really

North Tazewell, VA

#61 Mar 28, 2013
I feel I am entitled to pay what my bill says and not a penny more. Sorry to inform you all the way in jupitor florida that was food was not spit on nor dropped, however might have gave it more flavor. Speaking of spit, begging for a few bucks online it appears thats all your worth. Your there employee, work for it.
Lola

Matthews, NC

#62 Mar 28, 2013
Your there employee? Or maybe, you're their employee? By all means keep the money that should be used for tipping and buy Hooked On Phonics.
really

North Tazewell, VA

#63 Mar 28, 2013
tip me an i will type better
Lola

Matthews, NC

#64 Mar 28, 2013
really wrote:
tip me an i will type better
No,you don't believe in tipping.
what next

Haysi, VA

#65 Mar 28, 2013
do we tip the cashier because she took our ticket and rang it up. or the sale person that helped you find something at Walmart or Food City?

Tipping is a courtesy for courtesy and good service you say. Are we gonna have to tip anyone that helps us out, anywhere we go?

Do you tip your mail carrier? It's a common courtesy according to Ms. Manners.

Tipping, tipping, tipping....everyone just walk around with your hand out.

((And to be honest, I always tip well, except when I get bad service, and bringing me crappy food, that is as much your fault as it is the cook's. I worked a restaurant job for years, you know when it's good and when it's not. You should steer your customers away from what you know is not.))
Lola

Matthews, NC

#66 Mar 28, 2013
Of course not, you tip a server, someone who spends time serving you. I do provide a Christmas present for the mailman. You either have good manners or you don't. You don't.
really

Grundy, VA

#67 Mar 28, 2013
So since you tip your server and buy your mail man a present whom makes 60k a year. Do you also provide services or financials benefits to the nurse for saving you, the cop for protecting you, the firefighter for keeping you safe or the doctor for mending you. NO YOU DO NOT. you dont have good manners. But you except us to tip someone for bringing us a meal, whose paid to bring us a meal and refill our drinks. A meal that we are agreeing to pay a set price for when ordering it. You maam are just rude an warped.
ABCDEFG

United States

#68 Mar 28, 2013
really wrote:
So since you tip your server and buy your mail man a present whom makes 60k a year. Do you also provide services or financials benefits to the nurse for saving you, the cop for protecting you, the firefighter for keeping you safe or the doctor for mending you. NO YOU DO NOT. you dont have good manners. But you except us to tip someone for bringing us a meal, whose paid to bring us a meal and refill our drinks. A meal that we are agreeing to pay a set price for when ordering it. You maam are just rude an warped.
To be honest, I have to agree that some servers should know if the good is good before it is brought out. Except on a steak. We can't really cut into it to make sure it's properly cooked. But if it is something I know isn't right, I won't take it out. I think the problem here is, we are paid to bein your food refill your drinks or whatever. But we aren't paid as much. If I give you crappy service then by all means, don't tip me. I deserve it. But again, the tip is just nice to have to keep you from having todo any of it yourself. And as I've said before, if you think the employer should pay is more then you need to prepare for the cost of your food that you order to double or triple in price. The reason we are paid so little and expect some tips is because we are paid so little to keep to cost of food lower for you the guest. Oh and where I work, the hostess doesn't cash you out. I bring the check, I take your money and bring your change or credit card slip. And the hostess does get tipped. If I have 5 tables in my shift an none of them tip me then I lose money because 3% of my total sales goes to the hostess for seating and sometimes clearing my tables for me.
lol

Bluefield, VA

#69 Mar 29, 2013
That's like me asking for tips everytime i hook my telemetry patients back up to their monitors and change the batteries in them. Come on..
Lola

Charlotte, NC

#70 Mar 29, 2013
really wrote:
So since you tip your server and buy your mail man a present whom makes 60k a year. Do you also provide services or financials benefits to the nurse for saving you, the cop for protecting you, the firefighter for keeping you safe or the doctor for mending you. NO YOU DO NOT. you dont have good manners. But you except us to tip someone for bringing us a meal, whose paid to bring us a meal and refill our drinks. A meal that we are agreeing to pay a set price for when ordering it. You maam are just rude an warped.
Oh good grief, there is a difference in the food service industry and medical or civil service fields. Just tip or stay home.
really

Grundy, VA

#71 Mar 29, 2013
there is no difference, waitresses expect to be tipped, but yet say if you dont tip stay home. if we stay home you wont make your 2 bucks an hour, if you dont like it, go to mcdonalds, you can be a waitress there too. it is not our job to pay your wages, i am now up to seven dine outs this week, have yet to tip any. i hope your one of them. if not tell me where you work and i will come there an no tip you either, for its not my job to pay your wages. if you dont like it quit.
Actually

Harrisonburg, VA

#72 Mar 29, 2013
really wrote:
there is no difference, waitresses expect to be tipped, but yet say if you dont tip stay home. if we stay home you wont make your 2 bucks an hour, if you dont like it, go to mcdonalds, you can be a waitress there too. it is not our job to pay your wages, i am now up to seven dine outs this week, have yet to tip any. i hope your one of them. if not tell me where you work and i will come there an no tip you either, for its not my job to pay your wages. if you dont like it quit.
Well there mr. tight A$$, actually if you stay home we who wait tables will make our $2 an hour and more because we want be waisting our time running our a$ses off to bring you refills of RC and trays of hot bread. We will be taking care of educated caring people who have manners and who know that eating out is a pleasure and they reward their servers with nice tips. So please, keep your cheap a$$ at home and make room for those who know how to live. OK, it is now your turn to make your smart a$$ed comments that no one really cares about.
Lola

Charlotte, NC

#73 Mar 29, 2013
really wrote:
there is no difference, waitresses expect to be tipped, but yet say if you dont tip stay home. if we stay home you wont make your 2 bucks an hour, if you dont like it, go to mcdonalds, you can be a waitress there too. it is not our job to pay your wages, i am now up to seven dine outs this week, have yet to tip any. i hope your one of them. if not tell me where you work and i will come there an no tip you either, for its not my job to pay your wages. if you dont like it quit.
I am not a server, I am a banking professional, with manners. Your parents (whose basement you probably live in) must be proud. I will not argue with idiots any longer. You have no manners and what is worse, are proud of it. I'm done.
amazed here

North Tazewell, VA

#74 Mar 29, 2013
Lola you said the same thing yesterday, yet continue to seek attention. So instead of spending your time on topix shouldnt you be investing my money that most likely keeps your bank afloat. Being a bank teller is a lonely life I am sure. However, as I stated previously if I choose not to tip, since it is optional I will continue to dine out, as a matter of fact now I am planning on where I wish to go spend my hard earned money as we speak and not tip again. Since you people feel this entitled ment. Your paid $2 an hour cause thats all your worth. So I hope I am one of the people today that makes you lose money.
Actually

Harrisonburg, VA

#75 Mar 29, 2013
amazed here wrote:
Lola you said the same thing yesterday, yet continue to seek attention. So instead of spending your time on topix shouldnt you be investing my money that most likely keeps your bank afloat. Being a bank teller is a lonely life I am sure. However, as I stated previously if I choose not to tip, since it is optional I will continue to dine out, as a matter of fact now I am planning on where I wish to go spend my hard earned money as we speak and not tip again. Since you people feel this entitled ment. Your paid $2 an hour cause thats all your worth. So I hope I am one of the people today that makes you lose money.
It has been said that what goes around comes around, ant I have seen that happen so often. I don't have a clue what you do to earn your hard earned money but most likely you think you are more important than you really are. Next time you take you cheap a$$ in a place to eat just be honest with the wait staff and tell them up front that you think they are worth $2 an hour and that you work hard for you money so you want be tipping. You have no manners and for sure will get what is coming to you one day. If you came to where I work and told the staff up front that we were only worth $2 an hour then no one would wait on you and the owner would just ask you to leave. What goes around will come around.
amazed here

North Tazewell, VA

#76 Mar 29, 2013
So where do you work, so we can try it out? Let's see if what you are trying to convey actually works. I bet ya won't. Now fetch me a coffee.
Actually

Harrisonburg, VA

#77 Mar 29, 2013
amazed here wrote:
So where do you work, so we can try it out? Let's see if what you are trying to convey actually works. I bet ya won't. Now fetch me a coffee.
No I am not telling you where I work, because I don't want your cheap a$s coming in. You are a worthless pile of crap who thinks you are the only one who works for a living. Try standing on your feet and running on a hard floor for 10 hours. You will get what you are due one day, and who knows our paths may cross I will be the one to give it to you. What kind of most important job do you have any way, must be something on your knees.
FOR SURE

Greensboro, NC

#78 Mar 29, 2013
Go to college, get an education and stop woring for 3.65 per hour! I dont have to do anything, and will never tip at Sonir or anywher else. You sign up to do the job for 3.65 per hour, its not on us to make a iving for you.
Sonic Drive In wrote:
Not a lot of people know this...but, you are supposed to tip at the Sonic drive through! The girls there onl make 3.65 an hour plus tips and if people do not tip, we do not make money! It is ok that it HASN'T been happening for the simple fact that before I started working there I didn't even know this. But now you do!
-An anonymous Server
ABCDEFG

Bluefield, WV

#79 Mar 29, 2013
I have a college degree. I'm also working on getting my bachelor's degree. Waitressing is a job that works around my school schedule and helps me put food on the table for my kids. And yes, we take the job at $2.13 an hour or higher with the knowledge that we are also generally going to receive tips. I don't get pissed if someone doesn't tip me, but I can guarantee, we do make fun of you and we remember you the next time you come in and then you are lucky if you get refills or even get your order right.
amazed here

Grundy, VA

#80 Mar 29, 2013
How sad, you boost of being a mother, then speak of making fun of someone. You lady not only failed yourself, you failed your kids, no wonder you have "a college degree" and working as a waitress. Next time swallow, like you do on first dates, and continue to get me my coffee expecting to get a tip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
airsoft 5 hr beastm 4
2014 G-Men 5 hr Tread 286
School Colors 12 hr brianjacksonasbury 70
Should 12 year old girl date 18 year old guys? (Jun '10) 13 hr brianjacksonasbury 111
Missy Lewis and mike 14 hr Grim Reaper 2
Charlie hagy 20 hr sky 4
crescentview parents who leave there kids unatt... Sat watching 3

Freeze Warning for Tazewell County was issued at October 19 at 10:38PM EDT

North Tazewell Dating
Find my Match

North Tazewell Jobs

North Tazewell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Tazewell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Tazewell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]