Tazewell County residents speak out on amendment to animal law

Jan 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Approximately 100 people attended the Tazewell County Board of Supervisors to discuss the implications of a new amendment to the county's animal control ordinance Tuesday regarding the prohibition of nuisance barking.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
droopy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Hunting dogs are exempt well don't that take the cake. The blood lines of most dogs are from and were used for hunting. Besides have you been to the landfill lately did you hear all the dogs barking. Those are the ones currently in the possession of the county at the animal shelter. Who are they going to cite for those. I told my cows to be quiet last night before someone called the Poepo.
meme

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Very true. Most dogs were designed for hunting. What about beagles? They in most cases are not hunting dogs but they still have the behavior. On the other hand I think I like the police talking to someone if their dog constantly barks. If people actually spent time with their outdoor dogs other than going out to feed them maybe they would bark less.
Wondering

Hinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

ERic Whitesell is a prick. I think we ought to have a no prick lawyers ordinance in Tazewell County and get rid of these lawyers.
taz

Watseka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

the next thing they going to try is to get the cats for meowing.they are crazy.i know some of them same people has dogs also.there is better things out there that needs help than this or is it that the lawyer doesnt have nothing better to do.and this is alot of country land and if you dont like it than maybe you need to go to city life.this is hunting land.
this is crazy

Watseka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

dont you lawyer have other thing to do like getting these bad people off the streets or is that not what is going on now days.i do see alot of bad people walking the streets now that should be locked up but got a get out of jail card.
meatball

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

They cant put money in their pockets if its lawful and just
really?

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Don't like my dog barking then stay out of her yard and keep you stupid cats out of my yard too before she gets ahold of them.
dicks

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Wondering wrote:
ERic Whitesell is a prick. I think we ought to have a no prick lawyers ordinance in Tazewell County and get rid of these lawyers.
There are a lot of dogs barking at the Court house get a muzzle on them lol.
cats

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

tuh,tuh,leave cats out of this now!hope dogs don't kill any cats,and you should realize,when the powers supreme want to romp down on people,they are organized,and can do it!maybe they'll equalize the dilemma,and fine people for letting our cats killing too many mice????
smh

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Cats are more of a nuisance than any dog. Tearing up trash, ripping screens out of windows, walking on clean cars and trucks with their muddy paws, climbing up in car motors and getting killed, scratching and biting people. And they still let the stupid things run lose. I think we need some leash laws for them and fines for cat owners. If my dogs tore up as much as cats do they'd come get my dogs.
etc etc

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

so do birds,flies,gnats,ants,rats..t he list goes on and on concerning destructive,pesty animals,insects,and not to mention ticks,that cause Lyme disease!i would say the people behind the amendments,don't hate dogs,they just use the guidelines,that some dogs can be noisy in certain neighborhoods.good grief!
Okay

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

etc etc wrote:
so do birds,flies,gnats,ants,rats..t he list goes on and on concerning destructive,pesty animals,insects,and not to mention ticks,that cause Lyme disease!i would say the people behind the amendments,don't hate dogs,they just use the guidelines,that some dogs can be noisy in certain neighborhoods.good grief!
Want to control something how about raccoons and pet cats I'm so sick of coming out on my porch to find neighbors cat on my lawn furniture and cat puke and it stinks like cats ,and on top of the fact i have allergies to cats.
cats need a leash

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Cats really need to be controlled. They are a nuisance. And cat owners do nothing to stop it but they sure will complain when my dog get one of their stupid cats. Guess they should control their cat if they don't want my dog getting it or someone shooting the stupid things. I'm sick of them tearing up trash and getting on my vehicles with their muddy paws and scratch them. What if I let my dog get on their car, bet they wouldn't like it. Put them on a leash like dogs. And don't say you can't cause I know one woman that's cat never goes outside unless it's on a leash. Just shows she respects other people.
wrong town

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

yeah,people are taking a risk,and being slip shod pet owners,to let their cats,dogs,gerbils,parakeets,et c.,run free in a neighborhood,where houses join yard to yard!!i wouldn't want any of my animals being a nuisance to other people,showing respect.neither would i want one of my animals,injuring,or killing a stranger's animal ,bottomline!if people,organizations would help more,people that can't be picky about their neighborhoods(live on a 30 acre farm!),should spay,neuter their cats,dogs,not contribute to overpopulation,causing rifts with people that are pestered by uncontrolled animals.i'd hate to think that somebody saw a cat,doing a peccadillo to their property,then assuming it's "my" cat and harming it.when people can't take control of their own animals,neglecting to spay,neuter,get shots up to date,keep them under control,how are they responsible people at all? I get so aggravated with people getting kittens,puppies,getting tired of them,and then abandoning them,or hauling them off on somebody else to worry to death,PEOPLE THAT CARES ABOUT ANIMALS THAT IS!!Give the unwanted animals away,take them to a shelter,where they'll have a chance,at least!
Apple

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Doing a peccadillo? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
wrong town

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Maybe the wrong terminology,more like "petty" crimes,i.e.,destroying a Glad garbage bag,dumping on a door mat,whatever cats do illegally? When they start barking,though,I would be unique,a oner,to own a barking cat!!Ha,ha.
homeowner

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dogs parking I can put up with cats on the other hand are destructive, both of my automobiles are scratched to death from them and can't even go outside without the smell of urine and cat poop knocking u down. There needs to be something done about cats, I work my butt off to have something and then have the neighbors cats destroy it that's a lot worse than a bark!!!!!
cats need a leash

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

homeowner wrote:
Dogs parking I can put up with cats on the other hand are destructive, both of my automobiles are scratched to death from them and can't even go outside without the smell of urine and cat poop knocking u down. There needs to be something done about cats, I work my butt off to have something and then have the neighbors cats destroy it that's a lot worse than a bark!!!!!
So true. People with these cats tearing up people's stuff like scratching your cars need to be held responsible for paying to fix it if they can't control their cats. They need to pick up lose cats like they do dogs running lose too. Or open a season on the cats for us.
Defenders

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Whee,what about birds pooping on your cars,patio furniture??You,see,everything is a series of what if's,and maybe so's.Destruction of property,and dogs barking,disturbing people's rest, is two different things.I guess people would have to sue the state,county,for birds,termites,cockroaches,ant s,bees,flies,mice,and moles for the destruction,health hazards they create.People might want and try to sue the state for salt,gravel damage to their cars,maybe hitting pot holes,causing the need for an alignment for their car???
lol

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Defenders wrote:
Whee,what about birds pooping on your cars,patio furniture??You,see,everything is a series of what if's,and maybe so's.Destruction of property,and dogs barking,disturbing people's rest, is two different things.I guess people would have to sue the state,county,for birds,termites,cockroaches,ant s,bees,flies,mice,and moles for the destruction,health hazards they create.People might want and try to sue the state for salt,gravel damage to their cars,maybe hitting pot holes,causing the need for an alignment for their car???
Maybe you should keep your cats put up and we'd stop complaining. It's just like me keeping my dogs put up. I don't let them bark and keep people up or tear up people's stuff. All we want is the same courtesy. Take some responsibility for the animals you have or get rid of them. Not talking about insects or wild animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beingwhatched 11 min Minnie 16
School Colors 49 min Old and Green 1
Deerfield Yard sale 3 hr Not from here 3
Helicopter 3 hr BPD 2
Brian Sutherland Tue jewel 2
That chick Laura Gill (Jan '11) Tue curious 61
12 yr old girl dating 16 yr old boy (Nov '13) Tue KayLove 26
•••
•••
North Tazewell Dating