Indianapolis archdiocese downsizing i...

Indianapolis archdiocese downsizing in Southern Indiana

There are 77 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 9, 2013, titled Indianapolis archdiocese downsizing in Southern Indiana. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The archdiocese of Indianapolis says it will decrease the number of parishes in southern Indiana from 30 to 20 due to shifting populations in area communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Coal Handlers Son

Commiskey, IN

#62 Jun 28, 2013
Outside-the-box wrote:
<quoted text>Considering I asked this person the Catholic Church's position on the 2nd Commandment I would be speaking about said church's commandments.
Romans 2:1
For this reason, O man, each one of you who judges is inexcusable. For by that which you judge another, you condemn yourself. For you do the same things that you judge.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#64 Jun 28, 2013
The Coal Handlers Son wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 2:1
For this reason, O man, each one of you who judges is inexcusable. For by that which you judge another, you condemn yourself. For you do the same things that you judge.
I'm glad you decided to read the Word but I'm guessing you googled "judge" and that's the first verse that popped up so you used it. If you truly wanted to try and make a point you would have used Matthew 7: 1-5 but its ok because you have no intention of actually wanting knowledge of God's Word. If you look at any of my posts I have not passed judgement on anyone, I've merely stated fact. It is useless to debate with you because you have fallen victim to your own lack of intelligence and immature knowledge of religion. You simply don't have the capacity to defend your beliefs or even carry on a mature conversation. It's not that you don't have to, it's because you can't. Some people are blessed with intellect and others aren't...God still loves you.
no judgements huh

Taft, CA

#65 Jun 28, 2013
in only one response
Outside-the-box wrote:
<quoted text>
#1:...because you have no intention of actually wanting knowledge of God's Word.#2:...It is useless to debate with you because you have fallen victim to your own lack of intelligence and immature knowledge of religion.#3:... You simply don't have the capacity to defend your beliefs or even carry on a mature conversation.
#4:...It's not that you don't have to, it's because you can't.#5:...Some people are blessed with intellect and others aren't.#6:...God still loves you.
Just saying

Indianapolis, IN

#66 Jun 28, 2013
Wow, this is crazy. This whole thing started because of a question about a church closing. Now Catholic's are a cult, and all priests are pedophiles? Those are two stereotypes that are made to be offensive. Out of the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of priests out there in the planet, there have absolutely been some who have preyed on innocent. Yes. But does that mean they are ALL pedophiles? That is a slippery slope statement. If you were to agree with that then you might as well jump to EVERY conclusion out there. Then all men are rapists. There are thousands of them out there. Does that seem fair? NO. So making outrageous statements doesn't really win you the case. The cult remark , ok really? Really? You must be related to some Catholics, or friends with some. Shame on you.It's all about bold uninformed statements so you can stir up a mess and get comments. Catholicism is not a cult and all priests are not pedophiles. Think like an educated adult. Stereotypes are harmful to everyone.
Cross of Thorns

Marion, IN

#67 Jun 29, 2013
Just saying wrote:
Wow, this is crazy. This whole thing started because of a question about a church closing. Now Catholic's are a cult, and all priests are pedophiles? Those are two stereotypes that are made to be offensive. Out of the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of priests out there in the planet, there have absolutely been some who have preyed on innocent. Yes. But does that mean they are ALL pedophiles? That is a slippery slope statement. If you were to agree with that then you might as well jump to EVERY conclusion out there. Then all men are rapists. There are thousands of them out there. Does that seem fair? NO. So making outrageous statements doesn't really win you the case. The cult remark , ok really? Really? You must be related to some Catholics, or friends with some. Shame on you.It's all about bold uninformed statements so you can stir up a mess and get comments. Catholicism is not a cult and all priests are not pedophiles. Think like an educated adult. Stereotypes are harmful to everyone.
It doesn't matter if there were only a handful of priests busted for pedophilia. When you have the Pope covering up for them,it taints the entire cult of catholicism. And it IS a cult. Besides pedophilia,would you like to discuss the Magdalene asylums that were nothing more than slave labor laundries?

The catholic church has so much blood and corruption on its hands. The church is nothing more than a glorified money making machine for criminals hiding behind religion.
Just saying

Indianapolis, IN

#68 Jun 29, 2013
You know, bickering back and forth and filling your messages with hate and accusations, back and forth, back and forth, you are not representing Christians well. I think it just needs to stop. Throwing bible verses at each other trying to prove a point and bickering. That is not what God would want you to do. The Law was made to for teaching, preaching, rebuking, and correcting. The Gospel is Jesus's words and Gods love. If you are going to throw bible versus back and forth, please do it with love and legitimate concern, or it comes across as hypocritical. That does not represent Christians well.
Just saying

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Jun 29, 2013
Cross of Thorns wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't matter if there were only a handful of priests busted for pedophilia. When you have the Pope covering up for them,it taints the entire cult of catholicism. And it IS a cult. Besides pedophilia,would you like to discuss the Magdalene asylums that were nothing more than slave labor laundries?
The catholic church has so much blood and corruption on its hands. The church is nothing more than a glorified money making machine for criminals hiding behind religion.
Let me establish I am Lutheran. I respect you opinion, I really do. You are making a point, but you are also stereotyping. They have covered things up, correct. I don't know what a magdalene asylum is. Clearly you understand things I don't. But I understand things you don't, or aren't trying to. There are many straight to the soul good priests and awesome Catholics. There are those who "hide behind the cloth" and have for generations. But that happened in everything. In all religions, in all societies. Similar to dictators. All I am asking you to do is considered that there are amazing priests and Catholics. There isn't a perfect person or on this planet. We are all tainted. Please don't stereotype all of a group of people, because of some. You know what I mean?
Cross of Thorns

Marion, IN

#70 Jun 29, 2013
Just saying wrote:
You know, bickering back and forth and filling your messages with hate and accusations, back and forth, back and forth, you are not representing Christians well. I think it just needs to stop. Throwing bible verses at each other trying to prove a point and bickering. That is not what God would want you to do. The Law was made to for teaching, preaching, rebuking, and correcting. The Gospel is Jesus's words and Gods love. If you are going to throw bible versus back and forth, please do it with love and legitimate concern, or it comes across as hypocritical. That does not represent Christians well.
I didn't think you'd care to discuss the Magdalene asylums that were nothing more than slave labor laundries.

Be a good catholic cult member. Keep burying your head under the sand. They're counting on you to continue swallowing their fiction. The gullible will continue to give them $$$$$. Because it's really about money and buying your way into a flimsy fantasy called heaven.
Just saying

Indianapolis, IN

#71 Jun 29, 2013
I guess you missed the whole I'm a Lutheran bit huh? Well I said I didn't know what Magdalene asylums were, that's not shoving something under the rug. I openly said I didn't know what they were. You seem to really want to argue not discuss, and honestly, I'm not the arguing type. Consider yourself right. If you feel so strongly, I will not open your mind to a different way of thinking especially if you don't read what I write and continue to post things.

Take it easy.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#72 Jun 29, 2013
no judgements huh wrote:
<quoted text>in only one response
#1 is an insinuation and in no manner be assumed as passing judgement.#2-#6....fact.
Fight The Real Enemy

Franklin, IN

#73 Jul 14, 2013
Catholicism is a Cult wrote:
The bottoms of many boys will be spared with less priests around.
The Catholic Church is the most connected and organized pedophile ring in the world. Its front as a religious organization is just a ruse.
http://youtu.be/3WJE0ioPzP4
The Coal Handlers Son

Geneva, IL

#74 Jul 15, 2013
Fight The Real Enemy wrote:
Yeah I believe everything I see on the Internet .....
illuminated

Lafayette, IN

#75 Jul 16, 2013
Catholicism was created by the Jews for the Gentiles. In Rome they worshipped EVERY god they could name. From Amen to Zoroaster. Catholic means universal, all encompassing, including Lucifer worship. The Obelisk in front of the Vatican is a symbol to worship Amen the Egyptian sun god, the god that Abram the baby raper chose to worship . Surrounding that obelisk is a fertility cult symbol of Dianna the moon goddess. False idols. You don't see muslims with statues of false idols in THEIR yards but you see a shit load of "mother Mary" statues and crosses in heathens yards. The cross is a symbol of death NOT life. the ankh is a symbol of life. as in king tut ankh amen, which transliterates into everlasting life for Amen the Egyptian sun god. and 'tut' is probably representative of Thoth. ALL religions are created by men to gain psychological control of people. The Catholic church sold sins and even had a whorehouse in it in old days. Where are the hundreds of gods today ? or the devils ? They never existed except in the minds of those who were conned into believing in them , or in the case of Christianity FORCED to worship. The muslims never held inquisitions or went on crusades across the seas. But again there religion was written not by Mohamed, but by usurpers of mohammed. His writings were all burned by his half brother and nephew and rewritten by those who never heard of Mohamed or read his writings. YES , 6,000 years of BS . Until you face the fact that there are no gods or devils you can never be free. Religion doesn't unite it divides. and that is exactly what it was created to do. Religion is hate speech at its finest. Deuteronomy 17:12 . Exodus 22:17 , Leviticus 20:17 Where is the "everlovingkindness" ? It is all BS.
Toomanypizzajoin ts

Versailles, IN

#77 Jul 17, 2013
illuminated, they don't even have to sell the indulgences now, all you need to do for an indulgence is follow the pope on Twitter. Love your comment.
illuminated

Lafayette, IN

#78 Jul 18, 2013
Toomanypizzajoints wrote:
illuminated, they don't even have to sell the indulgences now, all you need to do for an indulgence is follow the pope on Twitter. Love your comment.
Titter was created by the Abramites to get your thoughts, Facebook to get your picture, Myspace to get your friends. Didn't Nostradamus call the pope who stepped down, "the glory of the olives" ? Supposedly the new pope will be the last one. Only 1227 years til the end of the world? With 1,000 years of Abramite totalitarian rule while they try to use HAARP or the CDC to kill off 6 billion non-inbred non-Abramites. If Enki is real and comes back to collect the gold will only the Jews be left? Enki didn't create the Jews,Satan did. Yeah,I know they weren't called Jews back then. The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel or w/e Jesus the inbred Abramite called his relatives. two pizzas two joints , sounds groovy.
ima hoosier

Fortville, IN

#79 Jul 18, 2013
what will happen with the vacant property? will the church try to sell it or will they financially maintain the structures? some of the most beautiful buildings in the world are the churches.
Huh

Paris, TN

#80 Jul 20, 2013
ima hoosier wrote:
what will happen with the vacant property? will the church try to sell it or will they financially maintain the structures? some of the most beautiful buildings in the world are the churches.
Dude get back on the meds stat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wtf (Dec '16) Nov 21 Robertburton 15
Female informants of seymour Nov 20 Smitty a rat 4
Taylor Barrett Newkirk,addict in jail again Nov 20 Smitty a rat 1
604 east sixth street heroine overdose Nov 20 columbuzzz 1
Timothy mcfall Nov 19 Robertburton 2
Step coomer Nov 17 Billy 6
News Plans for new North Vernon park receive public ... Nov 16 Big ole Stud 1

North Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance