How much worse it could be

How much worse it could be

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 23, 2010, titled How much worse it could be. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Although I got a few chuckles out of his column , Jim Ragsdale needs to take a couple of deep breaths and understand where Minnesota would be had Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Former Ranger

Fall Creek, WI

#1 May 23, 2010
Wayne L. Hornicek, I like your analogy of Barkers; good at drawing a crowd, making noise and creating a few laughs or jeers from the crowd, Trust me," they say! I think the biggest Barker of them all holds the highes office of them all, President.
Former Ranger

Fall Creek, WI

#2 May 23, 2010
Family budget:
"The next time I have a budget issue, I'll follow the governor's lead: I'll contact those to whom I owe money and tell them that I'll pay them next year. "
Amazing how the liberal mind works! What Pawlenty is saying, and somehow you can't comprehend, is when you have budget issues DON'T GO OUT AND BUY A NEW CAR if you're having problems making ends meet as it is, or cut back on expenses. But no, the liberal mind says keeping spending on every little whim I have and buy new stuff and worry about it later.
Former Ranger

Fall Creek, WI

#3 May 23, 2010
John Dreelan, St. Paul, thank you for your service. It's an embarassment to this country that it took 40 years for people to realize the sacrafice put in by Vietnam vets.
Former Ranger

Fall Creek, WI

#4 May 23, 2010
"To those who wait until the last second to squeeze in, MNDot to the contrary, you're still a jerk." It's that kind of thinking that prevents the zipper effect from working. Amazing that it works quite well around the country but not here, guess we're so much smarter.
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 23, 2010
Don Drackert:
Don't be so quick in your judgement. This state still has some pretty wacky budgetary mal-priorities.

http://www.examiner.com/x-36867-Minneapolis-E...
Hmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 23, 2010
The thing Mr. Drackert fails to account for is that California has the initiative and referendum system in which citizens of California regularly vote in programs without being willing to also vote in ways to pay for them. Mn doesn't (thank goodness) have to deal with that. It's a significant difference.
Hmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 23, 2010
Former Ranger wrote:
Family budget:
"The next time I have a budget issue, I'll follow the governor's lead: I'll contact those to whom I owe money and tell them that I'll pay them next year. "
Amazing how the liberal mind works! What Pawlenty is saying, and somehow you can't comprehend, is when you have budget issues DON'T GO OUT AND BUY A NEW CAR if you're having problems making ends meet as it is, or cut back on expenses. But no, the liberal mind says keeping spending on every little whim I have and buy new stuff and worry about it later.
Really - that's your argument? Pawlenty has certainly done more than his share of borrowing since becoming governor in order not to have to pay for things now.
Jabber

Saint Cloud, MN

#8 May 23, 2010
T Paw is just a fancy bob and weave boxer. He has used up every spare dollar in Minnesota's coffers and left to the NEXT governor and legislature the task of paying back the schools. Bobbed (left the hard part to others) and now is weaving a tall tale about his prowess. (kinds like his hockey exploits let somebody else do all the work and ram home a rebound or slam a perfect pass)
Bulldog

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 28, 2010
And how about the GOOFY state legislature?

They are the keystone cops on acid.

WE ARE THE CALIFORNIA IN THE MIDWEST.

We would be toast if not for PAW.
Jabber wrote:
T Paw is just a fancy bob and weave boxer. He has used up every spare dollar in Minnesota's coffers and left to the NEXT governor and legislature the task of paying back the schools. Bobbed (left the hard part to others) and now is weaving a tall tale about his prowess.(kinds like his hockey exploits let somebody else do all the work and ram home a rebound or slam a perfect pass)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NSP electric utility scam Jan 6 Walls work 2
John Schmal award Jan 3 Walls work 1
NSP roads are terrible Dec 29 FBI Dirty - Trump... 1
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... (Aug '15) Dec '17 Lovergates 8
Scott T gave up Dec '17 Franken is TOAST 2
City Hits Snag Buying Troubled House (Jul '17) Nov '17 Interesting Post 6
Class B License (Jun '17) Jun '17 reddheadbabe 1

North St. Paul Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages