Wal-Mart greeter, 72, punched in face

Wal-Mart greeter, 72, punched in face

There are 31 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Wal-Mart greeter, 72, punched in face. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

A North Versailles man has been charged with assault after punching a 72-year-old Wal-Mart "greeter" in the face yesterday, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“~To thine own self be True~”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 6, 2009
The victim should file a Law Suite against the Man who punched him and assaulted him, Call Edgar Synerder !
Just sayin

Wexford, PA

#2 Dec 6, 2009
He should but you can't get blood from a piece of $**t stone.
angeleyes

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Dec 8, 2009
When I heard it on the new it made me NAUSEOUS!

For someone to do that to anyone, let alone an elderly person just simply trying to make ends meet is sickening.

At 72 he should have been enjoying his retirement, not checking peoples receipts and greeting them at wal-mart!

Just goes to show you the economy is crap and more and more people today have no morals.

These stores need to hire some real security (not that it will help poor Mr. Jenkins)..you'd be amazed at how many don't!
shadango

Cheswick, PA

#4 Dec 8, 2009
The scum who hit this 70 year old guy should have teh same done to him....except by someone his own size and age.

Instead I am sure he will get a fine and a slap on the wrist. THAT is whats wrong with our country.

This poor guy was just minding his own business. And even it the guy WAS doing something, he is 72 years old! What kind of a man would hit an elderly person? Answer: NOT a real man. Maybe the only people this scumbag can beat up are the elderly?
walmart

Greenford, OH

#5 Dec 15, 2009
some of them need punched in the face ... they want to harass you and check your receipt just so they feel important...funny thing is if you are going to stroll out stealing something wtf is an 80 year old frail ass man gonna do anyway ?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 15, 2009
no they check your receipt because millions are lost every year to theft you moron, and they are hired ot do it. Also,. youe stupid unneceesary language reveals the real problem .. a lack of respect for an 80 yr old man and more.

“To Each His Own....Opinion!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 16, 2009
walmart wrote:
some of them need punched in the face ... they want to harass you and check your receipt just so they feel important...funny thing is if you are going to stroll out stealing something wtf is an 80 year old frail ass man gonna do anyway ?
It's their JOB to check the receipts. I have heard of people walking out of there carrying sweepers...that place is notorious for being a haven for shoplifters, and all that does is make the prices go up for the people that are paying for their purchases. An 80 year old can call the store security or the police. They are nice old people and should not be punched in the face EVER. They don't harass people, they are polite! If you don't steal and have nothing to hide, it should not be an issue to show your receipt to a senior citizen.
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#8 Dec 16, 2009
some of these comments are from dumbass people.if u paid for your stuff show the man or woman you paid and be on your way.if not go the hell to jail for stealing .it is that simple.....
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#9 Dec 16, 2009
some frail ass man has 911 on speedial and wallmart has camaras everywhere.so whatever u are driving they will know before u get in the car.that is just my thoughts on the matter.by the way had i been there someone else would be missing teeth also.there is no way i would stand there and let that go.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Dec 16, 2009
wtf is an 80 year old frail ass man gonna do anyway
==========
Dumb-ass statement. How about some basic respect
for another person, something most of the low-life
welfare trash that shop there don't understand. These same people that want respect. For what ?
If you or your family has been on welfare for decades simply because it's easier to be a slave to the gov't. because you're too lazy & pitiful to do something productive for a living, PLEASE, tell us, what in the hell is there to respect ? Respect a leech or a two-legged parasite? Ain't happenin.
As far as the frail 80 year old man, there's a chance, as a WWII Vet, he has seen more shit & killed more people than a whole neighborhood of gangstas. Those old fellas might be packin & they got nothing to lose, they've lived their life. Too bad this old guy didn't put a '.45 slug dead into this scum-f#cks brain.' That I can respect.
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#11 Dec 17, 2009
you tell it like it is WL . maybe you should be chief of police.scratch maybe.

