Details about Capitol gunman emerging

Details about Capitol gunman emerging

There are 11 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Details about Capitol gunman emerging. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The day after the fatal shooting of a gunman at the state Capitol, details about who he was and the life he lived are slow to unfold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

weeeeeee

Brighton, CO

#1 Jul 17, 2007
This is realy sad. But you got to be strong
SLAP WHITE

Englewood, CO

#2 Jul 17, 2007
OH WHAT A NICE WHITE MAN HE WAS. TO BAD HE WAS IN SUCH A BAD MOOD.AND WENT fU.... CRAZY LIKE EVENTUALLY THEY ALL DO...
John

Monroe, LA

#3 Jul 17, 2007
Hello, Tobie? Next time a guy comes in, carrying a gun and a knife, to be fitted for a tuxedo, sweating profusely, saying that he is the emperor, and his reign starts as soon as he leaves your store???? You might want to contact the police right away, instead of waiting almost an hour.

“I don't get it....”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 17, 2007
John wrote:
Hello, Tobie? Next time a guy comes in, carrying a gun and a knife, to be fitted for a tuxedo, sweating profusely, saying that he is the emperor, and his reign starts as soon as he leaves your store???? You might want to contact the police right away, instead of waiting almost an hour.
or at least long enough to make commission.
skids

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 17, 2007
Maybe they should install MENTAL detectors...
Rra

Broomfield, CO

#6 Jul 17, 2007
See this is a very sad story that could have easily been prevented. WHY is it SO IMPOSSIBLE to get people help that need it for mental illness. That has to change. WHAT ELSE HAS TO HAPPEN BEFORE WE GET THESE PEOPLE HELP??? They can not keep a job,which means no insurance...so now what??? They are left to be a danger to people around them or themselves. How sad this is.
Grim Reader

Fort Collins, CO

#7 Jul 17, 2007
Shouldn't that read "mental detectors?"
I suppose this one was on some kind of prescription "anti-depressant," too. When are they going to quit prescribing these "Murder Drugs?" We aren't safe as long as the mental health industry handles sick people with drugs that make them worse. They need medical care first, and a safe refuge from society second. Poor man, poor society.
Bette

Bayfield, CO

#8 Jul 17, 2007
skids wrote:
Maybe they should install MENTAL detectors...
You aren't even close to funny and obviously have no empathy or knowledge of people who have different issues than you.
Bette

Bayfield, CO

#9 Jul 17, 2007
This would probably never have happened if the state of Colorado had ADEQUATE funding for public mental health services, including medication services, case management, active in-home follow-up, community residential programs, and vocational/educational/trainin g services. Colorado ranks near the bottom in providing funding for these critical services.

“I don't get it....”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 17, 2007
Bette wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even close to funny and obviously have no empathy or knowledge of people who have different issues than you.
Bette.. ummm go look in a mirror.
Gombah the wonder Dummy

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2007
It is a statistical certainty that things like this will sometimes happen not matter what you do to prevent it. You can only do your best to treat people with mental illnesses before they become a danger to themselves or others. It sounds liek the system faile dto do that here.

It sounds like this man was more of a danger to himself than anyone else. I didn't read that he actually threatened anyone. He was shot for failing to disarm. I think years ago LEO didn't kill people for that. They just disarmed them. Is there a loss of courage there, or is it just a different policy?
Bette wrote:
This would probably never have happened if the state of Colorado had ADEQUATE funding for public mental health services, including medication services, case management, active in-home follow-up, community residential programs, and vocational/educational/trainin g services. Colorado ranks near the bottom in providing funding for these critical services.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northglenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rep. Buck Wants To STOP Settlement Of Sexual Mi... 2 hr surfeagle 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr June VanDerMark 58,411
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 19 hr factcheck 30,203
Clear Lake Jr High 21 hr Schmedley T Troll 1
Islamic Cake Bakery Call 22 hr Schmedley T Troll 1
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 22 hr Princess Hey 4,283
News Denver area cheaters exposed in Ashley Madison ... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Marci 3

Northglenn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northglenn Mortgages