dear grandma

North Tazewell, VA

#1 Apr 26, 2012
We lost grandma a couple of months ago and miss her terribly. for the last year of her life she lived with us,we tried to give her a home,medical care,and peace of mind she desperately needed that she did not get from her daughter who had power of attorney and was het beneficiary; in the end we failed to get the one thing grandma wanted done she wanted all of her children to equally split her life insurance policy not just her daughter. due to health problems we were not able to do this and in the end only her daughter recieved the benefits of the policy. the rest of her children are devastated that their sister could do this to them she feels justified and has even changed her number when it was found she had cheated each sibling of 5000.00
my point in this is parents please list all of your children as beneficiaries to avoid what happened to our family. grandma would never have wanted only one of her children to recieve an inheitance she loved all of her children and would be devastated that her daughter acted so greedy and selfishly.
i miss you grandma and pray you are at peace.
Hey you

Bandy, VA

#2 Apr 26, 2012
aren't the first it has happened to, and unfortunately, you won't be the last. A life insurance policy is one thing that can't be contested in an estate settlement. Wills are made to be broken, and other things can be contested, but if the daughter was sole beneficiary, it seems that at one time, your Grandma intended for her to be just that. So, I'm sorry, but it has happened to a lot of people like that, to think they are entitled to a portion of something like that, and not get it. Sad that families are like that these days. So sad.
dear grandma

North Tazewell, VA

#3 Apr 26, 2012
Hey you wrote:
aren't the first it has happened to, and unfortunately, you won't be the last. A life insurance policy is one thing that can't be contested in an estate settlement. Wills are made to be broken, and other things can be contested, but if the daughter was sole beneficiary, it seems that at one time, your Grandma intended for her to be just that. So, I'm sorry, but it has happened to a lot of people like that, to think they are entitled to a portion of something like that, and not get it. Sad that families are like that these days. So sad.
no the daughter had grandma put her name down claiming she had to name only one person in order to get ssi benefits and widows check and convinced her to put only herself as beneficiary due to power of attorney. grandma wanted it changed but demencia hit and sadly her daughter took advantage of it; i really feel sorry for the 3 siblings. the daughter sent 2 a small amount of money and nothing to the one that took care of grandma. it is very unfortunate that things happened this way but as grandma would say its in gods hands may he have mercy on her sole. grandma always believed there was enough goodness that she got from her parents that she would not succumb to greed and do the right thing and share equally and if she didnt whats done is done. i personally am surprised she even sent anything to 2 of her siblings. I am just glad grandma is not here to see what her daughter has done it would hurt her deeply as it did her children.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#4 Apr 30, 2012
A life insurance policy is separate from a will as it is P.O.D......Payable on Death. It is a sad fact but it is what it is. Sorry for your loss of your loved one and hope you find some peace.
dear grandma

North Tazewell, VA

#5 May 3, 2012
greg in central va wrote:
A life insurance policy is separate from a will as it is P.O.D......Payable on Death. It is a sad fact but it is what it is. Sorry for your loss of your loved one and hope you find some peace.
thank you for your kind words, we are coming to terms with the loss of her and hope she is with grandpa and doesnt know what her daughter did it would upset her greatly to know only 1 of her children recieved this gift.
Yankee

Richlands, VA

#6 May 6, 2012
Some people will tell or promise anything to an elderly parent just for money, then will lie to other people, stand in a pulpit of church and convince people what a great Christian they are. They can snowball people, but what people think or say matters not come judgement day. But you know some people just don't care about that either just as long as they can keep people down here on earth fooled. Do you all know people like that?

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#7 May 6, 2012
Yes yankee I know a lot of those. These are people that try to convince you that it is perfectly possible to pick up a turd from the clean end. These people are surrounded by circle flies. Flies that are attracted to B/S. Now I'm not saying they are full of it, but it's real hard to fool those flies.
dear grandma

North Tazewell, VA

#8 May 6, 2012
Yankee wrote:
Some people will tell or promise anything to an elderly parent just for money, then will lie to other people, stand in a pulpit of church and convince people what a great Christian they are. They can snowball people, but what people think or say matters not come judgement day. But you know some people just don't care about that either just as long as they can keep people down here on earth fooled. Do you all know people like that?
you described her perfectly. what really got me is how she felt so justified in what she did knowing its not what her mother wanted done and everyone that knew grandma knew this. like i said before i really do hope grandma is at peace and finally with grandpa.
dear grandma

North Tazewell, VA

#9 May 6, 2012
Yes yankee I know a lot of those. These are people that try to convince you that it is perfectly possible to pick up a turd from the clean end. These people are surrounded by circle flies. Flies that are attracted to B/S. Now I'm not saying they are full of it, but it's real hard to fool those flies.
lol nicely said!!!!!!
Yankee

Richlands, VA

#10 May 8, 2012
dear grandma wrote:
<quoted text> you described her perfectly. what really got me is how she felt so justified in what she did knowing its not what her mother wanted done and everyone that knew grandma knew this. like i said before i really do hope grandma is at peace and finally with grandpa.
Maybe she is some kin to the one I was describing , sound more like 2 peas in a pod. But remember they will reap what they sow.
Our loved ones know nothing about what lies were told to them, by the child they raised, if they could, can you imagine what heartaches they would be going thur, and how many tears they would shed.
Yankee

Richlands, VA

#11 May 8, 2012
So true Greg !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls basketball 13 min Get Educated 19
Teacher in Tazewell High School assaulted? 15 min Cal 31
tazewell magic mart manager is a scrooge 17 min Crystal 3
people who divorce after many years of marriage (Aug '13) 58 min yep 51
Trucks 1 hr yep 3
donnies shutting down on dec 31 1 hr want to know 1
big women wanted 2 hr New guy 280
North Tazewell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web