Pennsylvania audit of North Versaille...

Pennsylvania audit of North Versailles urged

There are 4 comments on the Pittsburgh Tribune story from Jun 30, 2009, titled Pennsylvania audit of North Versailles urged. In it, Pittsburgh Tribune reports that:

A state legislator on Monday asked for an audit of North Versailles records in response to receiving dozens of calls from residents concerned about the township's finances.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Tribune.

concerned citizen

Hermitage, PA

#1 Jun 30, 2009
It would be in the best interest of the residents of North Versailles Twp. to take the time and go to the Township building and look at the desk of the Twp. secretary. No wonder residents are being double billed for refuse. I have never seen a desk in such disarray with no organization whatsoever. It is a disservice to the residents for the commissioners to allow the secretary to operate in this manner. Hire a competent employee who can bill correctly. There was no computer glitch, just negligence on the part of the employees and Commissioners.
The audit earlier this year listed an employee leaving a $1000.00 on her desk while at lunch break. This is the same employee who cannot find her desk due to being covered in bills, junk, etc. Also take a look under the desk, just as bad.
Disgusted

Bethel Park, PA

#2 Jun 30, 2009
The right people need to be hired and everyone working for the township needs to be held accountable for their area of responsibility. Each elected official, appointed official and employee has a duty to the citizens and taxpayers of North Versailles to carry out the duties of their respective position being cost-effective and ethical. The audit was just completed for 2007-what about 2008? We are 6 months into 2009-what shape is this year in? We have no idea. If someone is not doing their job, they should be removed or fired. I think it's time to look at the by-laws of the township and make changes. There needs to be new limits set on the terms of elected officials so that there is a constant change taking place to catch any fraud that may be occurring. There is a limit for the amount of years a person can be President of the United States-why not have limits in NV? Lastly, there needs to be better checks and balances in place to prevent the fraud from happening in the first place. We can only hope that the Auditor General is successful in identifying all of the weaknesses and enforcing changes.
had to move

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jul 14, 2009
The best thing anyone can do is to move away from North Versailles. The history of corruption there is never ending. By moving out, you sever their income. Nothing coming in, nothing to steal. It's the only thing you can do.
sonya

Vandergrift, PA

#4 Aug 30, 2009
I agree some one or a few are pocketing money..that is why we are moving ..the whole township is going bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is anyone running against District Judge Scott ... (Jan '15) Mar 15 Candyman 5
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Feb '17 TAG 12
News Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Feb '17 suzyhomemaker91205 25
News State court tells West Mifflin to seek other re... Jan '17 JGM 4
Time to get rid of the chief Jan '17 Citizen 1
News Ex-East McKeesport officer 'happy' with current... (Nov '08) Dec '16 Seesitall 6
Wamart Nov '16 Swamp Drainer 3

North Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Versailles Mortgages