“~To thine own self be True~”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 17, 2009
White Lightning wrote:
wtf is an 80 year old frail ass man gonna do anyway
==========
Dumb-ass statement. How about some basic respect
for another person, something most of the low-life
welfare trash that shop there don't understand. These same people that want respect. For what ?
If you or your family has been on welfare for decades simply because it's easier to be a slave to the gov't. because you're too lazy & pitiful to do something productive for a living, PLEASE, tell us, what in the hell is there to respect ? Respect a leech or a two-legged parasite? Ain't happenin.
As far as the frail 80 year old man, there's a chance, as a WWII Vet, he has seen more shit & killed more people than a whole neighborhood of gangstas. Those old fellas might be packin & they got nothing to lose, they've lived their life. Too bad this old guy didn't put a '.45 slug dead into this scum-f#cks brain.' That I can respect.
With all due respects, WL, I feel your anger,rightfully so.
And yes, this person did indeed serve his country and fought for his,mine,yours and the person that assaulted him, freedom to be an American. And for what...? To be shocked in the face by a drunkard who would NOT SHOW His sales receipt or bumped into him on the sidewalk of Wal-Mart only because this man was doing his job.
Killing him,is NOT going to solve the problem by any means,only make it worse ! In my opinion Wal-Mart should join-in with the lawsuit and restore restitution to this employee in monies for his medical and financial needs.
But I don't see that happening all too soon. It is much like trying to get blood out of a lemon.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Dec 17, 2009
In my opinion Wal-Mart should join-in with the lawsuit and restore restitution to this employee in monies for his medical and financial needs.
==========
LM56, again with due respect, How is this Wal-Mart's fault? We as a people have to stop viewing
big corporations & the dollar bill as an answer to
society's problems. Yes, Wal-Mart should allow this man worker's compensation for being hurt on the job. It should join the law-suit & use their money to make sure this idiot is fully prosecuted.
The point you are missing is that this low-life is going to cost all us taxpayers money. Why should we buy him a suit so he can 'appear' respectable in court? Why should we pay his legal fees? What needs to be done with all these animals is force them to work & all the money they make pay for this man's medical bills, loss of work & pain & suffering, plus all their own legal fees. When they learn to act like civilized humans, only then do they deserve to be treated like one. Until then,
there is only one cure for a rabid dog & I mean any rabid dog of any color, breed or age.
punchthatoldbast ard

Greenford, OH

#14 Dec 18, 2009
IN THE NOSE
punchthatoldbast ard

Greenford, OH

#15 Dec 18, 2009
and then kick him when he is down
left long ago

Cumberland, MD

#16 Dec 20, 2009
punchthatoldbastard wrote:
and then kick him when he is down
how would you like it if this was your family member.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Dec 20, 2009
These are the kind of idiots that get good samaritans in trouble. I almost never set foot
in that Wal-Mart because of the riff-raff & the
bottom dwellers. Example: if I go there I usually carry a Ruger .45 auto, if I saw this piece of
crap hammering that old man, I would have intervened(without a weapon),when he attacked me,I would fall to the ground for all to see, pull the gun in self-defense & shoot both his knees out. Nothing wrong with that, EXCEPT, some liberal whiners would complain & now I'm forced to hire a lawyer, lose work & even though found innocent, would still be out thousands of dollars. The scum-bags never worry about this, for one thing-they get free lawyers, 2nd-they're too pitiful & lazy to
work & 3rd-now the taxpayers have to buy him his first suit so he can appear somewhat human in court. Then again, 1 or 2 slugs to the chest saves
us all kind of money & removes the garbage.
shadango

Cheswick, PA

#18 Dec 23, 2009
To followup on the "80 year old frail ass man" comment.

Though it was said in poor taste, I have to agree to a point.

If the greeters are supposed to be checking reciepts or stopping folks who try and steal, it isnt a great idea to have elderly folks doing that job....I have felt that way ever since I saw the first elderly person greeting at a Walmart.

Truth be told, I rarely get "greeted" by the greeters. They are too busy checking reciepts, which I agree is a pain in the behind....but did anyone note that this particular Walmart uninstalled the self-checkout lines not long after they installed them? I was told that thefts increased by 100% or more with those installed.

Its a shame....I liked those lines...usually meant less standing in line for me.

Honest people are always screwed over by the dishonest.

But having elderly folks trying to curb shoplifting is, in my opinion, not smart.

In the case we are talking about, I dont know that it would have mattered WHO bumped into this jerk.....it just happened to be an elderly greeter...could have been anyone. The jerk just "went off".
MAMMASAID

United States

#19 Dec 25, 2009
knock him out ... give me a break, the problem these days is that people frown upon smacking an old person around...when in reality most of them need it with their im old so that means im entitled asses
in fact i might go out tonite and knock some old fawker in the mouth just to see his dentures bounce across the floor !
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Dec 26, 2009
Has anyone noticed that the morons who bash the cops and preach "save the thugs" are staying away from the post about this poor 72 year old greeter? Where are the likes of Freedom/Freedon4All (and all of it's aliases?) This tells me that these classless idiots do not care and that they probably side with the piece of garbage who was caught on tape abusing this man.

This greeter works for a living, had a previous stroke which left him with no use of either the left or right side. I forget which one. Think about that. You have a 72 year old man who should be enjoying his retirement and his last remaining years, who still works and has very limited (or no) use of one side of his body. This man still did all of these things - then you have some $#&hole who most likely has not worked a day in his life walk up to him and blast him. This is the kind of person that I could only hope would "fall down the steps @ the station", or get mauled by the K-9. I can say with no problem that if this piece of garbage died in policy custody, I would laugh about it.

- Eddie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman sentenced in grant scam (Jul '07) Aug 7 jadedg17 6
mikey t's bar Aug 2 I Fart Too 14
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 Swamp Inhabitant ... 16
Registered Electrician (Dec '15) Jun '17 rodger 8
Is anyone running against District Judge Scott ... (Jan '15) May '17 Duquesne Resident 6
Time to get rid of the chief (Jan '17) Apr '17 Citizen 24 yrs 2
White Oak borough manager Apr '17 Non-political 1

North Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Versailles Mortgages