After cruel beating, victim lives in ...

After cruel beating, victim lives in terror

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 17, 2008, titled After cruel beating, victim lives in terror. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Letters come from as far away as Maine. They offer of tickets to Vikings and Packers games, Some have donations toward medical bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Jaywalking”

Since: Oct 08

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Oct 18, 2008
Nice wrote:
Hey Dakota County, 3rd degree assault??? Give me a flip'n break. How about Attempted Homicide? How about the fear of death or great bodily harm? Are you trying to convince the public that this poor kid will not suffer permanent physical and mental problems for the rest of his life? Give me a break and grow some grapes!
<quoted text>
If convicted on the 7 felonies, the three misdemeanors will have no effect on the sentence.

Based on the complaint, this guy will be doing 20 years minimum.

“Jaywalking”

Since: Oct 08

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Oct 18, 2008
An Old Man wrote:
Society needs to punish these purps. Jail time is horrible enough. Do we need to stoop to their level by wanting them beaten to death or to have them killed by the state? Is society declining so much that we thrill in the harm publicly given to others? There would be nothing tragic for the five to be put away for decades. Killing them would make me complicit in an act I find to be slow torture.
I made no mention of beating them to death or killing them. Death would be too easy. I want these "defendants" to experience each day and night of their sentences.

I want them to wake up each morning, eat the same gruel, watch for attacks, shower with care, and never have a moment's peace. I want them to go to bed thinking of what could happen to them when they wake. After all, they earned it.
change things

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Oct 18, 2008
Instead of giving out sports tickets, why don't they reform the public schools and actually punish bullies for a change before they reach their 20s and are let loose into society. How much you want to bet at least one of these fine, upstanding psychos were known to be bullies and/or the guy who took pleasure in destroying weaker kids' self esteem in high school but was never reprimanded by a a staff member.
Matter of Fact

De Forest, WI

#31 Oct 18, 2008
Were these kids raised by single parent mothers?
Disgusted

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Oct 18, 2008
Matter of Fact wrote:
Being raised by a single parent - mother - has nothing to do with this. Get a clue!
kat

United States

#33 Oct 18, 2008
Matter of Fact wrote:
Were you? You seem to be a woman hater.
kat

United States

#34 Oct 18, 2008
And I agree with Disgusted, it has no place here. Back to topic...
Buttomfly

Middleton, WI

#35 Oct 18, 2008
Nice wrote:
Hey Dakota County, 3rd degree assault??? Give me a flip'n break. How about Attempted Homicide? How about the fear of death or great bodily harm? Are you trying to convince the public that this poor kid will not suffer permanent physical and mental problems for the rest of his life? Give me a break and grow some grapes!
<quoted text>
Third degree assault? Don't blame Dakota County..blame the legislators who decide the statutes for these charges. In the other story, a guy had a gun, never fired it, got shot himself and he is charged with second degree assault. Beat someone within an inch of their life and get third degree. This is our messed up justice system again at work. At least they are holding the girl accountable. Another case similar, the girl was never even charged, even though she was the reason the kids were out looking for a rapist(who also was given a free pass).

I hope they are at least equitable and destroy the lives of their families for just being related as they have to others in the past. I am all for justice when people are guilty but lets at least make it a fair system. If we had legislators that were worthy of their positions rather than the sleaze bags presently in office, maybe that would be possible.

I pray that the young man who already had challenges to overcome will manage to deal with this and realize that hopefully these demented souls will receive thier just punishment.
different era

Barron, WI

#36 Oct 19, 2008
Matter of Fact wrote:
they wern't raised by anyone under the definitions I grew up with. The parents would have had a share of blame back in the day,
Kirby Puckett

Richmond, CA

#37 Oct 19, 2008
Matter of Fact wrote:
I bet they were. Some lazy ass chick that only knows how to sleep till noon and stay out all night drinking up the child support money and welfare. Living in section 8 housing with a bunch of other Who ores. Yes it is a stereo type but don't most of them fit? haha Especially in MN where the welfare benefits are so much "better". It is real and it happens, I saw it.

These animals were not raised by leave it to beavers parents.
Nice

United States

#38 Oct 19, 2008
Who cares about the misdemeanors, 20 years will get ya about 13-15, 30 years sounds a little better.
Jaywalking wrote:
<quoted text>
If convicted on the 7 felonies, the three misdemeanors will have no effect on the sentence.
Based on the complaint, this guy will be doing 20 years minimum.
Blah Blah

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Oct 19, 2008
kat wrote:
And I agree with Disgusted, it has no place here. Back to topic...
Where is the photo of the 16 yo slag B I C H that started this WHOLE thing??????
arlene

Wannaska, MN

#41 Oct 19, 2008
the girl should be tried as a adult, she is old enough to know better at 16, i helped my mother take care of my grandma. my grandchildren all have jobs at restarants or stores. maybe she should have been busy doing something worthwhile.
Diogenes Searching

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Oct 19, 2008
Conviction of a hate crime against a vulnerable adult and kidnapping should cook these ignorant excuses for humanity; however...

One thing. Never never assume the horror of this crime has anything to do with automatic justice.

The family MUST to be certain they get good attorneys. I hope some of the better prosecutorial legal minds step up to the pro bono plate here.

A liberal judge could turn this into second tragedy if these vermin get off with a reduced sentence.
Good Grief

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Oct 20, 2008
Please people read the allegations against theses men on the Dakota county web site. It is public information. There was no dragging behind a vehicle.. There were no sexual favors. The situation seems to be ugly enough in the reading without this constant changing in this mothers story and her countless lies. How would she know the sexual bit? It isnt in the papers and her son only has the mind of a child right? Why was he alone and how would he know this stuff? Justin is quite known by many in the town. He isnt as Mentally ill as mom wants all to think. He too had a myspace page. PLEASE lets just all stick to the truth as sick as it is. Slander is a bad bad thing too.
Buttomfly

Middleton, WI

#46 Oct 21, 2008
While the end result was tragic to be sure, there seems to be some of the story missing here. What was this 16 year old girl doing with a 20 something mentally challenged man? If they had been seeing each other, who decided that she was lying about the abuse? Since he has the mental capability of a lesser age group, who was leading whom? How much did she tell these guys about what had gone on to evoke such anger towards Justin Hamilton. It would seem there was already some friction brewing from Justins family about her spending time with him. How did they get him out of the house if there were 5 people living there. After the first night how did they manage to get him out the second night after he obviously had been hurt the first night. His mother said the roommates were watching out for him. Did none of them see him after the first night? A lot of gaps in this story...with a tragic result.
rik

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Oct 27, 2008
I spent some time in jail and let me assure all of you everyday they will be horrably reminded of what they did to a disabled man and they will one day realize how wrong what they did was
joanne

Lakeville, MN

#49 Oct 27, 2008
How about this Halloween everyone go out trick or treating and have a bag to collect money for Justin to use as needed......Pleasure or medical or counseling....I can't stop praying for you Justin - how brave you are!- You are my hero! Buddy - you made it! WOW! Send the money to:
Wells Fargo Bank
For the benefit of Justin Charles Hamilton
11817 Duluth Avenue S.E.
Prior Lake, Minnesota 55372

God bless you Justin! We all think you are amazingly strong! Peace to you!

Let's go out and send some help to Justin!
thats amore

Hastings, MN

#50 Mar 18, 2010
Buttomfly wrote:
While the end result was tragic to be sure, there seems to be some of the story missing here. What was this 16 year old girl doing with a 20 something mentally challenged man? If they had been seeing each other, who decided that she was lying about the abuse? Since he has the mental capability of a lesser age group, who was leading whom? How much did she tell these guys about what had gone on to evoke such anger towards Justin Hamilton. It would seem there was already some friction brewing from Justins family about her spending time with him. How did they get him out of the house if there were 5 people living there. After the first night how did they manage to get him out the second night after he obviously had been hurt the first night. His mother said the roommates were watching out for him. Did none of them see him after the first night? A lot of gaps in this story...with a tragic result.
Thank You! I agree with you! How was it that he was able to go home and get the games and gaming system without anyone seeing him. You would think that he would be bloody with his clothes ripped when he came home. Also, they (the girl and Hamilton) were seen down town together before they picked him up the second time, if he was that scared of them and knowing what they did to him the night before, why did he get into the truck with them AGAIN? Even if they were being nice to him, he show have know they will hurt him.
Anonymous

Lakeville, MN

#51 Apr 24, 2010
I can add to this story, though, I wish to remain anonymous. I was dating this girl...just days before this happened, and had broken up the day before. I haven't stepped forward, but I do believe her to be innocent (call me crazy, but I know her better than anybody involved in the court case). I have many reasons to believe this too. For one, she called me the first night it happened, and told me they got jumped and were stranded in the rain and that Justin was bleeding and needed to get to a hospital, but I was at work and wasn't able to help. All the news stories say that these two met just days before it happened, and I can prove that completely wrong. The three of us had been hanging out all summer, and they would talk about past experiences going 2-3 years back. I think somewhere in all of this, somebody's been lying in court.

I don't believe she moved on to having a new boyfriend just overnight, and I feel that there's a lot more to the story than what has been fed to the courts and the press. During all this, I have had zero contact with Justin or Tasha, so I really can't support more than what I have said here.

Now, to the above poster, the reason nobody in the household may not have noticed anything is because Justin lives in the basement, enters the house through the back doors, and rarely talks to any others living there.

Just so many holes, and I have been feeling slightly guilty not coming out to the police with valuable information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foster my cat? Aug '16 Maya 1
News All religions are needed to better human existence (Feb '16) Feb '16 jinxi 2
Participate in Transportation Focus Group! Earn... (May '15) May '15 NorthfieldTranspo... 1
Northfield Wifi (Jul '10) May '15 know something 14
News Minneapolis / Officers on leave as part of fede... (Apr '08) Jan '15 Raaayzor 18
Mr. Sannes, Principal, Sibley Elementary (Nov '14) Nov '14 Concerned Parent 1
Review: CMH Trucking (Oct '14) Oct '14 Lawlesstrucker 1

Northfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northfield Mortgages