Police seek 3 in home-invasion slayin...

Police seek 3 in home-invasion slaying in Montco

There are 33 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Police seek 3 in home-invasion slaying in Montco. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Police believe three people broke into an upscale suburban Philadelphia home and fatally stabbed a man inside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Viet Vet

Northampton, PA

#1 Jan 9, 2009
"They may have left in a dark-colored sport utility vehicle, which was seen leaving the year."
This sport utility must be in warp speed to "leave (leaving) the year. Yes MC at its very best. Its to bad you went to allentown schools.
paranoid

Fallston, MD

#2 Jan 9, 2009
i saw the choppers this am over wawa on 202. totally an inside job.
lightbulb

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2009
They did not have to kill that man, they must have just wanted to!
So just because they wanted to, I wonder how much time they'll get. Look what happens when you have no life! You just take someone elses. They're not even worth the name I want to call them!
Zot

Lansdale, PA

#4 Jan 9, 2009
"At some point during the event, the wife fled the home through a basement door," the news release said. "The two actors who had gone to the safe came back downstairs and discovered the wife was not around" and they fled through the basement door."

Actors? I thought they were Killers?

MC, you should have never fired your copy editors. The paper is filled with grammar mistakes everyday. It's embarassing!
Wow

Schnecksville, PA

#5 Jan 9, 2009
The article quotes a news release.
Zot wrote:
MC, you should have never fired your copy editors. The paper is filled with grammar mistakes everyday. It's embarassing!
lightbulb

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2009
Maybe the actors/killers should apply since they need jobs. lol Too late for that, now they just need cells!
uuhhh

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 9, 2009
Viet Vet wrote:
"They may have left in a dark-colored sport utility vehicle, which was seen leaving the year."
This sport utility must be in warp speed to "leave (leaving) the year. Yes MC at its very best. Its to bad you went to allentown schools.
I've seen worse on CNN.com
what a shame

Bronx, NY

#8 Jan 9, 2009
Viet Vet wrote:
Yeah and its TOO bad u can't spell either. Where did u go to school huh? I think they forgot to teach you proper grammar, since it is "TOO" bad not "TO" Bad u fool! hahaha

I went to Allen and my education is better than yours! haha
Kidding i hope

Whitehall, PA

#9 Jan 9, 2009
so the mother just left her kids with those animals? real nice mother....
whoaaaaaaaa

United States

#10 Jan 9, 2009

hhahaha what?!!!
Barry the Billary Guy

Emmaus, PA

#11 Jan 9, 2009
Kidding i hope wrote:
So how do you expect her to do anything for them since she was apparently unarmed. When are the good law abiding sheeple going to learn that when seconds count the police are minutes away. When are the sheeple going to start standing up for themselves. Buy a gun, learn how to use it then carry it all the time. It's not that hard. After a while you feel undressed without it.
uuhhh

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 9, 2009
Kidding i hope wrote:
the nature of self-preservation.
Hmm

Easton, PA

#13 Jan 9, 2009
Look in the capital building.

“Go O's!”

Since: Dec 07

Reading, PA

#14 Jan 9, 2009
What business did this man have?

Bank robberies and home invasions seem to be on a sharply increasing plane.

“Go O's!”

Since: Dec 07

Reading, PA

#15 Jan 9, 2009
Never mind... I re-read the article...
wow

Doylestown, PA

#17 Jan 9, 2009
Kidding i hope wrote:
I can't imagine leaving my children in a house with burglars. Maybe she had them hide in a really good spot. Very tough situation.
me too

Whitehall, PA

#18 Jan 9, 2009
Kidding i hope wrote:
How about SO SHE COULD GO GET HELP!!!! What did you expect her to do by herself to help the kids when she saw they stabbed her husband? They would have just killed her, and then the kids. Running for help is the smart thing to do. And it worked too didn't it? SMARTEN UP instead of acting holier than thou! Why sit around doing nothing instead of getting help. Plus, they were adult kids the article said. Geez, talk about ignorant!
dan the man

Catasauqua, PA

#19 Jan 9, 2009
Zot wrote:
"At some point during the event, the wife fled the home through a basement door," the news release said. "The two actors who had gone to the safe came back downstairs and discovered the wife was not around" and they fled through the basement door."
In the law enforcement world they use the term "actor" as one in the same as suspect/subject. You are thinking as in TV or in a movie....!!
And yet

Lansdale, PA

#20 Jan 9, 2009
Kidding i hope wrote:
Did you READ the Article?

THREE Men break in and kill her husband, and take HER and the ADULT Children to the basement.(though if this is the area I think the garage is under the home so she and her kids probably went down to see what was going on and were not taken to the basement)

Then TWO take HER upstairs and ONE stays Down to Guard the Adult Children.

She opened the safe and then I assume that they told her to return to the basement and did not actually accompany her there so she took her chance and ran. Probably thought it was the best to at least TRY to get help before the scum killed them ALL.
from the story wrote:
"The two actors who had gone to the safe came back downstairs and discovered the wife was not around"
How is that for stupid criminals....

when do we get a better description?
And yet

Lansdale, PA

#21 Jan 9, 2009
The Reporter has much more info
http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/200...
Police discovered the body of the 58-year-old man, bound by duct tape, in his garage Friday morning.
According to information presented at a press conference on Friday in Montgomery Township, three black males burst through a garage door at the home as it was being opened between 5 and 6 a.m.
Robert and Janice Chae were preparing to leave for work, according to authorities.
The suspects, reportedly carrying guns, stole an undisclosed amount of money from a safe and other items before fleeing around 6 a.m. in a dark-colored SUV, according to Steele.
They were heading toward DeKalb Pike, Steele said.
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious is asked to contact the Montgomery Township Detective Bureau .
A knife was discovered at the scene, and early indications suggest the suspects had been casing the house, Steele said.
“Most home invasions are not random,” Steele said.“For three people to be in this suburban neighborhood when a garage door opens is very unlikely.”
Steele said Robert Chae was killed after being wrapped in duct tape.
According to officials, after the men assaulted Robert Chae, they took Janice Chae and two adult children to the basement, where they were all bound with duct tape.
While one suspect watched the adult children, two other intruders questioned Janice Chae about any money in the house, officials said.
Eventually, Janice Chae led them to a safe, which she opened, officials said.
The suspects fled the house from a basement door after realizing Janice Chae had escaped, according to authorities. She ran to a neighbor, who called 9-1-1 at 6 a.m., authorities said
Pam Lambert, who lives at 141 Gwynmont Drive, said Janice Chae frantically knocked on her door between 6 and 6:05 a.m.
“She kept saying,‘My husband, my husband,’” Lambert said.
The Chaes, owners of the Penn Center Beauty Supply at 3 West Penn Square, Philadelphia, left for work every weekday at 5 a.m., according to Lambert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Nov 28 Herman levin 108
Do you go BRALESS? (WOMEN ONLY PLS.) Sep '16 Jan 2
adult world (Jun '11) Sep '16 submarine 11
Mary jane (Jan '16) Sep '16 Scotty BenWa 3
noxious smell (Jul '12) Aug '16 Sindy 10
News Fischer's Park to host Holiday Lights Festival (Apr '09) Aug '16 Stephen Young 13
News Lansdale police want man in connection with bea... (Sep '07) Jul '16 ntownboogie 35

North Wales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Wales Mortgages