Corruption in NV mayors office

Corruption in NV mayors office

Posted in the North Vernon Forum

Jwnv

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 12, 2012
I hear a lot of rumors about our local mayor and the engineering firm that does most of the work for city utilities being somehow associated with mike Marshall and they are charging huge engineering fees. One contractor told me normal engineering fees are 16% and this form gets as high as 38%. I asked why he didn't say something and he said he would never get another job in this town. Also what about all the family relationships - the mayor - his wife - his son works for a firm that gets a big loan from the city - the mayors brother in law is over the board that gives out the money - then the head of Dem party get the vote out sister is head of the engineering firm that gets all the work and obviously the prosecutor won't do anything cause he is their cousin!
The cats meow

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2012
Sounds about right but what are ya gonna do? It sounds about like a little Kentucky. Aren't they all related? Don't forget them Hattons ! They get away with everything too! How's the voter fraud case going with Patti,Mike,Chris and numerous others?
The Coal Handlers Son

Saint Charles, IL

#3 Mar 1, 2013
No! Corruption in NV? Shocker ! Lol
Benny

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Jwnv wrote:
I hear a lot of rumors about our local mayor and the engineering firm that does most of the work for city utilities being somehow associated with mike Marshall and they are charging huge engineering fees. One contractor told me normal engineering fees are 16% and this form gets as high as 38%. I asked why he didn't say something and he said he would never get another job in this town. Also what about all the family relationships - the mayor - his wife - his son works for a firm that gets a big loan from the city - the mayors brother in law is over the board that gives out the money - then the head of Dem party get the vote out sister is head of the engineering firm that gets all the work and obviously the prosecutor won't do anything cause he is their cousin!
Sounds to me like he kicked your ass in the last election...sour grapes..pretty obvious.
Lucky girl

Bloomington, IN

#5 Mar 31, 2013
Calling sour grapes is just trying to divert the attention. The sad truth is our town is nearly bankrupt with our current leaders. It is not a political issue, it is the worst financial leadership a town could have. The list is endless and they are all related. Many decent people who have lived here all their lives are planning to move. We can seem to get anyone to listen due to the mind set of folks saying just that " it's just sour grapes".
Jwnv

Pascoag, RI

#6 May 13, 2013
To Benny , wake up - these people are thieves- not republicans or democrats - just plain thieves and nothing more. Sounds like you must be one of their stooges. This deal with the factory that employs the mayors son is terrible - almost 3 million dollars of our money lining the pockets of the mayor, his son, and brother in law. Where are our state police and for that matter our local chief of police?
Jwnv

Pascoag, RI

#7 May 13, 2013
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like he kicked your ass in the last election...sour grapes..pretty obvious.
To Benny , wake up - these people are thieves- not republicans or democrats - just plain thieves and nothing more. Sounds like you must be one of their stooges. This deal with the factory that employs the mayors son is terrible - almost 3 million dollars of our money lining the pockets of the mayor, his son, and brother in law. Where are our state police and for that matter our local chief of police?
The Coal Handlers Son

La Grange, IL

#8 May 13, 2013
Jwnv wrote:
<quoted text>To Benny , wake up - these people are thieves- not republicans or democrats - just plain thieves and nothing more. Sounds like you must be one of their stooges. This deal with the factory that employs the mayors son is terrible - almost 3 million dollars of our money lining the pockets of the mayor, his son, and brother in law. Where are our state police and for that matter our local chief of police?
Ahhhhhhhh it's ok they're a bunch of good ole boys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Bone 5 hr FTW 2
Nikki Shirley home wrecker 10 hr Codie 25
Gracie G,dont sale her any dope!!!U will get burnt 19 hr Lol 6
Looking for Red head. Feb 22 Scott 4
News Hate Crime Outrage: Accomplice Charged With Cla... (May '07) Feb 21 Wofle 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Feb 21 psychosis abounds 182
News Autopsy: Man found dead in creek had been shot (Mar '07) Feb 21 psychosis abounds 55

North Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Vernon Mortgages