Duquesne man shot to death in McKeesport

Duquesne man shot to death in McKeesport

There are 84 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Jul 1, 2012, titled Duquesne man shot to death in McKeesport. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

A Duquesne man who was shot outside of a home on Craig Street in McKeesport early this morning has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nothing Different

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Same equation:

A young person

Not from McKeesport

Killed in McKeesport

Happened when he should be sleeping

We must lead the nation in crimes of this nature for a city with a population of 18,000
fly on the wall

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jul 1, 2012
Nothing Different wrote:
Same equation:
A young person
Not from McKeesport
Killed in McKeesport
Happened when he should be sleeping
We must lead the nation in crimes of this nature for a city with a population of 18,000
He was from McKeesport. Mom moved him to Duquense a couple of years ago to get away from the violence. I guess it didn't work. He was always a nice young man. Not enough role models. The violence has to stop. Come on mayor, he was one of your 5th graders. Gifted and respectful. Stop talking about it and do something.
The Way It Is

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Jul 1, 2012
fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text> He was from McKeesport. Mom moved him to Duquense a couple of years ago to get away from the violence. I guess it didn't work. He was always a nice young man. Not enough role models. The violence has to stop. Come on mayor, he was one of your 5th graders. Gifted and respectful. Stop talking about it and do something.
I question if this mayor had a enough politial seasoning to hanlde sad situations like this?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Let's not blame the new Mayor. The problem with vioence in the City we love has been allowed to fester for years before he took over. I commend Mayor Mike for making a stand against violence the Primary plank in his platform and have seen actions on his part to address the issue.

More needs done.

From him.

From Council.

From the Police.

But most importantly....

From us.

RIP Chauncey.

I coached this young man.

He could have been anything he wanted.

I loved him like a son.

I was working at my new place just two days ago and he stopped by to say hello to Coach Paul....

As always he had that huge smile, a kind word and those piercing eyes of his that I will never forget....

Wasted talent. There is nothing worse in this world than wasted talent. We will never know how great a man and a Father Chauncey would have been....

I am not a man that cries easily. The last time I really cried that I can remember was when my own Father passed back in 1982.

Today I cry.

For Chauncey and for all of the youth of McKeesport that have left this world too soon.

My deepest condolences to C Will's family. You had a fine Son and Brother. He repsresented you all well.

I will miss this young man like no other who's life has been cut short far to soon in McKeesport.

This HAS to stop!

It will take all of us acting on it and not just being sad and giving the problem lip service.

Chauncey, I will see you in the next life young man.

If nothing else, let's hope your senseless death will unite the many who loved you to finally do something about the crime and violence amongst our youth in McKeesport and all of the Valley.

In that way, you will have not died completely in vain.

May God be with you.

~ Coach Paul
John Q

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Another Boys club Alumn and Little Pitt Bull getting caught up in the drug trade in the Port... Imagine that. He may have started out a good kid... but messing with the wrong people turns into good and dead in this town. Read what Mr. Shelly said.. he is 100% right. The Mayor is doing his part to clean this up... it has to come from the community itself.. and this community is not interested in cleaning itself up... it is only interested in living off the guberment and the drug trade that goes on. Especially in that hood. Craig St... wow... another one down... and just a year out of HS. What does that say for the Port when someone's mother moves to DUQUESNE to escape... seriously... DUQUESNE a better option?
Welcome Back Slugster

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Your post #4 provided insight and condolences. It was a classy and considerate post. I share you condolences.

We welcome you back with your always level headed comments.

Slugster do you have any idea why he was on the streets at 4:00 am? That does not bode well for the testimony you shared. Where did he go astray?
Simple Solution

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Jul 2, 2012
One way to stop almost all of this senseless crime and death is to stay off the streets in the Port when the sun goes down.

What part of this does a youngster not understand? Stay out of harms way and you will be fine in most cases.
White lightning

Westland, MI

#8 Jul 2, 2012
Don't blame the mayor? Get real he ignores and accepts the criminal activity in his own administration. How can he be expected to help here. He has blinders on. Everyone knows which higher up individuals in the city rank and file including all departments have crossed over to the darker side. Even the news couldnt hide it. What happened at the bp. OOPS....
Mayor aint do it

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Jul 2, 2012
In a previous post of the slightly amiss Mr. Shelly he states "Lets not blame the Mayor" now correct me if I'm wrong, but unless our mayor was on Craig st. at 4 am shooting a gun at another fine young black man that just happened to be in the wrong place again at the wrong time why would we even think to blame the Mayor? Who fired the gun? Could we begin to think maybe just maybe it was another fine young man that you coached that as you say could have been anything he wanted to be.
Hush Hush Sweet WL

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Jul 2, 2012
White lightning wrote:
Don't blame the mayor? Get real he ignores and accepts the criminal activity in his own administration. How can he be expected to help here. He has blinders on. Everyone knows which higher up individuals in the city rank and file including all departments have crossed over to the darker side. Even the news couldnt hide it. What happened at the bp. OOPS....
Hush, hush sweet White Lighting! You know too much and tease even more.

And, just what are you conjecturing or insinuating or teasing about with respect to the alleged insurance fraud at the BP?

The FBI indicted him -- case completed and on to court.
WOW

Jersey City, NJ

#11 Jul 2, 2012
It's unclear whether the shooter was aiming at Williams or someone else who was sitting on the porch with him around 4:15 a.m.

"We're having a hard time tracking down one of the persons who was on that porch," Schurman said. "He's somewhat uncooperative -- doesn't want to be found at the moment."
-Channel 4 News

Nice family and/or friend?? It is sad if the victim was shot and wasn't the target but it goes to show you his support system around him may not be so innocent. Cowards!
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#12 Jul 3, 2012
98 percent of that cesspool of a city needs a bulldozer run thru it a really big one smash the place flat and start over........................
Dumb Found it

Dover, DE

#13 Jul 3, 2012
WOW wrote:
It's unclear whether the shooter was aiming at Williams or someone else who was sitting on the porch with him around 4:15 a.m.
"We're having a hard time tracking down one of the persons who was on that porch," Schurman said. "He's somewhat uncooperative -- doesn't want to be found at the moment."
-Channel 4 News
Nice family and/or friend?? It is sad if the victim was shot and wasn't the target but it goes to show you his support system around him may not be so innocent. Cowards!
Interesting!!! Well, considering the the report says he was struck several times, if the shooter wasn't aiming at him than that town has a bigger problem on its hands....
Mum Is The Word

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Jul 4, 2012
WOW wrote:
It's unclear whether the shooter was aiming at Williams or someone else who was sitting on the porch with him around 4:15 a.m.
The issue is clear. Why was he in the Port at 4:00 am if he lived in Duquense?
mk taxpayer

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jul 4, 2012
I feel very badly for the family of this young guy but, HELLO Are these kids not given the most opportunities, education (CORNELL, MCK FRANCIS MCClure, etc) and all they do is drop out, drop test scores, get diagnosed with ADD so their 'babies daddies momma' get more money from public assistance Yes Mayor Mike is trying and I commend him for it But he needs to clean house!
spider man

West Mifflin, PA

#16 Jul 4, 2012
i woke up with an erection i had to milk it down to get some relief. it was throbbing so bad i thought id blow out that blue vein i shot several 2 foot ropes against the wall
I am with stupid

Dravosburg, PA

#17 Jul 4, 2012
Mum Is The Word wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is clear. Why was he in the Port at 4:00 am if he lived in Duquense?
He was at his father's house? Duh!!!
Mad

United States

#18 Jul 11, 2012
At the end of the day good or bad he still was a kid i cnt stand ppl with negative energy talkn dwn on the dead him god and the gun man only knows what happen and crime is every where so its hard to escape ijs but my prayers go out to his whole fam..
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Jul 11, 2012
The newspaper said he moved to Duquesne so that he could play football for East Allegheny. Too little too late, but, this is a blatant WPIAL violation. Also, why don't the media ask the family the pointed questions? "Ma'am, why was your young son out so late?". "Ma'am, where did your son work?" If he was home and not roaming the streets - his ass would be alive. Also, the shooting near Pirl & Versailles the other day.... How did Andre Sims pay for, and afford a Dodge Charger? He must have had a fantastic job. What time was that one? Hmmmm
fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text> He was from McKeesport. Mom moved him to Duquense a couple of years ago to get away from the violence. I guess it didn't work. He was always a nice young man. Not enough role models. The violence has to stop. Come on mayor, he was one of your 5th graders. Gifted and respectful. Stop talking about it and do something.
Ashley Lane

Danville, PA

#20 Jul 15, 2012
Eddie wrote:
The newspaper said he moved to Duquesne so that he could play football for East Allegheny. Too little too late, but, this is a blatant WPIAL violation. Also, why don't the media ask the family the pointed questions? "Ma'am, why was your young son out so late?". "Ma'am, where did your son work?" If he was home and not roaming the streets - his ass would be alive. Also, the shooting near Pirl & Versailles the other day.... How did Andre Sims pay for, and afford a Dodge Charger? He must have had a fantastic job. What time was that one? Hmmmm
<quoted text>
How did Andre Sims afford a Dodge Charger? Simple- He works full time and has Parent(s) and family members that support him. He was responsible and hard working and as many teenagers and young adults can relate to , he wanted it more than anything else. SO HE GOT IT! Go to Yahoo Autos right now sir and value that automobile. This is not a $35000 vehicle we are talking about. It was a USED car that he worked hard to get only to be fatally shot behind the wheel. I understand your frustration with violence and I agree it needs to stop but what do you expect to get out of this finger pointing at the victim? Ill wait

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'I can't believe they haven't noticed it yet:' ... (Mar '14) Nov 7 Killary Klinton 3
News Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Nov 1 clb 28
mikey t's bar Oct 27 democommie 15
Usta luv dem Oct '17 Half baked option 1
Time to get rid of the chief (Jan '17) Sep '17 MelissaAnn 4
News Woman sentenced in grant scam (Jul '07) Aug '17 jadedg17 6
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 Swamp Inhabitant ... 16

North Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Versailles Mortgages