Autopsy: Man found dead in creek had ...

Autopsy: Man found dead in creek had been shot

There are 48 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Autopsy: Man found dead in creek had been shot. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

An autopsy Sunday showed a missing Seymour man whose body was found in a Southern Indiana creek died of a single gunshot wound to the head, Indiana State Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Savannah Jackson

North Vernon, IN

#21 Jun 22, 2007
"I wish people would understand how my sister and I feel.It is terrible,I can't tell my dad I love him anymore,and I can't huig him and talk to him I wish I could have my dad back.It's all because of Robert Allen Barker my dad was a really good man and was really loved he loved childeren and he loved to read ahe also loved music. My dad use to tell me I was his son that he didn't have.I loved him and he will always be in my heart."
Good Grief

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jun 22, 2007
Were drugs involved?
Savannah Jackson

North Vernon, IN

#23 Jun 25, 2007
Good Grief wrote:
Were drugs involved?
"Why in the world would you want to know you need to get off that case."
SABRENA BAKER

North Vernon, IN

#24 Jul 12, 2007
Good Grief wrote:
Were drugs involved?
MUDER IS MURDER!!IS THERE REALLY ANY GOOD REASON TO MURDER SOMEONE?OPEN YOUR EYES TO OUR COMMUNITY!MY SISTER AND I LAYED DEAN JACKSON AND AARON HALL TO REST IN ONE MONTH.BOTH MEN WERE GOOD FATHERS AND NEVER DESERVED TO DIED LIKE THIS,NO MATTER WHAT!!!!MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ MORE ON THIER STORIES,THEN COMMENT!!
Give me a break

Atlanta, GA

#25 Jul 12, 2007
Sabrena, I read your interview on pride depot.
My prayers are with Day-z and you right now.
Have there been any new developments on Dino yet? Please keep posting updates here.
Cherri

North Vernon, IN

#26 Aug 2, 2007
i just wanted to update everyone, the trial is getting ready to begin. Its just the preliminary stuff first, i pray that justice will be served. all your prayers are appreciated
Deans old boss

United States

#27 Aug 26, 2007
Savannah Jackson wrote:
"My dad was a very special person and if I were older I would have reported him missing,my uncle Aaron c Hall died on my dad's birthday April 12th and that is what I think is strange.I love u dad."
I want to say I am very sorry about deans death..Dean worked for me in a veneer mill at one time.As i remember,,Dean was a hard worker.And he had a funny bone about him.He could dream up something to say or do,To get a smile out of anyone no matter how bad your day was,Dean would see someone that needed help at work and he would help them..As for some the crap I have read here,,I am 42 years old and from seymour,,I know Dean SR Dino's dad from long ago..For the one that ststed Dean was not from seymour but North Vernon,,Your wrong,,Dean did move but he was indeed from seymour!As for him raping someone B#$%SH^^,I also know Robbie Barker,And the one who said he raped her.And that is Tracy Burrell,I think she should be charger as well.As far as Dean rapping her..HA HA..NO WAY!! Tracy Burrell is a nasty dirty seymour IN street meth whore! Her teeth is rottet out of her head so bad all she has is black nubs,She is someone who cares about nothing but her meth!I cant see anyone no matter who they are rapping a nasty dirty meth head like Tracy Burrell..Inless they was just trying to get some type of a STD,,As for robbie barker,,He is scum,He is a little tiny punk that lives for nothing but trouble.He has been in and out of jail from age 17 or 18 when he robbed convenent store on oak in seymour with a knift so he could pay off a dope debt!.He has attacked a person with a saw and like to cut his arm off..he has snuck up on people with clubs,,And been locked up for all this crap over and over,Robbie Barker should with his record,,Should have never been let out of jail..I mean how many times dose a punk like him have to be sent to prison for hurting people b4 the law figures out they are trash and give them life? Robbie had just got out of prison when D britton passed away..Robbie was on house arrest,,He went to D Brittons funeral and cut his house arrest braclet off and tossed it into Mr Brittons grave..Robbie was sent back to jail for this,,He had just got out of prison for the 4th or 5th time and did this,,I think The Jackson Co could care less about who gets hurt as long as they can keep making that DOC money off someone or probation fees,,Jackson county seems to be one of the worst dirty currpt countys I have ever seen!! Once more to Deans family I am very sorry about the loss of a good man,,Due to some trash that Jackson Co IN just wanted to make a little more money from!
Deans old boss

