Ruben Rosario: While 3M's CEO bluster...

Ruben Rosario: While 3M's CEO blusters, a volunteer inspires

There are 180 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Ruben Rosario: While 3M's CEO blusters, a volunteer inspires. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Chef Rachel Bethke, left, a Minnesota native, who is working as a volunteer for the Mercy Ship charity group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#147 Mar 4, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
If we listened to you years ago, we all would still be using IBM Selectrics.
Right next to the abacus and ink well with a quill next to it!

Maybe we could grab lunch with some sea shells and shiny rocks!
Adam

Blue Bell, PA

#148 Mar 4, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
At least with "realist" Capitalists like you, you get the real story here.'We don't care about America....we don't care about American workers....we got our start here, but as soon as we could, we moved overseas....we're making big money for execs and stockholders, so screw the rest of you....that's not going to change.'
Did it ever occur to those of your ilk that people NEED (not just want) cheaper goods because they are either unemployed, on unemployment, or working lower-end jobs due to the fact that JOBS HAVE BEEN SENT OVERSEAS? That this is a vicious circle which is turning into a death-spiral? That simply accepting the quid pro quo is HURTING AMERICANS?
Blaming Americans who seek to better themselves, organize, negotiate their wages, and push for American-built products is counterproductive, and playing the big Capitalists' game. As long as we're willing to be helpful droids and not fuss too much when we lose our jobs, they're perfectly happy. Until we push BACK and demand that American jobs come home, and buy American goods, this won't change, either.
FWIW
There is a lot more to your "death-spiral". NumbersUSA.org
BLJ

Saint Paul, MN

#149 Mar 4, 2011
Ruben, I'm not at all surprised at this type of article out of you, but why should it bother you at all what the CEO of 3M earns - unless you're a shareholder, of course. The last time I looked the government still has its hands off 3M and it has not been nationalized. Both George Buckley and Rachel Bethke made choices in their lives, and the fact that one earns tons of money and the other doesn't is not relevant. You don't know how much Buckley gives away to help others. I'm so sick and tired of the class envy in this country. If you want a lot then get out and figure out how to earn it. Otherwise, don't criticize those who have been successful.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#150 Mar 4, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
If we listened to you years ago, we all would still be using IBM Selectrics.
I doubt you've yet progressed to a Selectric. You probably have someone type your little japes onto this forum for you, in fact.

;)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#151 Mar 4, 2011
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Right next to the abacus and ink well with a quill next to it!
Maybe we could grab lunch with some sea shells and shiny rocks!
Use the rocks in your head, Jeffy, they've rattled around so much they're ESPECIALLY nice and shiny now...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#152 Mar 4, 2011
Anit-Christian Chaplin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you place unions first and jobs second? Sermonizing hypocrite.
I don't. Why do you want to eliminate both jobs AND unions? Blathering nitwit.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#153 Mar 4, 2011
griddy wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't use the word 'colleagues', idiot troll.
False...

griddy wrote:
<quoted text>Colleagues?- good one!. Spammers don't have 'colleagues'

Short-term memory loss, or just stupid?:)
griddy

Saint Paul, MN

#154 Mar 4, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
False...
griddy wrote:
<quoted text>Colleagues?- good one!. Spammers don't have 'colleagues'
Short-term memory loss, or just stupid?:)
stoopid troll. You'll never get it but keep running that blockhead into walls - it's almost entertaining.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#155 Mar 4, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you've yet progressed to a Selectric. You probably have someone type your little japes onto this forum for you, in fact.
;)
Yeah, you are right. Now go play in the street, and watch out for the cars!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#156 Mar 4, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are right. Now go play in the street, and watch out for the cars!
When YOU take Driver's Ed, I'll be sure to watch EXTRA-hard! lol

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#157 Mar 4, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Use the rocks in your head, Jeffy, they've rattled around so much they're ESPECIALLY nice and shiny now...:)
The gutless, anonymous poster strikes again...

...I like the Pink Panther much better.

But you do remind me of Inspector Clouseau, only he was funny.

You are a moron.

"Anonymity is a virtue. Every fool knows that. Anonymity's next to cleanliness and I don't have to tell you what that's next to. "
bill and ted

Hutchinson, MN

#158 Mar 5, 2011
jfs wrote:
3M is a union shop...! and go figure you quote a professor of economics who probably has never ran a business nor worked in the real world.. it is taxes and government that is crushing the backbone.. idiots.....
It is indeed union, in parts...Parts of St. Paul and most of Cottage Grove.
bill and ted

Hutchinson, MN

#159 Mar 5, 2011
and other cities as well...
Camponella

Crystal Lake, IL

#160 Mar 5, 2011
Buckley is a Jackass
Taxman

Minneapolis, MN

#161 Mar 6, 2011
Sounds like the perfect CEO "It's all about me " !!!!
Freedom

Hopkins, MN

#162 Mar 6, 2011
Looks like rosy palmquist has written a follow-up declaring some sort of victory as apparently more sheeple heeded his call to outrage and sent him contratulatory emails than not.

And comments are disabled on this self-touch article.

Well, looks like the thought leaders have again taught the sheeple that anger and ignorance are the best tools to counter america's industrial decline, and that in marxism, the corporate executive is always the evil one.
Freedom

Hopkins, MN

#163 Mar 6, 2011
Camponella wrote:
Buckley is a ****

Get a job.
Hardworking 3Mer

Excelsior, MN

#164 Mar 6, 2011
I don't care what Mr. Buckley's politics are. As an employee of and shareholder in 3M, what I do care about is whether his public comments as 3M's CEO are appropriate and reflect well on 3M. In this particular case, they were not appropriate and did not reflect well on 3M. He could have chosen any number of ways to get his point across without displaying his personal bias, and the message would have been much more effective. It's a shame.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#165 Mar 6, 2011
Hardworking 3Mer wrote:
I don't care what Mr. Buckley's politics are. As an employee of and shareholder in 3M, what I do care about is whether his public comments as 3M's CEO are appropriate and reflect well on 3M. In this particular case, they were not appropriate and did not reflect well on 3M. He could have chosen any number of ways to get his point across without displaying his personal bias, and the message would have been much more effective. It's a shame.
It is not a shame if his statements are accurate. They are spot on. Obama is an abomination as President.
Crosstown Connie

UK

#166 Mar 6, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a shame if his statements are accurate. They are spot on. Obama is an abomination as President.
No - you are an abomination as an American.

Obama is saving our country from a corporate takeover and elimination of the middle class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakdale / Cop's firing bares ill will for longt... (Mar '09) Mar 25 EMMETSBURG PERSON 256
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... (Jun '15) Oct '15 LEGAL Thieves Amo... 3
Attorney reviews Thorsen's police report, decli... (May '15) May '15 NSPpoo 1
Lipstick on the snowman (Feb '15) Feb '15 Answer 1
News Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... (Sep '14) Jan '15 Answer 2
News Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
News Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct '14 keren happ 208

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages