Police Arrest Man For 2004 McKeesport...

Police Arrest Man For 2004 McKeesport Murder

There are 33 comments on the KDKA story from May 17, 2007, titled Police Arrest Man For 2004 McKeesport Murder. In it, KDKA reports that:

A suspect who has been wanted for murder for more than two years is now behind bars.

Allegheny County Police arrested Cameron Meadows, 24, on a warrant for criminal homicide in the death of Vito Lee.

Police say Lee was shot to death in McKeesport in 2004.

County Homicide Detectives, along with officers from McKeesport and North Versailles, arrested Meadows at Castle Apartments in North Versailles.

Meadows is now in the Allegheny County Jail. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KDKA.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Resident

Manassas, VA

#1 May 18, 2007
Remember " INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY "
Cameron Meadows is one of the most gentle, kind hearted, caring people I have ever met in my life.
He would give the shirt off of his back to help someone. For him to be acused, even arrested for such a crime is an outrage. Allegheny County is wasting tax payers money. While real murders are on the loose.
eddie

United States

#2 May 18, 2007
So was John Wayne Gacy, David Berkowitz, the BTK killer.... Look past what you know of the person and look at the facts once they are available. I do not know the victim or this individual. Nothing surprises me anymore... anything is possible, isn't it????
Concerned Resident wrote:
Remember " INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY "
Cameron Meadows is one of the most gentle, kind hearted, caring people I have ever met in my life.
He would give the shirt off of his back to help someone. For him to be acused, even arrested for such a crime is an outrage. Allegheny County is wasting tax payers money. While real murders are on the loose.
Lil Squirel

Irwin, PA

#3 May 26, 2007
WHATEVER.Let him explain it to a jury
family of victim

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2007
HE IS GUILTY!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE NOT THERE! YOU DID NOT WITNESS SUCH A SINCELESS CRIME HAPPEN TO A FATHER,SON,OR A BROTHER! YOU DIDNT HAVE TO SEE HIS MOTHER& FATHER,3 DAUGHTERS,3BROTHERS,A HOST OF FAMILY MEMBERS,AND FRIENDS MOURN THE LOST OF A GOOD PERSON WITH A KIND HEART,BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT AND A SMILE THAT CAN BRIGHTEN THE MOST UGLIEST PERSON'S DAY UP. MY POINT IS MY COUSIN WAS A GOOD GUY, AND PUT THE CARE OF HIS FAMILY FIRST. HE HAS THREE DAUGHTERS THAT WILL NEVER KNOW THE FEELING OF HAVING THEIR PHYSICAL FATHER AT THEIR FIRST OF EVERYTHING. MAY GOD BLESS THIS WORLD WE LIVE. PS. TO WHOM THAT KNOWS NOTHING, PLEASE SAY NOTHING THAT DISRESPECTS THE DEAD
the truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jul 30, 2007
it was gavin webb
claudia

Monroeville, PA

#6 Aug 4, 2007
typical. the most dangerous people are almost always the friendliest of faces....
7 up or down

Manassas, VA

#7 Aug 28, 2007
to family member....didnt Vito jus get out of jail? The witness is jus talkin cuz their in sum shit...they wasnt even there...I heard Vito fell in the kitchen and Gavin didnt do it...ur mom did
unknown

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Sep 26, 2007
vito did get out of jail for robbing and trying to kill someone but the other guy ran down the stair well and got away but got shot multiple times all for his jewelry. i would never wish death on anyone but when you live a certain kind of life it all ketchs up to you.
BAILEE

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jun 28, 2008
I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF LIFE VITO LIVED, HE WAS NOT THE SAME PERSON THAT HE USED TO BE WHEN CAMERON DECIDED TO BE A "BIG MAN" AND PULL THAT TRIGGER... I DON'T KNOW WHO THE ONE WITNESS IS, BUT SEVERAL AND I DO MEAN SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO WHERE THERE SAID THAT CAMERON DID INDEED KILL VITO!!! ANYTHING THAT VITO DID, VITO SERVED HIS TIME FOR, JUST LIKE CAMERON SHOULD. I PERSONALLY HOPE THEY PUT HIM UNDER THE JAIL. VITO WAS UNARMED AND SHOT IN THE BACK... THE BACK!! HE HAD CHILDREN, AND BROTHERS THAT HE WANTED TO SHOW NOT TO GO IN THE PATH THAT HE CHOSE AS A YOUNG MAN. HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO A NEW LIFE AND TRYING TO SET NEW HIGHER STANDARDS FOR HIMSELF. SO FOR ALL THE IDIOTS AND JERKS WHO HAVE ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT VITO... HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH PAIN HIS FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND I HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND ARE STILL GOING THROUGH OVER A STUPID FIGHT. CAMERON IS A COWARD. PERIOD.
BAILEE

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jun 28, 2008
unknown wrote:
vito did get out of jail for robbing and trying to kill someone but the other guy ran down the stair well and got away but got shot multiple times all for his jewelry. i would never wish death on anyone but when you live a certain kind of life it all ketchs up to you.
DID U EVEN KNOW VITO? PROBABLY NOT.
BAILEE

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jun 28, 2008
Concerned Resident wrote:
Remember " INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY "
Cameron Meadows is one of the most gentle, kind hearted, caring people I have ever met in my life.
He would give the shirt off of his back to help someone. For him to be acused, even arrested for such a crime is an outrage. Allegheny County is wasting tax payers money. While real murders are on the loose.
ARE YOU SAYING HE DIDN'T DO IT? BECAUSE YOU KNOW JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IN MCKEESPORT, THAT HE DID IT.
GREAT

Monongahela, PA

#13 Jun 28, 2008
We'll just put it that 2 dirt bags are off the street.
GREAT

Monongahela, PA

#14 Jun 28, 2008
Gavin did try to eat him the previous year.
bailee

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Jun 29, 2008
GREAT wrote:
We'll just put it that 2 dirt bags are off the street.
you are so stupid. you may call them dirt bags, but there are children left without fathers, mothers left without sons, families mourning the lost of loved one whether its death or jail... so like i said you are stupid.
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jun 29, 2008
Bailie, I am sorry for your loss, and all homicides are terrible, but....

" children left without fathers..." "mothers left without sons..."

How about "wives left without husbands..."?

It seems that most homicides occur late, after midnight while people are partying,living it up, etc...Don't get me wrong, but, why wasn't he at home with his child(ren)? His wife? I never never recall my dad being out after, say 10pm. My parents knew where us kids were & my brothers/sisters & myself knew where my parents were. Isn't it safer at home anyway? Did he live with his kid(s)? Was he married to the "mother of his children"? Were all of the kids to the same mom, meaning his wife? Again, I am not trying to belittle this, because it is terrible, but, it is equally terrible that this man was out while his kids were home without their father loving looking out for them. My favorite place to be is at home with my wife & my son. This all I need right now.
Rod Webb

Mechanicsburg, PA

#17 Jul 16, 2008
This whole thing is ridiculous. People running their mouths about something they know nothing about. The truth is, if my best friend had done anything wrong, then the DA wouldn't have had such a horrible time trying to prove it in court on 7/10/08, before she was mercifully granted a mistrial due to the alleged death of her husband. I know Cameron better than anyone, and he's no more capable of such a heinous act than I am and for all of you who might not know who me, I have credibility beyond your comprehension and I would not lie.
Im sorry for the loss of a son and father, but lets not be so quick to make a martyr out of him, because he was hardly a saint. Sending an innocent man to jail as a fall guy will not ease your pain. It will only serve as further proof that the world we live in, is totally unfair.

