Posted in the North Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
waiting

Dayton, OH

#1 Apr 24, 2011
??

No work, Thurs,Fri or Mon, plus many more scheduled days off. This is already known.

Last I was told "they would call me", if I am supposed to go to 1st shift Tuesday....But have heard rumors that the people that had to work Fri "got bad news"(IDK what that the news was)...and they ALREADY told people there would be NO more 2nd shift...anybody heard the latest on how long? And when they will be back to 40hr weeks?

Well, I'm still waiting on my call to tell me where to go Tues....and debating on looking for work,even tho the chances of finding a job right now are slim. Hate to after I've been there 15 years...

Does anyone know the latest of the lies from up front? Or heard any details on recent things that might be true??
bigdog812

Granada Hills, CA

#2 Apr 24, 2011
from what i hear they has been some cut backs due to the disaster in japan.its going to be rough for the next couple of weeks.
waiting

Dayton, OH

#3 Apr 24, 2011
bigdog812 wrote:
from what i hear they has been some cut backs due to the disaster in japan.its going to be rough for the next couple of weeks.
It's such a horrible tragedy in Japan, my heart goes to them.

A rough few Weeks is one thing, I can deal with that, but I've heard rumors of 3day weeks and only 1 shift until at least August..
Just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it.
Take out

Bedford, IN

#4 Apr 24, 2011
3 day weeks till june is what we were told . Only 1st shift . All the temps are laid off . You should alwas have a savings and plan for these things . We get a bonus dont spend it save it . God save Japan the only it did was make China stronger .
waiting

Dayton, OH

#5 Apr 24, 2011
Take out wrote:
3 day weeks till june is what we were told . Only 1st shift . All the temps are laid off . You should alwas have a savings and plan for these things . We get a bonus dont spend it save it . God save Japan the only it did was make China stronger .
thanks for the info, Sounds like June 3 is as far as most have heard, so I'll chalk up the rest ofwhat I hear to rumor as of now.
However no one asked for your input on savings plans. I thank God I have been able to save some money in a time when a lot of people are unable to.(including several that I work with) Blanket statements reguarding money are unnecessary and arrogant when I'm concerned for my future savings, and mostly concerned for the future of my job...not just making $ through the summer.
Take out

Bedford, IN

#6 Apr 25, 2011
Thought thats why people worked to make money and to save .
bigdog812

Granada Hills, CA

#7 Apr 25, 2011
i dont think they can make 3 day weeks unless you work 11hr days.As a fulltime person the lowest they can go for yours is 32hr a week.Its in the employee handbook.
Hmmmm

Scottsburg, IN

#8 Apr 25, 2011
Take out wrote:
It's kinda hard to save when you have a family and a home to tend to. We do what we can with what we have but, for the most part, bonuses go to home taxes and school supplies. Don't tell us how to live unless ya walk in our shoes. We just came out of a recession that knocked out ot and cut a few days out..remember? Just getting built back up and now this...
play nice

Lebanon, IN

#10 Apr 27, 2011
people on this site cant just get the info they need you always have to end a post in fighting with one another, some of us like to use the site to talk with one another nicely! you people that are always starting stuff is what is making this site bad!
Take out

Bedford, IN

#11 Apr 27, 2011
Have a home . Have a kid just bought them a car .No credit cards . Can live on 24hrs. a week . There is a guy named Dave Ramsey Ive listened and it works . Sorry
Hmmmm

Scottsburg, IN

#12 Apr 28, 2011
They posted that these changes are indefinite. I love how they do that...they wait till dayshift is gone, quietly *sneak* out to the board and post what they need to before hittin the door...lol...Anyway, the post says we are off from 5/22 to 6/2...plus the 3 day weeks. On Monday, Toyota said they were at 50% production...Tuesday it was 40% and today, 30%...gettin a bit nervous
Kyles mom

Louisville, KY

#13 Apr 28, 2011
"Hmmmm" has a point. They do very quietly post these things. They think they are sneaky this way the angry workers don't have time to confront them.
Good For you "take out", however being able to live on 24 hrs pay, is NOT most peoples reality. It's admirable that you can, but this is tough times, you shouldn't judge because people need regular full time work.
Was told 8hr. Mondays will be back on Starting next week.
I am honestly scared to find out what will happen after June 3.
maybe this helps

United States

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Take out wrote:
Have a home . Have a kid just bought them a car .No credit cards . Can live on 24hrs. a week . There is a guy named Dave Ramsey Ive listened and it works . Sorry
exactly,I love,my home and vehicles are paid for,insuance,food and utilities only!Live LIGHT!
bigdog812

Granada Hills, CA

#15 Apr 28, 2011
are they still having shut down in july still.
loveit

Louisville, KY

#16 Apr 28, 2011
take a pay cut then you'll get the ours you want!!!
waiting

Louisville, KY

#17 Apr 28, 2011
Well, I was just told several people just got laid off today, thank God it wasn't me...a couple with pretty low badge #'s..one gal that has been here for over 10 years.
congrats

Louisville, KY

#18 Apr 28, 2011
Yeh a pay-cut will be next they'll still have to make that billion a year!
Take out

Bedford, IN

#19 Apr 28, 2011
Nobody sneaks out and changes the board . The people who were laid off were handed letters by HR . They are on a day to day shipping and Toyota has cut production 70% . It sucks and i am sorry to those who got a letter . They are saying August . It all depends on how fast Japan can recover .
Done

Lexington, KY

#20 May 2, 2011
more were laid off today, they let them work all day then told them 15 min before the end of the shift. the less than perfect class was let go today anyone who had been suspended for what ever reason and were trying to get back in the companys good grace was laid off. did not matter about years of service. these people were suspended they had already paid the price for what they say they had done. i disagree with the decision to lay them off. but what will you do without being united as one.
Take out

Bedford, IN

#21 May 2, 2011
Yup got rid of the rif raf . The people who dont show up for work or horse play on lines . Should have been the first to go ! These people dont deserve class with there papers they show no class at work and leave there coworkers high and dry .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did he start the big fire Dec 25 Suspicious 2
6136 N. county road 760E. seymour. Dec 24 airien hunter 3
any guys want dl/nsa? 19-29 Dec 23 Bulletproof 4
need to know (Mar '14) Dec 22 really 4
Home burglary suspect dies after homeowner shot... Dec 22 Chuckie 2
jim melton (Apr '14) Dec 21 no name 4
Jackson Circuit Court, 12/19/14 Dec 19 SLUTSMACKER 1
North Vernon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web