Christian rock band playing in Terre Haute this weekend

Apr 27, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 11

Sidewalk Prophets an awesome Christian band that has played in front of over 20,000 excited fans is coming to our great city of Terre Haute.

Full Story

“Taxes are too darn high”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 27, 2012
So our tax dollars are paying for this? Separation of church and state ring a bell?
JustAnotherAssho le

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2012
20,000? They say that like it's some huge accomplishment, then again for Christian rock it probably is.
facts

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Apr 27, 2012
our tax dollars????? no they are playing at a local church and the tickets will be sold at the door so not sure where you are coming up with this separation of church and state.
Jon

Brazil, IN

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Separation of church and State. Here is the principle set forth by our founding fathers. It is to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government. Research the facts of "Separation of Church and State" before rendering your opinion.
JustAnotherAssho le

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Jon wrote:
Separation of church and State. Here is the principle set forth by our founding fathers. It is to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government. Research the facts of "Separation of Church and State" before rendering your opinion.
Wrong. Several founding fathers were quite clear that an entire separation between government and religions was needed.
Cutie pie

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 28, 2012
It's freedom TO worship in your own way not freedom FROM religion in any sector of life. That was the doings of that crazy woman decades ago. O'Hare ?
JustAnotherAssho le

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2012
For a fair and logical government religion needs to be purged from it. Several of the key founding fathers recognized this.

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose." --- Thomas Jefferson to Baron von Humboldt, 1813
Abbeville

Clinton, IN

#8 Apr 28, 2012
JustAnotherAsshole wrote:
For a fair and logical government religion needs to be purged from it. Several of the key founding fathers recognized this.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose." --- Thomas Jefferson to Baron von Humboldt, 1813
Dawn?
JustAnotherAssho le

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Abbeville wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawn?
If you're asking if I'm someone named Dawn, no I'm not.
cheese with your whine?

Manito, IL

#10 Nov 2, 2012
Rollerover wrote:
So our tax dollars are paying for this? Separation of church and state ring a bell?
Get over yourself ya hippie. Jesus why not just make real life like an episode of South Park. Your probably a democrat that's okay with our tax dollars being spent on people who refuse to work.
cheese with your whine?

Manito, IL

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Rollerover wrote:
Here's a great idea too... If you don't like Christian music, or any music for that matter, DON'T GO TO THE CONCERT! Me for example, I don't like rap music. So guess who ha two thumbs and won't be at a TI concert? This guy. It's called common sense. Try finding some.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who knows tiffany sears 7 min forfun71 16
Ellis haters (Mar '12) 36 min ccl 54
Working at Regional Hospital 50 min quit bickering 49
Hottest woman in TH over 40? 1 hr Craven Morehead 1
has lyman roberts stolen from you (Mar '11) 7 hr Church member 7
Zorah Shrine 8 hr keeps disappearing 17
Roberts....123 go !!! 8 hr White Trash Haters 1

North Terre Haute Jobs

North Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE