City howling over coyotes

Jan 21, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Telegram & Gazette

“I didn't know what it was. Then it got up and stretched, and it was huge. I couldn't believe how big it was”

City health officials have issued a "coyote alert" in response to roughly two dozen sightings of the animals here during the last six weeks, including some near the heart of downtown. via Telegram & Gazette

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 30, 2012
LmG

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

I was letting my dog out into the yard early in the morning and i happened to spot one creeping up in the next yard. Got my dog in in time but it scared me pretty good.
Siiru

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Judged:

Was letting my dog out at 1AM, I was real sleepy when i suddenly hear howling and running and a whole pack of them runs by, thank GOD, noticing my dog. I scooped up my husky and just ran inside as quick as i could
Sean

Emerson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Judged:

Coyotes are back in Hyde Park! Careful when you go for a walk with or without your pets.
Sammy_Jdog_Matri xman_Ralf

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

Well we went on a late night walk headind towrds Curry College. Our trip was ok until we had realized that Curry College was closed. On our way back we encountered what we thought was a dog but till we realized it's puffy tail, which was coyote. So we ran home when he thought every thing was ok with one minute to get our home we encountered another one so we ran back towrds Curry College. Then we went to a nice lady's house which luckly gave us a ride home, and told us how dangerous it was around Milton,and Canton, even in the dark, and even in the MORNING!!(It was at that time about 6:00pm) BE CAREFUL NOT TO ENCOUNTER A COYOTE AROUND MILTON,AND CANTON!!!!!
tony

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

I see them lil fuckers.everyday in georgetown,hyde park,ma
canton resident

Canton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

I drive to work on Canton Ave in Milton at 4:30am everyday and see a coyote about 3 out of the 5 days im on that street, every week. I use to see deer that often going to work but in the last couple of months, its coyotes im trying not to hit.
Claire McCarthy

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Just back home at 1:00AM from Tufts Emergency room in Walpole,after a coyote attempted to eat our cat who is an indoor cat and got out my accident. He was traumitized but not injured because we scared it away on time. We live on Beacon St in Hyde Park. They are spotted every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North-Weymouth Discussions

Search the North-Weymouth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas Goulet 17 hr Banned 1
Hotels in Boston 21 hr Maggie 1
Comm. Ave. redesign lacks adequate plans for bikes Tue reality is a crutch 1
Billy Bulger library naming draws ire Tue reality bites 2
The Mayor's Office of Arts + Culture and the Bo... Mon whatisyourneed 1
Mattapan Man Arrested In Chinatown Shooting Tha... Aug 17 reality is a crutch 1
News Media Hiding New Beford Ocean Wind Port Fi... Aug 17 Jack Kelly 1
•••
•••