Retired Police Officer Facing Charges In Fatal Hit & Run

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Local

A former Allegheny County police officer is now facing charges in connection with a deadly hit-and-run accident early Wednesday morning in McKeesport.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Unbiased

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

uh huh

Normalville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
He's stuck on naming animals..... But isn't certain if she was lying down or jumped in front of him! 320 pounds! They didn't tell him her weight before questioning.
I hear you. Either way it sounds preposterous. What's next? Maybe being distracted changing the radio station, he thought a bug bounced off the windshield,,,,,in January. He'll walk. They take care of their own.
Give it to Judy

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. Either way it sounds preposterous. What's next? Maybe being distracted changing the radio station, he thought a bug bounced off the windshield,,,,,in January. He'll walk. They take care of their own.
The setup to help him walk started already. The scene cannot be reconstructed. It's hard to escape the weight issue laying down in the road. 320 pounds laying down bounced off the bumper into the bushes! She jumped in front of him, but he never checked to see what he hit. He was blind to notice a 320 pound woman jumping out in front of his jeep! If only judge Judy could hear the case.
15 minutes of probation

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Any cop knows to leave the scene of a hit and run with booze on their breath. That way you can't be charged with any serious crimes. I'm sure he has enough information gleaned from his years on the force to secure an adequate judgment. 15 minutes probation, case dismissed.

My heart goes out to the woman and her family. There's no justice in McKeesport. Sadly, this woman is not the first person, nor will she be the last.
Thats true

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

15 minutes of probation wrote:
<quoted text>
Any cop knows to leave the scene of a hit and run with booze on their breath. That way you can't be charged with any serious crimes. I'm sure he has enough information gleaned from his years on the force to secure an adequate judgment. 15 minutes probation, case dismissed.
My heart goes out to the woman and her family. There's no justice in McKeesport. Sadly, this woman is not the first person, nor will she be the last.
DUI is not taken seriously as the commercials imply. He went through the 1st offense program already in 2009.
WHOCARES

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Your pap left the scene of a very very serious accident. Three beers in eleven hourss? Likely after hitting this poor woman (not on purpose) he went home to sleep it off, so a DUI wouldn't be attached to everything else. If I hit a large pothole, or anything- anything, in the street or elsewhere- bet your butt i am going to stop. Common sense tells you to stop and at least look at what you may have just did to your car- right?
Another troubling part of this....Last night on KDKA TV- they were interviewing a woman from the Country Corral who said they, the bar patrons, were watching tv in the bar when the news came on, and they broadcast this story and identified Timotthy as the suspect and he was sitting there in the bar! He still had the nerve to go to a bar afterwards????????
Real issues here. Face them
Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Noone deserves this type of slander. I wont hit anyone. Im jusy upset and mad that you people talk this mad shit...com'on now..i am his granndaughter and proud of it. What yinz wanna hate mem?? Go ahead! Join the club:)) but noone needs to hate my pap. Look, you werent there..you dont know everything..you know whats been said. Its easy to repeat something you heard..can't you just let it go. Bc of you people on here I got chest pains.:/
beers in eleven hours? Likely went home to sleep it off
Yoda

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Who would drink in that place anyway?. It looks like the bar scene fron star wars.What a bunch of freaks.
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

The autopsy,forencic evidence,and damage to the vehicle should be able to determine how she was hit, unless its another cover-up because he had been a cop. Dont't forget the "Code of Silence" among police officers to protect each other. How can we ever forget the beating of Rodney King by 8 police officers. How can someone not know that they hit a 5'9" tall, 320 pound human being? Of course, he knew the law and how he could get away with having less serious charges filed against him for killing this poor woman. According to newspaper reports no blood-alcohol tests were taken
because too many hours had passed from the time of the accident to when it was determined he was the person who hit her. No one would want to be in the position he is in and it is sad, but drinking and driving don't mix.
New Innocent Reader

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Let he who hasn't gone through a "hit and run" phase in their life throw the first stone. That's right, McK....I hear crickets chirping. I would go further and discuss the pot calling the kettle black but that would probably trigger a Sluggo Klan Rally.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Destiny wrote:
For anyone that has rude or any kind of comments other then nice...should be punched! How would you feel if this was you?! Always put yourself in the situation first before you speak. You wouldnt like it to much if people said that about you!
If it were me, I'd have stopped the damn car if I thought I hit ANYTHING, whether it be a person, a dog or cat, or a cardboard box. WTF, stop making excuses. He is is doubly wrong because he was a police officer and is supposed to uphold the law and be responsible and HONEST. An HONEST person would have come forward as soon as they became aware that a human being was killed, not waited until the cops busted them. An HONEST person would have felt terribly guilty, and not been partying in a BAR when their face was on a TV screen. You can call it an accident all you want; I call it MURDER.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Yoda wrote:
Who would drink in that place anyway?. It looks like the bar scene fron star wars.What a bunch of freaks.
Dirt-ball dive.
Obtuse Entertainment

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Gentle Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirt-ball dive.

Hog mentality governs those who are addicted to these dens of entertainment. All three beers in over 11 hours included.
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

My wife & I were watching the news this morning on WPXI, and they reported that this murderer was NOT being charged with this poor woman's death. We both heard it, and I pray they mis reported it. They said he was being charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving death/injury, and something else. I forgot the something else.

This piece of garbage sounds like an alkie to me. Back to the bar after this happened?? What kind of a person would have the nerve to do that? He feels terrible about it? NO- he feels terrible that he got caught. Throw the book at him

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Wow. That's sad. If that were you or I, we'd be toast.
Dump

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>What do you plan on hitting him???!
Yeah, that's what I intend to do???? The reason why people are talking about him is because he hit a person and killed her and then left the scene. What if that was grandfather who was hit? He should be put away until your family cleans up that house on Kansas, which means he'll be in there for life. Your spelling is like that house, garbage!!
Bad Omen 4 Bad Guy

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Dump wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I intend to do???? The reason why people are talking about him is because he hit a person and killed her and then left the scene. What if that was grandfather who was hit? He should be put away until your family cleans up that house on Kansas, which means he'll be in there for life. Your spelling is like that house, garbage!!
White Oak officials have tried ever way to enforce their code ordinances. I heard he always takes them to court and uses a public defender. He is a disgrace to this White Oak neighborhood. He is as irresponsible with his premises as he is with his 4:00 am driving skills.

I hope they sling the book at him.
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

He is charged with being "involved in an accident causing death or injury" and graded only as a "Felony 3", Plus "careless driving" which is only a "Summary Offense". He is on a "$100,000 unsecured bond, which means he did not have to put any money or collateral" out for it, basically only a "promise". He should be charged with "leaving the scene of an accident" but he wasn't, wreckless driving but he wasn't, and vehicular homicide but he wasn't(all more serious offenses". But don't forget he had been a "COP".

This case clearly shows the corruption and the double standard in the Allegheny County Criminal Justice system-and it is "criminal".
Insider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

This guy belongs in the Port.... Where is this bar at
PA Law

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

White Oak Lady wrote:
He is charged with being "involved in an accident causing death or injury" and graded only as a "Felony 3", Plus "careless driving" which is only a "Summary Offense". He is on a "$100,000 unsecured bond, which means he did not have to put any money or collateral" out for it, basically only a "promise". He should be charged with "leaving the scene of an accident" but he wasn't, wreckless driving but he wasn't, and vehicular homicide but he wasn't(all more serious offenses". But don't forget he had been a "COP".
This case clearly shows the corruption and the double standard in the Allegheny County Criminal Justice system-and it is "criminal".
I'm sure that his having been a cop made a difference in how they spoke to him or perhaps treated him at the county jail, but i don't think it had bearing on the charges that were filed.

There are nuances in driving laws and much of it pertains to intent. Vehicular homicide typically is charged when the driver is engaged in violation of other laws/ordinances. IF he was nabbed early enough to get a blood sample and IF he was found to be under the influence, they would have filed vehicular homicide.

But he fled the scene and wasn't found/questioned for 10 or more hours.

The same is true with reckless vs careless driving. Intent is everything. Was his behavior reckless (driving drunk) or just careless (falling asleep)?

Was she in the road or on the sidewalk? There are no witnesses and until the investigators can view any surveillance tapes to determine if he was speeding, running lights, etc. they seem to be filing the "slam dunk" charges only for now.

There are no statute of limitations for filing the more serious charges. Give them time to forensically examine the car, the crash site, skid marks (if any) and don't be surprised when additional charges are filed. Slow and steady wins the case.
rrm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

It was an accident and he left because he does know the law and the flaw it this law. An article was in the newspaper a few weeks before this happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Versailles Discussions

Search the North Versailles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) 47 min Korruption Kontinuity 488
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Prince Reinbus 51,235
'We're trying to make a comeback,' Mon Valley m... (May '13) Apr 1 Bobby 88
A Very Illicit Item Was a Happy Meal Secret Sid... Mar '14 Old Cynic sux 24
'I can't believe they haven't noticed it yet:' ... Mar '14 🙈 1
Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Mar '14 Steve the Mule 19
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
•••
•••
•••
•••

North Versailles Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North Versailles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance