Clinch Valley Community Action

Clinch Valley Community Action

Posted in the North Tazewell Forum

Tazewell, VA

#1 Jan 17, 2012
This place is one of the most piece of shit places I have ever seen in my life. Norma Bowman and Jennifer Bourne especially. They don't give a shit about anybody but their self. Maybe if they would be nice they would get somewhere in life.. They don't care about anyones health nor do they care about anybodys safety! Don't go to Clinch Valley for anything!!!

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2012
is wrong, would they not give you a free ride. That group pisses away more money than any agency in Tazewell county. I do agree with you in part, a lot of what they do is just to promote themselves.

Tazewell, VA

#3 Jan 18, 2012
The only thing I know about that place is they want you to have a degree and want to pay you a very very little above min wage!

Tazewell, VA

#4 Apr 25, 2012
It is a useless place If u Aint in the click there u Dnt get help regardless of race sex etc

Madison Heights, VA

#5 Apr 11, 2015
agree wrote:
It is a useless place If u Aint in the click there u Dnt get help regardless of race sex etc
Did you know that most of the agencies that are there is a non-profit organization? Did you know they will help pay electric bills, do taxes for free did you know that the money they use is government grants, donations from charities, other government agencies. I use to be a Senior Care Giver till I got sick and had to go on oxygen. So just because they didn't give you what you wanted don't judge the book till you read it . Also,
in closing they have a weatherzation program for low income and the elderly.
Helping Others

Harrisonburg, VA

#6 Mar 4, 2016
I agree the place is there to help people.. It is the people that work there that is the issue. They need to weed out the ones that are not doing their job and the ones there that just make the place look bad. The first post is completely wrong.. Norma Bowman and Jennifer Bourne are wonderful people who try their best to help people. Then there are people like the assistant probation officer Tara S. Belcher who, right after her boyfriend Daniel J. Kegley went to jail, was carrying on an affair right in the building with a married man in weatherization. CVCA is all about giving chances for people to better themselves no matter what their past may look like, for the people who come there as well as the people who work there. They just need a set of standards to follow for the people who come there for help as well as the people who are supposed to be helping. If you repeatedly show up asking for help but you have shown you do nothing to help yourself then you should be shown the door til a period of time has past.. If you were given the opportunity to work there but refuse to act professional, courteous, with good moral, and the real need and enjoyment for helping better our community, families, and individuals then there should be disiplinary action fitted to the behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paris Sandifer 3 min Same way 2
News Grundy into playoffs after win over battling Bu... 2 hr Golden Oldie 1
Poll Should 12 year old girl date 18 year old guys? (Jun '10) 7 hr taint spray 156
does anyone know if billy whitt is a rat!!!!!!!... (Aug '12) Sat Charlene 12
anyone kno kim giberson? (Apr '11) Fri for real 11
Juanita (Apr '16) Fri mkg 14
Looking for Shelly Moore Fri Turkey 1

North Tazewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Tazewell Mortgages