Family of man killed in 3-vehicle cra...

Family of man killed in 3-vehicle crash: 'he put others before ...

There are 15 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Family of man killed in 3-vehicle crash: 'he put others before .... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" The family of a Thornton man killed Tuesday after a driver, running from police ran a red light, says he was a "dedicated man who only wanted the best for his family." Police say Brian Gleason, 49, was killed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Sad but true

Littleton, CO

#1 Aug 3, 2007
Such a waste. The criminal scum are never the ones that die in these incidents.

Vehicular homicide is a joke. Antwan will probably serve 3-6 years in jail.....a pittance for taking a life as recklessly as if he had shot Gleason with the gun in his car.

I hope Antwan gets reamed up the rear daily during his brief stay behind bars.
Matt F

Denver, CO

#2 Aug 3, 2007
To the Gleason family, my thoughts and prayers of comfort and peace...It saddens me every time, more and more, when some PAROLEE/EX-CONVICT is out among the populace conducting themselves in the same manner, over and over...When will the common wealth say 'Enough!'...When will the common wealth stand up and demand that the rights of the majority supersede the rights of the minority...Mr. Gatlin's second, or more likely third or fourth, chance has resulted in the loss of an innocent man's life....
Rodney King

Littleton, CO

#3 Aug 3, 2007
It's true that Antwan deserves a murder charge for this crime, but the cops share some responsibility as well.

“Seedy Red head”

Since: Apr 07

D-Town BayBe

#4 Aug 3, 2007
To the Gleason family, I am so sorry for your lost. Your husband/father sounds like truly amazing person. God bless you all.
Montana

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Aug 3, 2007
Rodney King wrote:
It's true that Antwan deserves a murder charge for this crime, but the cops share some responsibility as well.
Mr King, you seem to always have a negative comment about law enforcement in these articles. You must have been arrested for something and felt you were in the right. Give them a break. They do the best they can.

“fish on!”

Since: Jul 07

Bayard Nebraska

#6 Aug 3, 2007
Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr King, you seem to always have a negative comment about law enforcement in these articles. You must have been arrested for something and felt you were in the right. Give them a break. They do the best they can.
I would guess that Mr King has been arrested numerous times. Never the criminals fault to some, and these are the kinds of guys that should spend much more time behind bars, not in Society.
Betty

United States

#7 Aug 3, 2007
Rodney King wrote:
Yes of course they were there pushing the car on and making this itiot go faster! It was the guy who choose to get into a car, with a gun, he should NOT have had on him, along with the drugs. He goes over to a old girlfriend, who wants nothing to do with him and she calles the police, they come to check him out he runs and the police follow but fall back, he runs faster and killes a man who had nothing to do with anything this ITIOT. It was all the ITIOTS fault I hope they fry his a$$. He thinks of no one but himself, but most ITIOT crook,do.
great story

Littleton, CO

#8 Aug 3, 2007
Rodney King wrote:
actually the cops stopped the pursuit and the accident had happened like 5 minutes later. That is why the cops stopped the chase so that wouldnt happen but the gentleman kept going.
Sally Chasen

Auburn Hills, MI

#9 Aug 3, 2007
Members of the Gleason family should have the oppertunity, to ram and T-bone the side of a car carrying that SCUM Antwan.
Shark

Denver, CO

#10 Aug 3, 2007
Matt F wrote:
To the Gleason family, my thoughts and prayers of comfort and peace...It saddens me every time, more and more, when some PAROLEE/EX-CONVICT is out among the populace conducting themselves in the same manner, over and over...When will the common wealth say 'Enough!'...When will the common wealth stand up and demand that the rights of the majority supersede the rights of the minority...Mr. Gatlin's second, or more likely third or fourth, chance has resulted in the loss of an innocent man's life....
I agree with you. As to "when will we demand that the rights of the majority supersede the rights of the minority...", probably never. I contact my representatives, congressmen, etc. IF I get a reply, it is too often condescending or "double-speak". They probably think I am a "thorn in their side". I don't contribute large sums to their political coffer so they couldn't care less about what I and other voters think. They certainly don't represent me nor most of their constituents and the same applies to most judges. Since I'm on a roll, I would like to see the parole boards scrutinized as to their decisions.
Boone

Denver, CO

#12 Aug 3, 2007
Although it saddens me, that someone lost a husband, a father, a friend and or a coworker. It sounds like he lead a productive and happy life and God smiled upon him. Although he is gone his purpose in life must have been fulfilled. There will always be Antwans out there, They will always want more but won't work for it.And will do whatever it takes to get something for nothing. Antwan is not the story here and we can't use him as the example.What we need to use Brian as the rule. The police did their job and sadly it ended with a great individual losing his life. Stories can't always end up the way we want, where the bad guy is the one that gets what he deserves. Lets not give Antwan any more media. Lets concentrate on Brian and his family. My prayers go out to all.
Ya gotta be kinding me

Littleton, CO

#13 Aug 3, 2007
Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
This is sarcasm! Don't you know who Rodney King is? That vitriolic scumbag which instigated the LA riots back in the early-mid 90's. He's the one with the quote 'Can't we all get along?'
Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee. It's a perfect JOKE considering our pathetic judicial system which will more than likely let the bum go after a couple years.

Since: Mar 07

Boulder

#14 Aug 4, 2007
King did not instigate that riot...that was the fault of the Police in that "particular" incident. Don't be stupid. Rodney King was and most likely still is a loser of some kind, but he did not start that riot. LA Police and the Chief of Police, Bill Gates wanted a riot.
Basketballllllll

Greeley, CO

#15 Aug 4, 2007
We are sooooo.... sorry about your lose!!!!!!
Family Friend

Modesto, CA

#16 Aug 4, 2007
As a friend of the Gleason family I feel it important to say that while they are in absolute devastation over the loss of Brian they have expressed the gratitude in the fact that they had him for the time that they did. Please remember that this man leaves behind young children - who are internet savvy - it is so important to do as Boone so wisely has stated... let's concentrate on Brian and his LIFE! Brian led a life that was 100% family oriented - he was an amazing husband, father, friend, co-worker and an upstanding example of what it means to be responsible. How these two worlds have collided is beyond me... we are all deeply saddened. The family he has left behind now needs prayer and focus. Because of the circumstances surrounding Brians death they will now forever be a topic of controversial matters such as police chases.. and so forth.. let's try to remember - that at the heart of all of this discussion is an amazing woman that is left to parent her children alone... please visit the website at www.hgmakelim.com and if nothing else.... rather than speak hatred for the man that did this... send words of love and encouragment to the family left behind.... it takes less energy for you to be loving than it does to be hateful - and I can guarantee you, Brian would have wanted it that way...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northglenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 37 min Respect71 21,235
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 30,737
News Jewish settlers, Palestinians clash in West Bank (Feb '13) 11 hr Sean O 28
Entertainment Violence Comes to Denver Conventi... 12 hr Keith 21
The female orgasm is it a myth? does it exist? 13 hr Tashan 13
woman do you ever get ideas of getting it from ... 13 hr Tashan 7
Broncos Suck 13 hr Peter R 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northglenn Mortgages