Leukemia Patient Wants Seized Monkey ...

Leukemia Patient Wants Seized Monkey Returned

There are 1 comment on the Kdka.com story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Leukemia Patient Wants Seized Monkey Returned. In it, Kdka.com reports that:

A North Versailles family is fighting for the right to keep their pet monkey. The Govannucci family says Kira, a 10-year-old Pigtail Macaque, is like a child to them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kdka.com.

information

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 9, 2011
I hope this gets done right I wanted to make a comment about the story where they took a 10 year old monkey from Sam and his wife that had Leukemia, when do we or have we put a animal over a human life!!! I wanted to let everyone know that what was only 6 months to live was cut short I believe from the overwhelming feeling of having what they raised like a child for 10 years ripped from them! Amanda already stated she was having to take medication just to try to deal with the officials taking the monkey so I feel they knew it was effecting her at that time to where she was given medication. that story was on 6-16 well I dont know the date Amanda passed away but I know she has and it is 7-8-2011 today. I have seen animal control or police actually find away to make acceptions for elderly people to keep thier pets by providing food, shelter, or they volunteer to clean the home to make the enviroment better for the animal but I have heard a officer say you can not put a animal over a human life. and if taking someones animal would cause them such grief or pain or loss that they could either die or kill them self then you are not suppose to risk that human life. they never offered the family counseliing to deal with them ripping a 10 year lifelong pet from their family!! could there have been a temporary stay permit just for the 6 months to give them time to adjust to removing the pet?? or hey tell them where to buy a license for the monkey? it is obvious the conditon and health were ok if not they would have plastered that all over the news, and if there was a disease well they could have it already anyways. my thought is they could have required them to make arrangements to confine, restrict others from contact, vaccinated against disease if need be, etc. they could have made some requirements instead they did not care about a human life compared to a animal. and now Amanda has passed away. Not knowing what will come of her Monkey that was like a child to her. this was no family out of control with lots of rare pets, or a dirty house, or abusive people to animals. Because if so it would have been all over the news and maybe they never sought out to get a monkey maybe they came across it and rescued it. they never even gave them a chance to relocate it to another state there selves if that was a option they should have. I just want everyone to know what was 6 months was cut very short after they took her beloved pet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is anyone running against District Judge Scott ... (Jan '15) Mar 15 Candyman 5
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Feb '17 TAG 12
News Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Feb '17 suzyhomemaker91205 25
News State court tells West Mifflin to seek other re... Jan '17 JGM 4
Time to get rid of the chief Jan '17 Citizen 1
News Ex-East McKeesport officer 'happy' with current... (Nov '08) Dec '16 Seesitall 6
Wamart Nov '16 Swamp Drainer 3

North Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Versailles Mortgages