White Bear Lake's water level is near...

White Bear Lake's water level is near its record low, but history t...

There are 84 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 12, 2010, titled White Bear Lake's water level is near its record low, but history t.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Memorial Beach at White Bear Lake has grown by about one hundred yards in depth due to very low water levels on the popular Ramsey County lake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
HEY DOOR KNOB

Saint Paul, MN

#87 Aug 23, 2011
The water is WAY up this year and is expected with another winter like last to be back to normal.

PAY ATTENTION!!!

The world is not ending and the SKY did not fall.

It's called weather changes.

FYI...Goose lake NEVER was sewage holding pond.
Prior to 1970 the 6 homes on the lake drained raw sewage into the lake (instead of septic tank). That would be 41 years ago.

Now it's just a tiny shallow lake with pan-fish and Bullheads, probably cleaner the WBL itself.
Jack

United States

#88 Feb 20, 2012
Of course they forgot the fact that the city of White Bear Lake re routed the storm water catch basins a few years ago so now all of that water does not go into the lake, or the fact that they used to pump water into the lake years ago when it was low to keep the water level up, kind of like what they do with lake Phalen in St. Paul..
Cloud 9

United States

#89 Dec 4, 2012
gman11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this information, I did not know that Goose lake was a sewage reservoir in the past; But this is perfect. Lets make it a PCA Clean up site. Drain all the water into White Bear Lake, making certain it is tested for contaminants prior of course. Then, Dredge the lake bottom clean. Reconnect the two lakes and rename Goose lake, Goose Harbor:)
NOW would be a good time to clean up Goose Lake sewerage pond. Put the water from Goose lake into WBL and dredge Goose lake into a fully recreational lake with a bridge over a canal into WBL.

This would be a great CCC project for all the unemployed.
Jojo

Saint Paul, MN

#90 Apr 12, 2013
I just visited the lake ramp to see the levels. There's still snow on the lake but it looks lower then it was in November. Can a lake lose that much water over the winter? If I lived on the lake, i would be really worried... having a house over wetlands won't be nearly as nice as the lake...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Responded to White Bear Lake Home 49 Tim... Aug 19 tinkerbell127479 1
News Washington County briefs: County park in Lake E... Aug 17 William lyons 1
News Ramsey County commissioners poised to approve 2... Jul '15 Stealing Taxpayer... 2
Attorney reviews Thorsen's police report, decli... May '15 NSPpoo 1
Lipstick on the snowman (Feb '15) Feb '15 Answer 1
News Maplewood Home Depot may switch from Xcel to No... (Sep '14) Jan '15 Answer 2
News Ramsey County city races: Vadnais Heights mayor... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Drunkin Henry 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North St. Paul Mortgages