United States

#28 Aug 26, 2007
I want to say I am very sorry about deans death..Dean worked for me in a veneer mill at one time.As i remember,,Dean was a hard worker.And he had a funny bone about him.He could dream up something to say or do,To get a smile out of anyone no matter how bad your day was,Dean would see someone that needed help at work and he would help them..As for some the crap I have read here,,I am 42 years old and from seymour,,I know Dean SR Dino's dad from long ago..For the one that ststed Dean was not from seymour but North Vernon,,Your wrong,,Dean did move but he was indeed from seymour!As for him raping someone B#$%SH^^,I also know Robbie Barker,And the one who said he raped her.And that is Tracy Burrell,I think she should be charger as well.As far as Dean rapping her..HA HA..NO WAY!! Tracy Burrell is a nasty dirty seymour IN street meth whore! Her teeth is rottet out of her head so bad all she has is black nubs,She is someone who cares about nothing but her meth!I cant see anyone no matter who they are rapping a nasty dirty meth head like Tracy Burrell..Inless they was just trying to get some type of a STD,,As for robbie barker,,He is scum,He is a little tiny punk that lives for nothing but trouble.He has been in and out of jail from age 17 or 18 when he robbed convenent store on oak in seymour with a knift so he could pay off a dope debt!.He has attacked a person with a saw and like to cut his arm off..he has snuck up on people with clubs,,And been locked up for all this crap over and over,Robbie Barker should with his record,,Should have never been let out of jail..I mean how many times dose a punk like him have to be sent to prison for hurting people b4 the law figures out they are trash and give them life? Robbie had just got out of prison when D britton passed away..Robbie was on house arrest,,He went to D Brittons funeral and cut his house arrest braclet off and tossed it into Mr Brittons grave..Robbie was sent back to jail for this,,He had just got out of prison for the 4th or 5th time and did this,,I think The Jackson Co could care less about who gets hurt as long as they can keep making that DOC money off someone or probation fees,,Jackson county seems to be one of the worst dirty currpt countys I have ever seen!! Once more to Deans family I am very sorry about the loss of a good man,,Due to some trash that Jackson Co IN just wanted to make a little more money from!
savannah Jackson

North Vernon, IN

#29 Sep 10, 2007
"Thank u my dad's old boss I know he would thank u. People tell me I look just like him I'm built like him I have the same eye color and everything I've even got his hands well thanks alot bye."
Give me a break

Fayetteville, GA

#30 Sep 13, 2007
Is the trial still going on? I pray for justice for all of you who have been through so much.

Since: Dec 06

Peru, Indiana

#31 Sep 13, 2007
I hunt with a few of those "good old boys" down there and knowing how they are I'm not surprised. Southern Hoosiers have short tempers and get pissed easy.
sammi

North Vernon, IN

#32 Mar 17, 2009
2 years and ........ i love and miss u daddy

Since: Jul 09

Canaan, IN

#33 Jul 29, 2009
I am curious to know how old Dino was. I am 35 and went to school with a Dean Jackson from North Vernon. He and I hung out with the same group of people so i am hoping it's not the same one. Thanks.
Crystal K

Columbus, IN

#35 Aug 18, 2010
What ever came of this? It just dropped off? Did they have a trial? Was anyone convicted? Just curious....
friend of dean

Dillsboro, IN

#36 Sep 29, 2010
I went to school with Dean and ran in the same crowd. I loved him dearly and he was a wonderful man. Our class of 1992 20 year reunion will be here before to long and we have lost sooo many classmates already. I hope Dean did get justice. I think of him often and very fondly. To his daughter, just know your dad was that shining star that made me smile everyday. I remember his love for bikes and skateboards. I will miss him and enjoy our memories more.
yeah

