Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesota's winter

Full story: TwinCities.com

Last year, about a dozen Minnesota communities dreamed of clean, green energy: spinning windmills powering hundreds of homes.
Comments
2,861 - 2,880 of 2,893 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2013
Bud

Minneapolis, MN

#3237 Aug 20, 2012
Clint wrote:
Spinning again tonight with NO WIND!!
Know a guy works for NSP, he says it's a floating joke about how the windmill eats more than it produces.

A total waste.
Clint

Minneapolis, MN

#3238 Aug 28, 2012
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Know a guy works for NSP, he says it's a floating joke about how the windmill eats more than it produces.
A total waste.
It's obvious that's the case. I see the windmill out my window and on calm days the wind speed is ZERO on the web site but the windmill is spinning AND the website is showing zero KWHs being generated.

The only way it can be powered to spin is using grid electricity paid for by users from NSP. Maybe some new blood on city council will produce the truth?
Earthling

Harlan, IA

#3239 Aug 29, 2012
Wishin I was in MN wrote:
I am a conservative republican. I don't undestand why people say global warming is a hoax. The stupid line that look at the weather in the country this yr is a pile of crap. Just because it snows and we had a few days or a week of very cold weather doesn't mean the earth is not warming. I am not sure we have that much to do with the warming, but it is occuring anyway. I went to college for Meteorology. I spend a lot of my time studying the facts, and yes the earth is warming. Warming, for those of you that only understand what happens today, comes in different ways. I may be colder in one area and much warmer in another. Or it may be much drier in an area. It is not all just everything is warmer. Anyway I hate typing, but I really hate when people talk about things they don't understand. I agree govt wastes a lot of money on silly things, but we have to start somewhere. Whether or not we have anyting to do with warming, we are not doing anything good for the environment or our childern.
Have nice day.
It's the big yellow ball in the sky called the Sun.it's just starting into an active cycle.
Superman

Saint Paul, MN

#3241 Sep 22, 2012
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>It's the big yellow ball in the sky called the Sun.it's just starting into an active cycle.
Naw, it must be human created warming.
Seattle

Saint Paul, MN

#3243 Sep 27, 2012
Superman wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, it must be human created warming.
Farts.
Ka-Bob

Saint Paul, MN

#3245 Oct 1, 2012
New council will fix this junk.
Frenchie

Minneapolis, MN

#3246 Oct 11, 2012
You, new council will work wonders.
Bernie

Minneapolis, MN

#3247 Oct 27, 2012
NSP will be installing another windmill, more money blowing in the wind..
Turk

Minneapolis, MN

#3248 Nov 1, 2012
What the heck Wally doesn't live in NSP so he could careless if he wastes mone as long as his 6 digit salary funded.
Clint

United States

#3249 Dec 1, 2012
NSP WILL NOT produce what the wind mill produces OR what the wind mill costs to operate.

Any more questions?
Alice

United States

#3250 Dec 6, 2012
Clint wrote:
NSP WILL NOT produce what the wind mill produces OR what the wind mill costs to operate.
Any more questions?
I just want to know why the city charges for bulk item pickup if its used or not.
paul

UK

#3251 Dec 6, 2012
Clint

Saint Paul, MN

#3252 Feb 6, 2013
SA Kiteman

Alexandria, VA

#3253 Feb 8, 2013
Tybalt wrote:
Well we tried to warn you. Wind power too inefficient to be cost effective even in ideal conditions. But this is what you can expect. It should be instructive to all local governments in Minnesota. no matter what the enviros promise, you better not risk your budgets on "renewable energy" pipe dreams.
Unfortunately, until wiser heads change state law, the HAVE to do this brain-dead stuff!
Maggie

Saint Paul, MN

#3254 Feb 13, 2013
"RENEWABLEENERGYSD"
Ripoff.
Thanks Al Gore for junk..
mc

Danielson, CT

#3255 Feb 15, 2013
Sometimes working on a smaller scale can have a large impact, Greenenergyefficientproducts.com has a ton of cool devices to help you save energy in your home - and if you don't care about saving energy, they will also save you money! Anyone that says they don't like saving money is lying. Greenenergyefficientproducts.com also has gadgets like wifi thermostats, and outlets that make your home controllable from any wifi device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer!
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#3257 Feb 26, 2013
Wind Turbines suck..
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#3258 Mar 6, 2013
The Wind statue was actually spinning this morning.

First time in a month.
arzcat

Ames, IA

#3259 Mar 8, 2013
Iowa is launching new wind energy project!
It looks like a new wind enrgy project is launching in Iowa. Here is the information and their survey. If you are interested, check it out.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72351286/Brochure_ph...
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#3260 Mar 9, 2013
Minnesota has a wind project every year wen the Legislature is in session.

A bunch of low hards shoot off their mouths and generate nothing but more restrictons on freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul '14 Turk 1,754
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
Ten vie to replace late North St. Paul mayor (May '08) Nov '13 toofunny 209
•••
•••
North St. Paul Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••