Bullying at the Jennings County Middl...

Bullying at the Jennings County Middle School

Posted in the North Vernon Forum

Proud Mother of 2

Englewood, CO

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Anyone else had trouble with this school and nobody wanting to help your child whose being bullied? I am so disgusted at just how bad the bullying is there, and even more disgusted how nothing is done about it! The Dean of students Angie Donnell is in the wrong line of work and needs to find a new career. When I called her about my child being bullied, she justified the bullies actions saying "Oh, their just being boys", and "Its just their hormones at this age". Long story short, nobody would help my son, and he was being bullied every single day, the same few kids kept doing it because they knew there would be no consequences to their actions. But yet when my child stood up for theirself and got in a fight with these kids, was punished by being suspended. I eventually had to just withdrawal my child and do homeschool, but if I could have afforded an attorney, I would have sued that school and the ones who were there to supposively protect my child who let this go on day after day. That school is nothing but a JOKE & they should be ashamed of themselves for turning a blind eye to this horrible behavior. I was not going to stand back and watch my child be bullied to suicide!!!
an0n0my5

Francesville, IN

#2 Jun 14, 2013
bullies happen. i was bullied all through school... i used to teach self defense to kids that got bullied, and in all honesty the best thing ur child can do when being bullied is defend himself and show the bullies that they are not backing down. its the only way. its best to put the hammer down now rather then let it continue into late high school years.
Americus

North Vernon, IN

#3 Jun 14, 2013
My child did defend his self & was expelled both times! While nothing was done to the bully. The schools a joke! Maybe when you have a child being harassed on a daily basis, you will look differently instead of saying "bullies happen" as if it's just no big deal. I did what I had to protect my child. I sure couldn't count on anyone at that POS school to do it.
The Coal Handlers Son

Kenosha, WI

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Americus wrote:
My child did defend his self & was expelled both times! While nothing was done to the bully. The schools a joke! Maybe when you have a child being harassed on a daily basis, you will look differently instead of saying "bullies happen" as if it's just no big deal. I did what I had to protect my child. I sure couldn't count on anyone at that POS school to do it.
I was bullied in that school system when I went to the old junior high. I told my teachers , principal, asst. principal, nurse, pretty much anyone I could find for a solution to the problem. Of course the bullying continued until one day I'd had enough and broke the bullies nose with my new math book! Then the school said I was the problem and expelled me and the bullies family tried to sue my parents for medical bills! Some things never change! I'm glad I left the Jennings County School system because I went in to get a great education at a private school and went on to earn a college degree. Probably would have had a different outcome if I'd stayed in Old JC!
an0nomys

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Jul 12, 2013
i was agreeing with you. i have children and my daughter got bullied for oh about an hour. the jennings county school system is a joke when it comes to bullys i was bullied all through the time i went to school their. but bullies happen! there is nothing we as parents can do about it as long as the school system allows it to happen. the only thing we can do is prepare our children to handle their own.
Americus

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2013
My child was bullied every single day. You have no idea what it was doing to him. I was not gonna sit back & let him be bullied to suicide! It happens all the time. I couldn't count on the joke of a school to do anything about it so I did. I took my child out & started homeschooling. Bullies do happen all the time but don't tell me there nothing we as parents can do about it cuz although the school failed my child, I never will. You may think it's ok to let them deal with it on your own,, but it comes to a point it's. Too much for them. In the end, we are the only ones our, kids can count on. People need to realize how serious bullying is.
Americus

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2013
The Coal Handlers Son wrote:
<quoted text>
I was bullied in that school system when I went to the old junior high. I told my teachers , principal, asst. principal, nurse, pretty much anyone I could find for a solution to the problem. Of course the bullying continued until one day I'd had enough and broke the bullies nose with my new math book! Then the school said I was the problem and expelled me and the bullies family tried to sue my parents for medical bills! Some things never change! I'm glad I left the Jennings County School system because I went in to get a great education at a private school and went on to earn a college degree. Probably would have had a different outcome if I'd stayed in Old JC!
Good for you! Glad you got away from it! I honestly don't think it will ever change.
an0nomys

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Jul 12, 2013
ok homeschooling, what does that do? keeps them from having a social life. look ur preaching to someone who was bullied! i was bullied from elementary school all through high school, my parents tried to do stuff, in fact they sued a kid who hit me with brass knuckles and broke my jaw..doesnt help. if a parent gets involved do you really think thats a deterent to a teenager or preteen to pick on a kid. no its not. its fuel for them to pick and laugh and get other kids to make fun of the kid for being a "wussy". Bullys have been around forever! the only way to not get bullied is to make it to where ur not a target by standing up for yourself. the only person who can do anything when the school system wont is the kids that are getting bullied. if parents stopped telling the kids they would handle it only to get their hopes up and then shot down when it doesnt do anything then maybe these kids would learn what they need to do. I wasnt a bully in school i was bullied so trying to tell me what should be done is just laughable because It DOESNT WORK. if it did there would be a lot less suicides and school shootings.. you wanna solution put ur kids in martial arts teach them to fight back. and tell them if someone trys to bully you break them in half, or at least try to.. bullies pick on people they think wont fight back, human nature doesnt matter how tough u are nobody wants to get punched in the face. so if ur kids getting bullied tell them every time they get picked on to punch the little shit square in the nose.. if every time that person feels like picking on the kid they get a broken nose. they arent gonna wanna do it anymore even if they are stronger and bigger. fact of life
The Coal Handlers Son

Commiskey, IN

#9 Jul 13, 2013
an0nomys wrote:
ok homeschooling, what does that do? keeps them from having a social life. look ur preaching to someone who was bullied! i was bullied from elementary school all through high school, my parents tried to do stuff, in fact they sued a kid who hit me with brass knuckles and broke my jaw..doesnt help. if a parent gets involved do you really think thats a deterent to a teenager or preteen to pick on a kid. no its not. its fuel for them to pick and laugh and get other kids to make fun of the kid for being a "wussy". Bullys have been around forever! the only way to not get bullied is to make it to where ur not a target by standing up for yourself. the only person who can do anything when the school system wont is the kids that are getting bullied. if parents stopped telling the kids they would handle it only to get their hopes up and then shot down when it doesnt do anything then maybe these kids would learn what they need to do. I wasnt a bully in school i was bullied so trying to tell me what should be done is just laughable because It DOESNT WORK. if it did there would be a lot less suicides and school shootings.. you wanna solution put ur kids in martial arts teach them to fight back. and tell them if someone trys to bully you break them in half, or at least try to.. bullies pick on people they think wont fight back, human nature doesnt matter how tough u are nobody wants to get punched in the face. so if ur kids getting bullied tell them every time they get picked on to punch the little shit square in the nose.. if every time that person feels like picking on the kid they get a broken nose. they arent gonna wanna do it anymore even if they are stronger and bigger. fact of life
You're right! My final solution was to defend myself! It's your child's only option! And I guarantee wether they win or lose the bully will think twice about picking on your child. Bully's are cowards and insecure, so they always pick out the easiest prey !
Americus

United States

#10 Jul 13, 2013
Hello! My kid did defend himself & got kicked out of school twice!!! While nothing was done to the bullies. One more time & they was gonna expel him for the rest of the year. I just didn't find it fair my kid have to take the same grade over for something that wasn't his fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Waggoner,back in town,snnitchbbitch Sat knows better 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sat Bob 107
News Hate Crime Outrage: Accomplice Charged With Cla... (May '07) Fri Mike KIng 12
N Broadway between 4th and 6th streets Jan 18 Yepyep 1
Chrystal Greene/Beem Jan 18 Confused 13
News Autopsy: Man found dead in creek had been shot (Mar '07) Jan 17 Vana 52
Caught cheating on camera Jan 17 Oh well 1

North Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Vernon Mortgages