Shoppers surprised to find no one wor...

Shoppers surprised to find no one working

There are 75 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 3, 2007, titled Shoppers surprised to find no one working. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Police say some shoppers at the Dollar Tree called police Monday evening after discovering there were not any employees in the store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GSXR Chick

United States

#88 Sep 5, 2007
Johnny Rotten wrote:
<quoted text>
At least our bowling alleys and quickie marts are safe right haha
Oh, and you forgot subways :)
Johnny Rotten

Denver, CO

#89 Sep 5, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I was leaving something out
steve

Denver, CO

#90 Sep 5, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
you should stop picking on the klan capital of colorado
GSXR Chick

United States

#91 Sep 5, 2007
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
you should stop picking on the klan capital of colorado
He started it :)
GMAN

Omaha, NE

#92 Sep 5, 2007
Sorry, but my snot does not live in Littleton.. my ISP does. I live in unincorporated Adams County on a 5 acre ranch with a private airstrip nearby. It's nice & quiet up here! I'd be moe specific but there are crazies out on the net, ya know!

:-)
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I cant argue with snotty Littleton residents, you KNOW it all.
GSXR Chick

United States

#93 Sep 5, 2007
GMAN wrote:
Sorry, but my snot does not live in Littleton.. my ISP does. I live in unincorporated Adams County on a 5 acre ranch with a private airstrip nearby. It's nice & quiet up here! I'd be moe specific but there are crazies out on the net, ya know!
<quoted text>
Teehee...I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, seeing that mine is Littleton at work and at home it's Denver...:) And you probably already gave out a little too much info.

I was just giving you a hard time....everyone has their opinions and if that is what you think of my town then that's okay, I won't hold it against you...especially since it's movie night at your place this weekend!

Since: Aug 07

Greeley, CO

#94 Sep 5, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, I was wondering that myself...well unless they have no other bills.
Why is that so hard to believe? Unless you are an idiot and had no $$ to put down on it, then you certainly should not be purchasing such an expensive home.$80K is nothing to sneeze at and a $300K home should be no more than $1500/mo.$80K will give you $6000/mo. Who can't live on that??
GSXR Chick

United States

#95 Sep 6, 2007
Maybe-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that so hard to believe? Unless you are an idiot and had no $$ to put down on it, then you certainly should not be purchasing such an expensive home.$80K is nothing to sneeze at and a $300K home should be no more than $1500/mo.$80K will give you $6000/mo. Who can't live on that??
Not everyone has money to put down on a house...that is the point, if you have bills (which most people have car payments, credit cards etc), you most likely can't afford $300k house with no money down...and if you haven't noticed brokers/banks were putting thousands of people in homes they couldn't afford with ARMs and other funky loans, and they are now being forclosed on.
Johnny Rotten

Denver, CO

#96 Sep 6, 2007
GMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we can respect you then
Creep

Denver, CO

#97 Sep 6, 2007
NT

Greeley, CO

#98 Sep 6, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone has money to put down on a house...that is the point, if you have bills (which most people have car payments, credit cards etc), you most likely can't afford $300k house with no money down...and if you haven't noticed brokers/banks were putting thousands of people in homes they couldn't afford with ARMs and other funky loans, and they are now being forclosed on.
Yes, I have noticed and like I had previously posted, only an idiot buys a $300K house with no money down. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy it! That goes for anything, house, car, boat, a pack of smokes. It isn't the banks and brokers that get people into trouble with money...it's people who get themselves into trouble.
GSXR Chick

United States

#99 Sep 7, 2007
Maybe-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have noticed and like I had previously posted, only an idiot buys a $300K house with no money down. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy it! That goes for anything, house, car, boat, a pack of smokes. It isn't the banks and brokers that get people into trouble with money...it's people who get themselves into trouble.
Then I guess there must be thousands of idiots out there....

Greeley, CO

#100 Sep 8, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess there must be thousands of idiots out there....
You said it!
UGH

Ault, CO

#101 Sep 10, 2007
Maybe-- wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it!
I'm an "idiot" who had no money down, but used my savings and a great broker, to get myself a very nice house WITHIN OUR BUDGET, get a 2nd mortgate (instead of mortgage insurance) and use our savings to pay the closing costs and get ourselves a 30 year fixed rate that we know we can afford for the rest of our lives. We also have life insurance if something happens to one of us.

You don't have to have money down to buy a house, although of course it helps. You just have to have some brains and idea of what you can afford. Please don't assume.
GSXR Chick

United States

#102 Sep 10, 2007
UGH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an "idiot" who had no money down, but used my savings and a great broker, to get myself a very nice house WITHIN OUR BUDGET, get a 2nd mortgate (instead of mortgage insurance) and use our savings to pay the closing costs and get ourselves a 30 year fixed rate that we know we can afford for the rest of our lives. We also have life insurance if something happens to one of us.
You don't have to have money down to buy a house, although of course it helps. You just have to have some brains and idea of what you can afford. Please don't assume.
We were talking about people getting into loans they can't afford. I am also one of those 'idiots' that had a great broker and put no money down and did a 80/20 but it was on a home I could afford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northglenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Respect71 26,250
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 43,055
Nicole Dubois Savage Thu OIAC 3
Looking for Robert Mendoza Wed Sanje 9
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Dec 6 job 214
News Denver area cheaters exposed in Ashley Madison ... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Marci 3
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... (May '15) May '15 dminor 1

Northglenn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northglenn Mortgages