Seymour, IN

#37 Feb 23, 2011
i didnt realize who Rob was until the cutting someones arm with a saw thing came up. You must be talking about Dirty Rob. I was a lil girl about 9 or 10 yrs old when Rob did that. I witnessed the incident. my parents were bikers, they partied.
I seen alot of things as a child that i shouldnt have. Dirty ROb gave me nightmares!!!!
as for the reason things happen. Yes, I know it had to do with drugs.(meth) basically. When you have meth, you have narcs. If you dont want to get narced out then chill the fuck out and dont give anyone a reason to do it.
I have always just heard that Dino was a snitch, and Im not being mean- thats just what i heard.
as far as Aaron Hall. He was a nice guy, I actually knew him. I think that by the way Dinos daughters speak of him with such unconditional love that if he ever did talk on anyone.- He did it for his kids.(cause he didnt want to lose them)
I think if the police are going to put people up to narcing others out to stay out of trouble then they need to have a safe reliable protection program and it should be required that once you narc someone else out for things that you have done, then you will only stand protected if you clean yourself up and abide by the law yourself. I think this is sad and let it be a lesson to the addicts and narcs, cause there are so many.
Do your time or reevaluate your crime and make some changes, if not for yourself- for the people that love you. Dirty Robs prob on a fast train to hell anyway, so let peace be with you in your grief
I lost my father as well, There were times I wish I had someone to blaime, but really, he made a bad decision that night, and the most I can do is FORGIVE him for his mistakes and remember just what he meant to me! Just as you are speaking of your father for what he meant to you girls and not the price he paid for some bad decisions he made that others could not let him walk away from.
(this post is based souly on opinions and judgements and in no way comes from any evidence of truth.)
yeah

Seymour, IN

#38 Feb 23, 2011
I just wanted to correct my hearsay, not that I matter anyway, but I appologize. I obviously did not know Dean and I actually had the wrong Dean when I thought "informant" I was corrected by a well respected man in this town that knew him well after discussing these posts. I was told the things the family says, that he was a Really Great Guy with a huge heart and that Dirty Rob was a jealous and bad man and did him wrong. This Dean never narced on anyone, I just felt after making a statement that I could not delete afterwards that I needed to make anyone reading this aware that I made a huge mistake and was corrected by a very good friend of his who is a close family member of mine. I know that my source is telling the truth. I meant NO disrespect and I hope that the men who caused his death pay the highest price, their lives. I am so sorry for the children and I was told that Cherri was his signifigant other and I want to also appologize to her as well. I hope you can forgive my senseless post above and if anyone has the power to delete it- please do. I gave off the wrong impression of an innocent man and I am truly sorry from the depth of my heart. I had just mistaken his name for another man that I know about. please please please do not take offense. It was an honest mistake and goes to show not everyones 2 cents is worth 2 shits lol.(I am now living proof of that)
Mad Max

Seymour, IN

#39 Feb 23, 2011
if you ment no disrespect you would just keep your mouth shut. you have an opinion on everything on this board. nobody cares either.
yeah

Seymour, IN

#40 Feb 24, 2011
Mad Max wrote:
if you ment no disrespect you would just keep your mouth shut. you have an opinion on everything on this board. nobody cares either.
you cared enough to read them obviously.
you cared enough that for some strange reason my post irritated you.
and obviously everyone has a right to their opinion on here
including you whether anyone gives a shit or not
and my opinion doesnt really mean much and i really doubted that anyone cared
that is not the reason i posted it.
i posted it because i wanted to and thats it. lol
doesnt really matter anyway, i didnt say anything hurtful
i owned my mistake which is more than the majority do on here.
you are just a dick LMAO!!!
Mad Max

Seymour, IN

#41 Feb 24, 2011
Hey ladie or whatever you are...I read 2 posts and say where you replied to several others...just stupid banter....These people have been through and seen enough. Just mind your business and be quiet and let the world rest. What a looser you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Murray Middle School teacher molestation 16 hr Kimmy 9
Amber Couch.Chris Couch-HIV infected Jul 27 amber 4
Jamie Fluhr (Brandenburg) Jul 24 Weweni 4
News Guilty a second time in 4 murders (May '07) Jul 18 Mick No USA 2
Stroll action in Seymour? Jul 17 JOHN CORBIN 2
lisa Elaine Jul 16 no one 2
Where is all the female Nymphos? Jul 15 That1Guy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Vernon Mortgages