And for you "the truth" I dont think my godbrother and cousin would appreciate you accusing him of homicide as much as he'd appreciate you using your real name in your post. Yall take care now.
Syd

New Kensington, PA

#18 Jul 16, 2008
I have to agree with Eddie! Nothing good can come of people trapsing around at all hours of the night. Also, being more choosy of the people you wander around with. These bad choices, are what puts people in the situations they end up in. For instance, a reputation of drugs, violence, alcohol, etc.
bailee

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Jul 26, 2008
In most cases, not all, but most, the environment in which a person comes up in will reflect the life they live, what they grow up around and see there whole lives with no guidance will mess up the way you view life... everybody doesn't have the opportunity to go to a 4 year university or even make it out of high school for that matter. I keep reading that Vito was this and Vito was that... but none of you who has something to say, personally knew him. What cracks me up is how people that Cameron probably admitted to shooting Vito, still try to come across like it never happened, and they just pulled Cameon's name out a freakin hat, and said "oh yeah, that nice quiet young man there did it" Someone saw him do it, that's why he'll stand trial. And a mistrial may have been "mercifully granted" but i sat in the court room, and she didn't have to say very much to make it look like he did it... but trial will continue in the fall, and the truth will prevail! And it doesn't matter who knows who, no one knows what one will do under pressure, and being that my and my son's life along with his daughters,mother,brothers along with all of his family has been affected by all of this, it burns me up when people act like we as his family and loved ones don't have the right to want to see his murderer prosecuted just because Vito had a record. You people are hippocrates. Ya'll know the truth, so ya'll live with it. I give to God, it's in his hands, and nobody can get aroung that.
Rod

Mechanicsburg, PA

#20 Jul 28, 2008
I have to disagree that everyone doesnt have the opportunity to attend college. We all have that chance, its just too few of us put forth the effort to achieve it. But thats not the point. Im just curious as to what makes you so sure that Cameron is guilty? Because you heard that around Mckeesport? Any person that lives long enough in that town will have their name dragged through the mud at some point, you know that. What you hear on the streets often has nothing to do with the truth. And by someone saw him, i hope you're not referring to that joke of a witness that claimed to be the only witness in another homicide case just last month (In which the suspect was found not guilty) She is a clown and she looked, dressed, and acted accordingly.
Im not saying that because he had a record, his murder was justified and Im not saying that you dont have the right to see his killer prosecuted. But i am saying that you should open your eyes to all possibilities and dont get tunnel vision on one person because of the lack of good police investigation by the inept and corrupt MPD.
But like you say, itll all come out in court. I just hope after he's acquitted that you'll be able to move on...Have a nice day!
bailee

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Aug 5, 2008
Rod wrote:
I have to disagree that everyone doesnt have the opportunity to attend college. We all have that chance, its just too few of us put forth the effort to achieve it. But thats not the point. Im just curious as to what makes you so sure that Cameron is guilty? Because you heard that around Mckeesport? Any person that lives long enough in that town will have their name dragged through the mud at some point, you know that. What you hear on the streets often has nothing to do with the truth. And by someone saw him, i hope you're not referring to that joke of a witness that claimed to be the only witness in another homicide case just last month (In which the suspect was found not guilty) She is a clown and she looked, dressed, and acted accordingly.
Im not saying that because he had a record, his murder was justified and Im not saying that you dont have the right to see his killer prosecuted. But i am saying that you should open your eyes to all possibilities and dont get tunnel vision on one person because of the lack of good police investigation by the inept and corrupt MPD.
But like you say, itll all come out in court. I just hope after he's acquitted that you'll be able to move on...Have a nice day!
Rod, you crack me up! you always have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) 4 hr Godfather 22
News Officials Arrest Suspect On Most Wanted List (Apr '10) Aug 18 Real Rick J 48
News AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) Aug 13 Porkster 1,009
Debate: Civil Unions - Turtle Creek, PA (Jan '12) Aug 13 Ally 7
West Newton Corruption (Aug '07) Jul '15 JANMIT63 808
Review: Wellness Center (chinese Massage) (Nov '14) Jun '15 Isis2012 2
Wilmerding Jun '15 Big Balls 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Versailles Mortgages