North St. Paul woman sentenced for spending mother's money on herself

Full story: TwinCities.com

Marsha Kay Aspelund Truskolaski was sentenced Wednesday in Ramsey County District Court for taking thousands of dollars from her legally blind elderly mother.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Yah those are the WORSE ones~~The ones that are closest to the parent~~They think they are ENTITLED to ALL~~~I know it all to well~~My sister did the same thing~~

KARMAs a BITCH SiS!!!!!
OMG

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

So she spent 250k on her luxeries for a mother that she "cares" so much for that she has in assisted living rather than at home with her yet she only has about 18k in restitution?? What the.....part of her punishment should be to move her mother in with her and to be responsible for all her mom's expenses for the rest of her life.
No Chance

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Well as long as she only has one pool then it is ok.
Only in NSP

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

The gene pool is bad in NSP...
Former Eastsider

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

I agree with the idea that she should have to pay the expenses equal to the amount she stole. An that is exactly what she did. She stole her mother's money. Also, now that her mother is in an assisted living place and has no money, the taxpayers are probably paying some of that bill too. If she is getting social security, the assisted living place is probably taking some of that but the law says that a portion of that has to be kept for personal expenses so you can bet us taxpayers are paying for the rest.

“Joy is the shadow cast by pain”

Since: Dec 08

Twin Cities, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

She should have to sell her home, her car, jewelry, etc., in order to pay for her mother's care. Let her get a crappy apartment.

I feel bad for the mom. AND, this wench also kept her kids from visiting their grandma (something she said at the end of the story). Special place in hell, lady... special place in hell.
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO wrote:
Yah those are the WORSE ones~~The ones that are closest to the parent~~They think they are ENTITLED to ALL~~~I know it all to well~~My sister did the same thing~~
KARMAs a **** SiS!!!!!
my sister did the same as well..only she got away with it because she knew how....she is a lawyer.........
Only North Saint Paul

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

This type of activity is a part of the NSP mentality.

Take from others to live on, this has been the normal in North Saint Paul for years and it's part of the culture of the town.

The City of NSP is the biggest violator and the town sheep pick up on it and here ya go...

Theft is common and theft from relatives is the norm..
Peetie

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Good thing it's only a head photo, looks like she's packing a good 250 in the mid section. Guess she's been eat'in good these days.
Ya know

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Truskolaski's attorney, Ryan Pacyga, said that his client has only one swimming pool, that she lived in a "typical blue-collar" home.

Oh the poor daughter...only ONE pool. She must have been so impoverished.
Marine Mom

Cambridge, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Only North Saint Paul wrote:
This type of activity is a part of the NSP mentality.
Take from others to live on, this has been the normal in North Saint Paul for years and it's part of the culture of the town.
The City of NSP is the biggest violator and the town sheep pick up on it and here ya go...
Theft is common and theft from relatives is the norm..
My, oh my - that's quite a generalization! So, those kinds of activities are more prevalent in NSP? Interesting...
free in mn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Former Eastsider wrote:
I agree with the idea that she should have to pay the expenses equal to the amount she stole. An that is exactly what she did. She stole her mother's money. Also, now that her mother is in an assisted living place and has no money, the taxpayers are probably paying some of that bill too. If she is getting social security, the assisted living place is probably taking some of that but the law says that a portion of that has to be kept for personal expenses so you can bet us taxpayers are paying for the rest.
Yes we will be paying, but the patient only gets a very small amount for incidentals. Ex: Say cost is $3,000/mo, SS is $1,000/mo. Patient will get $50, maybe $75 of that. Don't quote me because I don't know for sure, I'm only going by my son's experience. Out of $550 disability, he got $40.

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

CamelTow wrote:
<quoted text>
my sister did the same as well..only she got away with it because she knew how....she is a lawyer.........
Yes it's pretty pathetic~~I got a lawyer then, and got the house~~Sorry to hear you had gone through the same BS~~
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

slime wrote:
<quoted text>This atty. is known for defending murderers and drug dealers.
Why is this problem? Everyone is entitled to a defense. I bet if you were wrongly accused of murder you would hire him.

“Joy is the shadow cast by pain”

Since: Dec 08

Twin Cities, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this problem? Everyone is entitled to a defense. I bet if you were wrongly accused of murder you would hire him.
Agreed. After OJ got off on murder charges, I told a coworker that I'd mortgage my house to hire Johnny Cochran if I were charged with a horrible crime.

Everyone does what they gotta do.
Only North Saint Paul

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Marine Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My, oh my - that's quite a generalization! So, those kinds of activities are more prevalent in NSP? Interesting...
Here's an example: City implements a bulk item pickup program. Says EVERYONE MUST CONTRIBUTE like $5 a month if you use it or not.

Then they keep increasing the amount they take from revenue payers.

One example, many more out there.....

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Only North Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an example: City implements a bulk item pickup program. Says EVERYONE MUST CONTRIBUTE like $5 a month if you use it or not.
Then they keep increasing the amount they take from revenue payers.
One example, many more out there.....
NSP is a Nice little area~~Silver lake~~
xxx

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

this woman is the one of the kinest women I know. Keep your mouths shut unless you know all the facts. ever heard of family problems- sibling rivalry
xxx

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

sorry, kindest
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it's pretty pathetic~~I got a lawyer then, and got the house~~Sorry to hear you had gone through the same BS~~
thanks for the sentiment. At the time all of this was happening it was extremely upsetting to myself and other siblings. I have since come to a good place with all of it for I know that what goes around comes around and it has big time. My sister is one of the most unhappiest people I know.....she has never been married, has no kids, is a career person, goes thru men like crazy, hence I know she is lonely and misrable. No amount of money is worth all of that...Yes my friend, Karma is one powerful lady!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North St. Paul Discussions

Search the North St. Paul Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
John Berschens, 74, a farmer would do 'anything... (Mar '11) Fri Steven Schneider 4
White Bear Lake meeting set to discuss water is... Jul 24 john 1
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jul 17 Turk 1,754
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••