Retired Police Officer Facing Charges In Fatal Hit & Run

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 58

A former Allegheny County police officer is now facing charges in connection with a deadly hit-and-run accident early Wednesday morning in McKeesport.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lauded

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Excellent job by the witnesses and police. He was laughing on his porch on the news.
Destiny

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Okay, first off...you dont know why he was laughing! So maybe you shouldnt make rude or smart comments. It was an accident!!
Destiny

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2013
For anyone that has rude or any kind of comments other then nice...should be punched! How would you feel if this was you?! Always put yourself in the situation first before you speak. You wouldnt like it to much if people said that about you!

Since: Jan 13

Sri Lanka

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Destiny wrote:
For anyone that has rude or any kind of comments other then nice...should be punched! How would you feel if this was you?! Always put yourself in the situation first before you speak. You wouldnt like it to much if people said that about you!
hi
Jackie

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Destiny wrote:
I'm not a drunk, never be me. Tell us where you live and well see who you can try to punch? I suspect your a coward who made up the name, probably not even female. Supporting drunk drivers is your problem. If you have to put yourself in. The drunk drivers shoes? I'm glad he's caught and he deserves all that happens to him! You missed all the others users upset about the drunk driver.
New and positive

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Jemzeeth wrote:
<quoted text>
hi
Jemzeeth
Comments: 1

Hi
Christian

Wexford, PA

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Destiny wrote:
Okay, first off...you dont know why he was laughing! So maybe you shouldnt make rude or smart comments. It was an accident!!
If it was an accident or not makes not difference, he didn't stop and that resulted in a death of someone who could have lived had he followed the law. He knew he hit something being as he lost parts of his jeep, there is no excuse.....period!
John Q

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Of course he was laughing.. I was too! It is funny.
Stupid Q

New York, NY

#9 Jan 18, 2013
This guy, officer whoever he is needs to goto jail. How can you hit someone then leave. That's balls with a badge.
Diaper Co

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jan 18, 2013
New and positive wrote:
<quoted text>
Jemzeeth
Comments: 1
Hi
Destiny and this one were added by the BTR guy pretending to be a Ben. Two peons mad at a neighbor. Just a couple of upset babies.

They retort to nasty actions when they don't get their way. Ones a big bald baby. He's been on here posting crap for about three years. Ever since he moved in that tiny Sheriff sale house daddy bought.
bria

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Destiny wrote:
Actually he was laughing on the news. Everyone seen it. "hey I just ran someone down and left them to die, but cool, I'm on TV" It doesn't matter if it was an accident or not. He knew and addmitted to hitting "something" and, he also admitted to being in the bar all day. All on the news, and quoted from him. The fact that he didn't stop...well, that's just murder.
Ben Dover

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Jan 18, 2013
He will make a nice girlfriend for someone.
Yeah Right

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Jan 18, 2013
WPXI has the affidavit:

According to the affidavit, Allegheny County police were contacted by McKeesport police after they received an anonymous tip from someone who reported a neighbor arriving home early in the morning with front-end damage to his car.
When police arrived at Tatters' home, investigators said they found damage on the right, front-end fender flare of his Jeep Cherokee.
According to the affidavit, Tatters told police "he knew they would be coming."
Tatters said he originally thought he hit a dog and then later realized it may have been a deer.
The medical examiner said he found hair samples on the car.
Tatters said he was at the Country Corral Bar from 2:30 p.m. Tuesday until 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Tatters told police he was there because his ex-daughter-in-law was training as a new bartender. The affidavit said Tatters admitted to having three beers before driving home.

“Whether he was a steel worker, an engineer or a dentist, we’re still going to do everything as we normally do,” Schurman said.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/woman-kil...
Now In Jail

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Kept him in jail forever.
Let out

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Now In Jail wrote:
Kept him in jail forever.
He's out for now
Jail Time

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Let out wrote:
<quoted text>
He's out for now
Too bad!
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a drunk, never be me. Tell us where you live and well see who you can try to punch? I suspect your a coward who made up the name, probably not even female. Supporting drunk drivers is your problem. If you have to put yourself in. The drunk drivers shoes? I'm glad he's caught and he deserves all that happens to him! You missed all the others users upset about the drunk driver.
Im not saying where I live! Umm google me. My name is actually destiny! Obvisially...i am a female! And I aint gna listen to your mouth and damn straight if I hear someone talking about this I will hit them! You would do the same if it was your family! Wow. Your glad hes caught?! How can you say that?! It was an accident. Im sorry your life is so sad that you have to talk shit. just bc he had 3 beers doesnt mean, he was drunk! Kk.:) bye.
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text> If it was an accident or not makes not difference, he didn't stop and that resulted in a death of someone who could have lived had he followed the law. He knew he hit something being as he lost parts of his jeep, there is no excuse.....period!
Period?! Well, guess what your life must be pathetic that you have to come on jere and talk shit.....no offense!
Destiny

Mckeesport, PA

#22 Jan 18, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
He will make a nice girlfriend for someone.
Ummm. No he wouldnt! Maybe you secretly want to be someones girlfriend. If you knew him, you would not say this! He is a wonderful guy. He would give you his shirt off his own bak! Never would he hurt anyone!
tina

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Jan 18, 2013
Ty desi they dnt need to tlk about him.he is a very gteat guy n our family n a man that we love!!!!n u kno as well as me since im ur mom hes a very loved person .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We need a new Magistrate (May '14) Fri victim of scotty 9
Young woman imprisoned for abducting baby dies Dec 21 moe 1
$12M Duquesne flyover ramp under construction, ... (May '08) Dec 19 larry 5
Wal-Mart greeter, 72, punched in face (Dec '09) Dec 19 larry 31
Versailles Boro Mayor Tries To Veto Police Vote (Mar '09) Dec 16 pot smoker 9
Senior care at Home (Mar '13) Dec 10 Calvin James 3
Turtle Creek is a NAZI police state Dec 10 NAZI police state 1
More from around the web

North Versailles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE