Ruben Rosario: While 3M's CEO blusters, a volunteer inspires

Chef Rachel Bethke, left, a Minnesota native, who is working as a volunteer for the Mercy Ship charity group. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#167 Mar 6, 2011
Crosstown Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
No - you are an abomination as an American.
Obama is saving our country from a corporate takeover and elimination of the middle class.
Wow, another stalker.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#168 Mar 6, 2011
Hardworking 3Mer wrote:
I don't care what Mr. Buckley's politics are. As an employee of and shareholder in 3M, what I do care about is whether his public comments as 3M's CEO are appropriate and reflect well on 3M. In this particular case, they were not appropriate and did not reflect well on 3M. He could have chosen any number of ways to get his point across without displaying his personal bias, and the message would have been much more effective. It's a shame.
More fairy tales from the gutless, anonymous poster.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#169 Mar 6, 2011
Crosstown Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is saving our country from a corporate takeover and elimination of the middle class.
We are SO fooled by you again, gutless anonymous liberal poster.
The Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#170 Mar 6, 2011
The truth is that the wingnuts will be silenced in November 2012. America's had enough of your hatred and rhetoric - and your fleecing of the middle class.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#171 Mar 6, 2011
The Truth wrote:
The truth is that the wingnuts will be silenced in November 2012. America's had enough of your hatred and rhetoric - and your fleecing of the middle class.
FINALLY! A Lib that gets it. While I disagree with your comment about the fleecing of the middle class, you are absolutely right with targeting the 2012 elections.

Thanks for being smart enough to know that the US is unique in the world and out election process is what makes us great.
Hardworking 3Mer

Saint Paul, MN

#172 Mar 6, 2011
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
More fairy tales from the gutless, anonymous poster.
One of the easiest things to do is sit behind the anonymity of your computer keyboard and call someone names while making a comment which makes absolutely no sense. Now THAT takes guts, I guess.

I know you agree with what Mr. Buckley said, but make no mistake, it was bluster. Even as he makes ridiculous partisan comments about Obama, 3M is positioning itself to take advantage of the tax breaks the Government is offering to companies who invest in alternative energy. THAT is good business; his comments, not so much.
Dean Wormer

Cottage Grove, MN

#173 Mar 7, 2011
Crosstown Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't believe Obama is an 'abominaion'(he's just another pol),your last sentence needs some proof IMO.

How exactly is he saving the middle class from elimination? The corps have already won... most folks just don't know it yet.
Teadrinker

Saint Paul, MN

#174 Mar 7, 2011
Crosstown Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the bailouts went to help his CEO buddies by paying for their bonuses.

The massive debt will hurt the middle class on down. So far, I see his policies targeting the middle class and lower by dding enormous debt which will drive inflation. Energy prices are going through the roof and he has done nothing about it. At least let us access our own oil.

It is allabout making us poor and dependent.
koz

Broadview Heights, OH

#175 Mar 7, 2011
harvey wrote:
At least they're not slaves to corporate thugs who sell them out at the first opportunity. Humans are not cogs in a machine, and should not be treated as such.
People ALWAYS come first. Learn that lesson.
Customers and stockholders are people.
AntiMelting

Brainerd, MN

#176 Mar 7, 2011
koz wrote:
<quoted text>Customers and stockholders are people.
Don't try to reason with harvey, he gets confused when you bring in the idea of business to the conversation.
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#177 Mar 7, 2011
The 3M ceo makes a few million running a successful for profit business. But Mary Brainerd makes around a million running the Health Partners "non-profit" HMO. When I use the term 'running' with regard to Mary Brainerd, I mean 'running' around to conferences because she doesn't actually do much to facilitate anyone getting any actual healthcare. Of course public radio executives make hundreds of thousands annually running their "non-profit" organizations at taxpayer expense.

When will Rubin be running headline articles complaining about CEO profiteering over at these so-called "non profits?"

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#178 Mar 7, 2011
Hardworking 3Mer wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the easiest things to do is sit behind the anonymity of your computer keyboard and call someone names while making a comment which makes absolutely no sense. Now THAT takes guts, I guess.
I know you agree with what Mr. Buckley said, but make no mistake, it was bluster. Even as he makes ridiculous partisan comments about Obama, 3M is positioning itself to take advantage of the tax breaks the Government is offering to companies who invest in alternative energy. THAT is good business; his comments, not so much.
Not really...care to have coffee in Building 229 and discuss that further?

See, my point is that I don't believe you actually work for 3M and are, as I affectionately coined, the gutless anonymous poster.

So, if you care to meet me, and if you are a 3M employee, you would know where in that location, I would appreciate hearing more of why you think that Buckley taking that "green" money would be bad.

If not, of course, you are who I suspect. No shock there.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#179 Mar 7, 2011
Teadrinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the bailouts went to help his CEO buddies by paying for their bonuses.
The massive debt will hurt the middle class on down. So far, I see his policies targeting the middle class and lower by dding enormous debt which will drive inflation. Energy prices are going through the roof and he has done nothing about it. At least let us access our own oil.
It is allabout making us poor and dependent.
In fact, friend, Obama has managed to accomplish more Federal debt ($223 BILLION) in the month of February alone.

In the ANNUAL 2007 budget, EVIL Bush had a total Federal deficit of about $400 billion.

Regarding debt, 2 months of Obama = 1 year of the LIBERAL Bush.

Yes, what a fine, fine President we have.

At least we elected a black man so that Michelle Obama can FINALLY be proud to be an American....

...cuz that is what is important.
Rosarios rose glasses

Saint Paul, MN

#180 Mar 7, 2011
Only Rosario could, in one story, attack private corporations, and suggest living off charity to do "the good work" is "the way it should be." Working for free does not afford CORPORATIONS to do charitable work, ya noob. Think the "Mercy Ship" was built with fluffy bunnies and rainbows? No!

Before we can have charity, we have to take care of home first. Otherwise, we all become government-dependent charity cases.

World trade has set the stage for this. Shareholder profits before all else, CEO's making unGodly money, etc. Any fight the CEO's put up is to insure the free flow of jobs out of the U.S. in a race to the bottom in global wages and continuing the high profits for the elite 1% of the world who comprise most of the stock owners/board members. Bush set the stage for this before Obumbler, and Clinton before that. "One World Economy." "One World Government." Same thing.
the burning question

Spring Hill, FL

#181 Mar 7, 2011
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
We are SO fooled by you again, gutless anonymous liberal poster.
Are you certified ?

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#182 Mar 7, 2011
the burning question wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you certified ?
In multiple technical disciplines, yes.

Thank you for asking, gutless anonymous poster.
the burning question

Spring Hill, FL

#183 Mar 7, 2011
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
In multiple technical disciplines, yes.
Thank you for asking, gutless anonymous poster.
Inquiring minds want to know. Are you as phony as a 3-dollar bill or is your charade just a pent up masquerade ?

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#184 Mar 7, 2011
the burning question wrote:
<quoted text>
Inquiring minds want to know. Are you as phony as a 3-dollar bill or is your charade just a pent up masquerade ?
How many names do you have, gutless anonymous poster?

I guessed 97, but that might be light.

And your point?

None, as is typical of a liberal.
condition of anonymity

Spring Hill, FL

#185 Mar 7, 2011
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
How many names do you have, gutless anonymous poster?
I guessed 97, but that might be light.
And your point?
None, as is typical of a liberal.
True, 97 is light but what difference does it make ? Being a Jeff T in MPLS has as much significance as a fart in a hurricane.
NUTSTOU

Riverview, FL

#186 Mar 7, 2011
Chuck wrote:
The 3M ceo makes a few million running a successful for profit business. But Mary Brainerd makes around a million running the Health Partners "non-profit" HMO. When I use the term 'running' with regard to Mary Brainerd, I mean 'running' around to conferences because she doesn't actually do much to facilitate anyone getting any actual healthcare. Of course public radio executives make hundreds of thousands annually running their "non-profit" organizations at taxpayer expense.
When will Rubin be running headline articles complaining about CEO profiteering over at these so-called "non profits?"
I agree. The former head of Minnesota Public Radio made $millions off his for profit subsidiary selling Public Radio Memorabilia. Others like the Head of the American Red Cross, pocketed Many $Millions over the years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct 2 keren happ 208
Fall colors in the Twin Cities: where to find them Sep 29 Blackbama 1
Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... Sep 28 Patty Piles 1
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
North St. Paul Dating
Find my Match

North St. Paul Jobs

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North St. Paul News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North St. Paul

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]