North St. Paul woman sentenced for spending mother's money on herself

Marsha Kay Aspelund Truskolaski was sentenced Wednesday in Ramsey County District Court for taking thousands of dollars from her legally blind elderly mother. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#22 Mar 25, 2011
Marine Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My, oh my - that's quite a generalization! So, those kinds of activities are more prevalent in NSP? Interesting...
I was thinking the same thing.........

“Joy is the shadow cast by pain”

Since: Dec 08

Twin Cities, MN

#23 Mar 25, 2011
xxx wrote:
this woman is the one of the kinest women I know. Keep your mouths shut unless you know all the facts. ever heard of family problems- sibling rivalry
bullshit.

She stole from her mother. It's been proven. There is no excuse for that. AND she withheld her children from their grandmother during this time.

She's pondscum and dog crap.
Just the facts

Eau Claire, WI

#24 Mar 25, 2011
xxx wrote:
this woman is the one of the kinest women I know. Keep your mouths shut unless you know all the facts. ever heard of family problems- sibling rivalry
THen explain to me, why the mother said she never told her to use the money for person expenses? Why did they prosecute? The mother let her off easy in my opinion, probably due to the threat of never seeing her grandchildren.

Real quality friend you have.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#26 Mar 25, 2011
CamelTow wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the sentiment. At the time all of this was happening it was extremely upsetting to myself and other siblings. I have since come to a good place with all of it for I know that what goes around comes around and it has big time. My sister is one of the most unhappiest people I know.....she has never been married, has no kids, is a career person, goes thru men like crazy, hence I know she is lonely and misrable. No amount of money is worth all of that...Yes my friend, Karma is one powerful lady!
Yes I totally believe that~~~And you are welcome;)
Where are YOUR morals

Cape Coral, FL

#27 Mar 28, 2011
To take advantage of your elderly mother is the worst kind of wrong. I do not understand how this woman can sleep at night, as a mother you should be setting a good example for your children. Instead you have taught them that it is okay to take advantage of people and a slap on the wrist is all you will get. This is an injustice and what this woman did makes her scum. Good luck on judgement day and until then Karma is always lurking around the corner.
Only North Saint Paul

Maple Plain, MN

#28 Mar 28, 2011
Marine Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My, oh my - that's quite a generalization! So, those kinds of activities are more prevalent in NSP? Interesting...
Rumor has it it's in the water. NSP water is well water and there is a contaminated well that NSP residents drink from and it makes residents do strange things.
Only North Saint Paul

Maple Plain, MN

#29 Mar 28, 2011
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO wrote:
<quoted text>
NSP is a Nice little area~~Silver lake~~
It should be called Gold or Yellow Lake. Is a standing joke that all the little kids use the lake for a urinal and the beach is shallow and in a bay.

Of course the City closed the beach so there is "NO SWIMMING" in the lake anyway.
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#30 Mar 29, 2011
Only North Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be called Gold or Yellow Lake. Is a standing joke that all the little kids use the lake for a urinal and the beach is shallow and in a bay.
Of course the City closed the beach so there is "NO SWIMMING" in the lake anyway.
I used to take my son fishing there all the time, I love that lake. As for the kids using it as a urinal, well I suspect that little kids, and big ones for that matter, would use any lake as a urinal if given the chance....
Only North Saint Paul

Plymouth, MN

#31 Mar 29, 2011
CamelTow wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to take my son fishing there all the time, I love that lake. As for the kids using it as a urinal, well I suspect that little kids, and big ones for that matter, would use any lake as a urinal if given the chance....
Heck I have fished and used the beach since the 1950s. Recall fishing just outside the beach area toward the pump house hooking a 5 pound Northren and got it to shore and the little kids swimming saw the fish and all left the water. Not wanting to swim with fish that big.

Also recall trolling off the shore of Ted Lillie Sr Sr house, RIP. My sister hooked a 6 pound bass, what a suprise. Also the time my brother bought a new fly rod and we went evening fishing off the point near Hal Norguard's house, he hooked a 6 pound bass.

A couple of years ago the City of North Saint Paul killed all the weeds in Silver Lake. We all know what happens when you remove all weeds from a lake, it dies. The weeds were killed in order to facilitate the sales of some houses near the lake, as near as can told.

Of course last summer the City of North Saint Paul closed the beach because they didn't have the money for life guards. So the lake is dead and the beach cannot be used BUT the City of North Saint Paul is paid hansomely in addition to having the use of a LARGE SUV and a GAS card all provided by the City of North Saint Paul.

Oh almost forgot the MnDNR will be constructing a brand new fishing dock this summer, seems the existing one is obsolete, even thou there are NO DEFECTS evident. DNR must have money floating around they don't need.

The reason the beach was noted for the presence of a yellow tinge is that the beach is shallow and in a bay that has little water movement. We enjoyed swimming in the White Bear beaches because they were relatively clean in comparison. Of course the killing of all the weeds in Silver Lake also contributes the murkyness of the lake.

Location hidden

#32 Mar 29, 2011
Only North Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that little lake, houses are pretty and Imy dog likes the lake~~ICK who swims in any lake anyways?? Not me anymore~~

“Joy is the shadow cast by pain”

Since: Dec 08

Twin Cities, MN

#33 Mar 30, 2011
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO wrote:
<quoted text> I love that little lake, houses are pretty and Imy dog likes the lake~~ICK who swims in any lake anyways?? Not me anymore~~
Well, at least in a METRO area lake! I think it's gross that people eat fish that come from Lake Nokomis or Lake Phalen.

Location hidden

#34 Mar 30, 2011
AngelaMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least in a METRO area lake! I think it's gross that people eat fish that come from Lake Nokomis or Lake Phalen.
Well then again, they eat CATS & DOGS too~~LOL
Ski Guy

Venice, FL

#35 Mar 31, 2011
I think that many of the posters are missing the point that since Marsha stole her mothers life savings the tax payers of MN are on the hook for the remainder of the Grandmothers life since she has no $ other than SS. On and aside I hope that Marsha has fun working fast food for the rest of her life since there is no way she will ever pass a background check for a decent job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State board investigating lawyer's complaint ag... (Feb '09) Dec 14 Iabdull 29
Report: 3 arrested in burglary spree that spans... (Sep '10) Dec 12 lol man 88
Ramsey County home values rising, and so are th... Dec 8 doomsayer 1
Former sheriff Fletcher files to run for Ramsey... (Jun '12) Nov 24 Dutchman 3
Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
Widow, police chief clash over tribute pin (Oct '10) Oct '14 keren happ 208
Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... Sep '14 Patty Piles 1
North St. Paul Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web