Ex-East McKeesport officer 'happy' wi...

Ex-East McKeesport officer 'happy' with current positions

There are 6 comments on the The Daily News story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Ex-East McKeesport officer 'happy' with current positions. In it, The Daily News reports that:

Gary Martin is a happy man. "I am quite happy in North Versailles," the part-time township patrolman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News.

Belinda S

North Versailles, PA

#1 Nov 30, 2008
I have known Gary Martin for years and years.I knew him when he was on the East Mckeesport police force.He was always so extremly professionial and consiencious when he came to his job.he assisted through many difficulties.I will never believe that he left town and left the borough unattended on his own accord.I believe that he was ordered to transport those documents to Pgh.and then persecued for doing so.If this is not the case and the Chief knew that that the documents needed delivered then why did he not do it himself?Sorry but none of this ever washed with me.I am happy that Gary Martin aquiring good position once morefor he is truely deserving.
someone who knows

Hermitage, PA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
E. Mckeesport PD leave their town unattended on several occasions, what was so different about this time? I smell shananagans.......
anonymous

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Feb 27, 2009
I don't like East McKeesport cops any further than I can throw one of them....Ticket hungry thieves in my opinion.

Going back a ways.....around 2000......My wife was on her way home thru east mckeesport and one of these "professionals" pulled her over.

Not for speeding. Not for running a red light.

For having expired plate tags and inspection.

Ok, yeah that's illegal torun that way...but here are the details.

The car a brand new Chevy Malibu...1998 we bought in 1999....so about a year old.

We had just had our first child....we were still adapting to having both of us working, daycare pickups, etc. She had just left the daycare and this cop followed her a couple miles and then pulled her over.Way down on fifth avenue.

He kept her and my infant son pulled OUT OF THE CAR ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.....refused to let her go. She had to call "someone" and that "someone " was me...I was still at work, 45 minutes away.

The officer insisted he had to have the car impounded but that we could get the car back by going to the messenger service etc. I offered to run to the messenger service on my way home to avoid the tow....my wife needed the car foir her job the next day as did I need mine....but no, he said he had to tow it and that I had to come get my wife.

Now, this "gentleman" could have done a few things.....let her off with a warning? Offer to ride her and my baby boy home?

He did neither.

He waited with her as the tow truck came and took our brand new car while I left work early to come get her, and spend the next 2 hours getting this taken care of...the tow cost us $200!

It was obvious it was brand new and would have passed inspection just fine.....and we were just TWO DAYS past due on the tag sticker.

This cop could have been decent and seen it was a 30 year old lady with a brand new baby in a brand new car with inspection and tags that were JUST TWO DAYS past due and not some 16 year old punk in a piece of junk car and let her off with a warning or followed her home or something.

But no.

I tried to follow up with the East McKeesport PD, but the door was locked and none of my calls were returned.

We paid the tag, we paid the impound and tow and were out over $300 or so dollars.

All because this deputy Dan wannabe needed to make a quota for himself. I hope he is one of the eggheads that got let go over the years,....I HONESTLY do.

I have seen the E. Mckeesport cops tagging people all the time.......always at rush hour, always around route 30 and the ridiculous traffic lights they have there.

I wish they would dissolve the whole East McKeesport PD.

At least the N. Versailles guys will be reasonable and talk to you like a person.

Cops have dangerous jobs...I wouldnt want to do it and I thank them for the good they do do.

But to the jerks out there? GOOD RIDDANCE
I Agree

North Versailles, PA

#5 Feb 27, 2009
I also cannot stand E. Mckeesport. They pulled me over also with a newborn at 12am. I was meeting my husband in Eckerd parking lot after he had got off work because we only had on car at the time & his coworker was dropping him off.It was dark and raining & I didn't realize you could make a left turn from 30 onto 5th ave ext. So of course he pulled me over(my first ticket ever!). I was in the wrong, but it was an honest mistake. So he came up to my car with an instant attitude & shined his light in my sons car seat & ask what that was. I was young (19) so i guess he though i was up to no good. So I said "um....a baby". he acted all suspicous, but eventually just gave me the ticket and left. 5 years later the same cop pulled my husband over at my grandmothers funeral for tags that expired a month prior(yes, his dumb fault) in the funeral home parking lot with lights & sirens. My husband begged him to at least turn them off being a funeral was going on & we were upset enough, but he just got a cocky attitude. I'm all for the police, but some people shouldnt have a badge!!
Citizen

United States

#6 Monday Dec 26
This all relflections of supervision. They have none and what they do have is worthless. The chief himself is a smug worthless pos. No use in complaining to him because he is the one who tells his officers to act this way. Time to get rid of the chief and start to head this department in the right direction.
Seesitall

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Monday Dec 26
How else do you think that saturated section 8 infested piece of shit boro stays afloat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State court tells West Mifflin to seek other re... Wed JGM 4
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Wed JGM 11
Time to get rid of the chief Jan 4 Citizen 1
Wamart Nov '16 Swamp Drainer 3
"Pitcairn Mohawks" Valley Champs 1947 - footbal... (Jul '09) Oct '16 eric s 8
News Man drowns at Virginia Beach Oceanfront Oct '16 Hostethoss 1
duq police hard at work (Feb '15) Oct '16 bill 5

North Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance