fall, America will be invaded, Wa... 23 hr BraveHeart 1
COLORADO the NEW CALIFORNIA Thu the way it was 6
Abortion is Wrong Wed Cry for help 1

Northglenn Jobs

Personal Finance

Northglenn Mortgages