DNR shoots black bear sighted in St. ...

DNR shoots black bear sighted in St. Paul, North St. Paul and Oakdale

There are 68 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 20, 2011, titled DNR shoots black bear sighted in St. Paul, North St. Paul and Oakdale. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

After a black bear was spotted in St. Paul, North St. Paul and Oakdale Thursday night and this morning, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources dispatched it today, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Huh

Minneapolis, MN

#22 May 20, 2011
witeon wrote:
oh, those of you whom use the expression "treehuggers" , look up the true meaning of treehugger so can learn how to use it properly! More nit wits!
Not that I disagree with you, but I do. BTW, who's a nitwit? In your posts, you had a penchant to mispell a wrod (word) or tow (two)... I'll let you figure out which ...
MARY JANE

Hillsboro, OR

#23 May 20, 2011
why would you kill something endangered by climate change ?
WILDLIFE VS NORMAL LIFE

Hibbing, MN

#24 May 20, 2011
MARY JANE wrote:
why would you kill something endangered by climate change ?
Once again who cares who pays for the Bullet the DNR or me in Sept. when Im BEAR HUNTING???????
At least the bear is not going to waste like ROADKILL on 494 or 694
witeon

Saint Paul, MN

#25 May 20, 2011
Yes HUH, I sure did mis-spell, thank you for catching that! Sorry, been reading too many stupid people comments and caught the ray-tard flu!

“Just dance.........”

Since: Jan 09

East Side

#26 May 20, 2011
witeon wrote:
OH my, a real threat now! Why was this bear not tranqulized and relocated? What exactly did this bear do to threaten human lives????? The reports states a bear was sighted.........Uhhhh, what a sorry bunch of DNR officials! The bear was most likely a male whom was lost and confused wandering into unknown territory, its death sentance for its territories being taken away! You should be real proud DNR! real proud! Your lack of education and knowledge with wildlife is disgusting. Your unjust action just goes to show what a bunch of nit wits you really are! You should train in Wyomming and get a real wildlife education! Sleep good tonite!
I was actually going to comment the PP on a well written story for a change. If you had read the article it answers that question as to why it wasn't shot with a tranquilzer gun. Also why they didn't re-locate it. The article answered all my questions as i read it. Congrats on a well written story for once.:)
REALLY

Irving, TX

#27 May 20, 2011
FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SAID I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID CALLING THE DNR MEANT THEY WOULD KILL THE BEAR - "TOLD YA"
as a conservative

Minneapolis, MN

#28 May 20, 2011
Mmmmmm bear...
fried in butter, and a bed of onions, so good
MZA

Minneapolis, MN

#29 May 20, 2011
Do you think the DNR guys did Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to shoot the bear? I hope he at least backed up a few paces and counted to three to give the bear a sporting chance anyway.
FrankL

Saint Paul, MN

#30 May 20, 2011
For some reason they kill a bear that was not showing any agressive tendencies, but yet we have coyotes attacking people's pets in the 494/694 loop and the DNR says they can't do anything. Probably they got rid of the bear because it moves nice and slow, the DNR doesn't need work up a sweat.
easy e

Saint Paul, MN

#31 May 20, 2011
It wasn't a bear, it was an obese man. They better prepare for the NCAACP...
Native American

Superior National Forest, MN

#32 May 20, 2011
FrankL wrote:
For some reason they kill a bear that was not showing any agressive tendencies, but yet we have coyotes attacking people's pets in the 494/694 loop and the DNR says they can't do anything. Probably they got rid of the bear because it moves nice and slow, the DNR doesn't need work up a sweat.
How would you know what tendencies it showed? Were you there? Well, were you?
Laura

Saint Paul, MN

#33 May 20, 2011
Was it collared? I thought those were the only ones that people want to shoot.
Kikeepoo

Minneapolis, MN

#34 May 20, 2011
What did that bear do to you, you punki little agency who thrives at killing anything in the name of the law. hitler would have put you to work since you do everything your told you gutless,cowardly 10 an hour hore.
NAW

Long Lake, MN

#35 May 20, 2011
Laura wrote:
Was it collared? I thought those were the only ones that people want to shoot.
We only eat Collered greens..
Quick

Long Lake, MN

#36 May 20, 2011
easy e wrote:
It wasn't a bear, it was an obese man. They better prepare for the NCAACP...
Get it to the butcher shop so no one will know what it was.
DNR Gestapo

Long Lake, MN

#37 May 20, 2011
FrankL wrote:
For some reason they kill a bear that was not showing any agressive tendencies, but yet we have coyotes attacking people's pets in the 494/694 loop and the DNR says they can't do anything. Probably they got rid of the bear because it moves nice and slow, the DNR doesn't need work up a sweat.
The DNR Gestapo is too busy manning the boat inspection stations to be bothered with rabid coyotes.

Besides manning the boat inspection stations resemble what Hitler would want done, you know stop all sportsmen and inspecting their boats and ALL other possible infractions of the law with ALL KINDS OF opportunities for raising revenue.

Wrong Target

Ely, MN

#38 May 20, 2011
Leave the bears alone!

The gang bangers however..........
the bear

Minneapolis, MN

#39 May 20, 2011
sometimes it just sucks to be a bear. Now I'm sad.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#40 May 20, 2011
Was it Lily?
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#41 May 20, 2011
Laura wrote:
Was it collared? I thought those were the only ones that people want to shoot.
Collared bears taste better. Even though the idealistic young researcher's know better, they can't help but throw a few (unwrapped of course) boxes of Snickers bars into the area once in a while. That makes the meat taste sweet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec 7 Lovergates 8
Scott T gave up Dec 3 Franken is TOAST 2
City Hits Snag Buying Troubled House Nov 29 Interesting Post 6
News Paul Allen: Loss of Jeff Dubay devastating (Oct '08) Nov 14 Konko blu 65
Class B License (Jun '17) Jun '17 reddheadbabe 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3
Attorney reviews Thorsen's police report, decli... (May '15) May '15 NSPpoo 1

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages