'Classy' fan returns Frank Thomas' No. 500

Full story: TwinCities.com

Maplewood is gearing up for a debate over who should take out the trash. In an effort to cut costs for road improvements and rates for residents, the Maplewood City Council is considering switching to a city-controlled trash-collection system.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Follow The Money

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Being a resident of North Saint Paul I have no choice of who hauls my trash. The rates increase every year, more BS like bulk hauling is mandated to the tune of over three dollars a month which I don't want or need. If you don't pay the bill they just put it on your property taxes. Anyone who lives in North Saint Paul can tell you that city government is pretty crooked from the top down and I'm sure there are kick backs. If someone (like a local news channel) were to follow the money trail many truths would come out. Watch out Maplewood residents.
FIRE GARDENHIRE

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

I live in Oakdale, and we have the choice over who hauls our trash. My rates have also increased every year and they have added fees for things like bulk hauling. "Switch providers," you might say. In talking to my neighbors who use different providers, they also are facing raising rates. I think that the argument that having one provider versus many allows for more freedom and cost control is bogus.
Jackpine savage

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Duh ! Why is no one talking about the damage done to streets by having multiple heavy vehicles drive on them? Street repair more frequently costs a lot of $$$$. Shakopee went to single bid provider in the 70's for this reason and has excellent service...and no band of communists yet! Some times the experts, even those employed by the dreaded government have reasons for what they do. The guy from No St Paul must do his fact check with Bachmann.
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

My sister lives in N. St. Paul, and it is a big drain, there is corruption in the city....and its residents are held hostage.
They are Power Hungry

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Maplewood has no right to mandate anything more. The current council is already far over the line on many things.

And one of the administrators is ignorant and the other "city manager #2" is corrupt.

Maplewood Council stop wasting our time and money on stupid controlling ideas.
Smell the money

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

I just switched haulers and saved a significant amount of money. That option won't be available if the Maplewood city council gets it's way.
Jackpine or Frostbrand

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Jackpine savage wrote:
Duh ! Why is no one talking about the damage done to streets by having multiple heavy vehicles drive on them? Street repair more frequently costs a lot of $$$$. Shakopee went to single bid provider in the 70's for this reason and has excellent service...and no band of communists yet! Some times the experts, even those employed by the dreaded government have reasons for what they do. The guy from No St Paul must do his fact check with Bachmann.
I've been around a long time and I've never seen a street damaged (or repaired) because of a garbage truck. Just another one of the city's frivolous claims on their propoganda list. Duh!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North St. Paul Discussions

Search the North St. Paul Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber opt... (Jan '09) Jun 27 Turk 1,753
Man wanted in Roseville sex assault is caught d... (Feb '08) Jun 23 survivor 11
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Cops break up check forgery ring; 13 charged (Dec '10) Apr '14 Missmedezi 87
Legislation would rename Hwy. 36 in North St. P... Mar '14 Joe Blow 3
Tarah Louise Schmahl booked on multiple charges (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local Jail Blotter 1
District 622 Want MORE TAXES (Jul '11) Nov '13 RPeterson 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

North St. Paul Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North St. Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE